Lighting DIY Cob Building. Safety first! [ELECTRICAL SAFETY ADVICE]

Guys, need practical tip/suggestion.

I plan to hang heatsink from tent ceiling (see hemp wires). Where to place driver? I guess it's bad option to put it on fan.
How do you solve this? Any pictures would be great. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't be able to easily move it, but you could use some wire ties to strap it a cross bar across the top (roof) of the tent. This pic of mine that I used some EMT conduit show's kind of what I mean. Be aware, though, that the driver will get really warm. Mine pushes around 125-130F. I wouldn't think it would be a problem for the average tent pole, but be aware that there would be some heat there that the bar and paint on the bar will need to be able to handle.

DSCN5461.JPG

Guys, need practical tip/suggestion.

I plan to hang heatsink from tent ceiling (see hemp wires). Where to place driver? I guess it's bad option to put it on fan.
How do you solve this? Any pictures would be great. :thumbsup:

on top of the fan is fine

or hanging dirextly above or out of the cab

best thing u can do imo(seen as u are using chinese drivers and so i assume driver per cob) is to get a piece of wood and screw all the drivers down to it, have that out of the chamber(like on a wall or whatever) and run only DC power into the grow chamber

Thank you @Ozone69 and @Dion! :bighug:

Edit 2 hours later: just safety check, is wiring okay? Where I put yellow "ring" wire (last picture)? On plastic or metal? On Arctic?

Last edited:
Pretty sure that yellow wire is the ground. Should be able to hook it to the ground plug on your power plug with the other two wires on the +/-.

Back