Lighting DIY COBs 1000w or very close 2

Sup bud.
Glad to see you getting everything dialed in, hope for clear sailings up to the finishing line now.

:growing:

2nd panel hanging....
6 vero 29 3500k 80cri around the outside..
2 vero 29 2700k 90cri in the middle..
Just got some reflectors and clips for these things but of course i need longer screws...
Couldn't wait, had to through her up..
20170427_233952.jpg

So the day has arrived.... Put on your glasses.. She is alive!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 714713 View attachment 714716 View attachment 714715
I just couldn't wait for the last 2 to finish.. Had to through this bad boy up.. Got my next beans in paper towel.. Should be potted soon. Dutch passion Brooklyn sunrise will be the test run with the new light.. I will start a separate thread soon...
There is one screw up i made as it was after 12 last night and i was super lit.. Very fixable.. But i won't do it for a while... You might have to look closely at the pictures.... And its not the slack in the wires... Haha.. I have tightened those up since the pics...
Cheers

all my kinds of awesome... :slap:

2nd panel hanging....
6 vero 29 3500k 80cri around the outside..
2 vero 29 2700k 90cri in the middle..
Just got some reflectors and clips for these things but of course i need longer screws...
Couldn't wait, had to through her up..
View attachment 741418

Hello Jimmy, I've been following your build from start to finish. I actually made this account just to talk to you a bit more about it. I've been researching cob builds for a couple months now. I researched a ton before I finally decided to go with Vero instead of cree. Your build basically convinced me just how good these chips really are. I'm going to try to build something basically the same as one of your lights.

I decided to go for 12 Vero29 SE 3000k in my fixture. Powered by 2x hlg-320h-c1400b. I know the basics on how to DIY a fixture. There are a couple things I would like to know how to do however which you can't really seem to find online, no one has really made any good videos on wiring/dimming control.

Ideally I would like to know how you would wire 6 chips in series to a single HLG b-version driver, and also have a digital meter like you have in your build? Do you think it would be possible for you to explain how to go about wiring something like your light? A sketch would be even better if possible. Much appreciated all the hard work you put into your system, I have already ordered my veros just need to get the rest of the gear now.

In series you start with your positive from driver to positive of the first cob. Then negative from that cob to the positive of the next. Continue the chain until you are connecting the negative of the last cob to the negative of your driver.. How big is your space bro?

In series you start with your positive from driver to positive of the first cob. Then negative from that cob to the positive of the next. Continue the chain until you are connecting the negative of the last cob to the negative of your driver.. How big is your space bro?

Thanks for the quick response man, I went with 80CRI for increased photon output. I think it would be more beneficial, ideally I would probably run 3000k 80cri and 4000k mixed but I went with all 3000k as it will likely be better suited for a scrog. To be fair when it comes to CCT and CRI I think as long as your around 3k-4k thats the sweet spot. 90 will lean more toward red but you sacrifice efficiency. I'm likely going to be using a 4x4 so in my case 12 chips is overkill but I will likely underdrive them.

Thanks for the diagram although for me it's difficult to understand it. For my setup I would like to run 6 chips per hlg-320h-c1400b, be able to dim both panels with a single potentiometer and be able to monitor them. I'm fairly certain it would be 100% identical to your diagram but there are a few things I don't know how to do from looking at the pic.

-no idea how to do the amp donut
-basically everything inside the junction box is hard to interpret.

Amp donut will come with your ac volt/amp meter. Make sure it has one as there are many with out.. Check the 80 vs 90 cri battle.. 90 kills it.. Its not all about photons my friend, spectrum plays a big part.. In the side by side 90 has bigger flowers and finished 2 weeks earlier.. Same clones, res, temps and humidity.. Same room just divided in half.. One plant per side.. I have been monitoring the thread religiously on another site and been posting pics here.. Its in the diy thread.. 3000 or 3500 90cri is the best all-around spectrum... Hands down... Take a look bud..
Cheers

Back