New Grower Day 1, First Grow Fast Buds Six Shooter Auto

Gorilla Grow Tents makes a 2 x 2.5 x 6 tent. It can be extended up to 7 feet tall with a 1 foot extension kit. Or up to 8 feet tall with a 2 foot extension kit. They are a bit spendy, though.

yeah gorilla are really good but in canada there super expensive. i cant just seem to pull the trigger on one for that price for growing a plant or two at a time,lol. but will see how the larger tent i bought works when it gets here

Gorilla Grow Tents makes a 2 x 2.5 x 6 tent. It can be extended up to 7 feet tall with a 1 foot extension kit. Or up to 8 feet tall with a 2 foot extension kit. They are a bit spendy, though.
Good info MCPD I suggest to anyone buy them as big as you can/have room for. If think you can "get by" with less than you really need, you are just going to buy it again, or your grow will suffer.

You could always restrict roots, top, FIM, supercrop, SOG, SCROG, HST or LST to keep your plants away from the lights. Plenty of examples of people on AFN doing just that to get plants to conform to their spaces. There are a lot of ways to deal with it.

Successfully FIM'd the largest plant today at the start of the 6th node; gonna wait a couple of days for the other two for the node site to get bigger
WP_20180730_008.jpg

WP_20180730_011.jpg

Started tying all 3 down with pipe cleaners under the 4th node for LST; going to give them a day to adjust and work some more on em
WP_20180730_005.jpg

WP_20180803_007.jpg WP_20180803_009.jpg WP_20180803_012.jpg WP_20180803_013.jpg

Week 4 Update, start of day 29.

RH 45 - 50 %
Temp 77-81F

Pic sequence door shot, plant [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] with light off, plant [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], plant [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] (couldn't get a good side shot and too tired just home from work)

Busy week. Changed out the 300W LED for my 1200W LED, at about 25". Going to drop it an inch or two tomorrow after I do a preventative pest spraying.

FIM'd all three plants above the 5th node, no issues.

Started LST and I'm kind of getting the hang of it and understanding what to do. I probably should have started about 5 or 6 days earlier, so don't laugh too hard when you see how I don't have them centered above the pot. They were 11 or 12 inches tall before I started, but on a good side of it, I kind of turned it into high stress training at times this week and didn't have issue with breaking a stem. LST is making more sense now and I'm starting to see a reasonable canopy start to form as well as the difference in growth on the lower branches.

Water & Nutes - I've been giving 4 ounces every 48 hours. Nutes at 1/3 strength on Day 21, Water on Day 23, and same nute mix on Day 25. Day 26 I noticed 2 leaves on plant [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], and 1 leaf on plant [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] with a small burn on the tips. I'll be switching to a Nute - Water - Water schedule this week instead of the Nute - Water - Nute scenario I was planning. I'm growing in Happy Frog so like ev1 says it's a hot mix and you probably don't need lots of nutes, early on anyways. I'm still surprised at the journal and forum comments I've read where ppl post they are growing in HF and giving the FF trio at 1/2 strength from week 2 on with no issues, I'm calling "fake news" on that!

So I've accomplished my goal so far and not killed them off, and I'm probably gonna get some decent smoke as long as I keep taking care of them.

As always thanks for looking, any comments/suggestions are welcome!

View attachment 937681 View attachment 937682 View attachment 937683 View attachment 937684

Week 4 Update, start of day 29.

RH 45 - 50 %
Temp 77-81F

Pic sequence door shot, plant [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] with light off, plant [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], plant [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] (couldn't get a good side shot and too tired just home from work)

Busy week. Changed out the 300W LED for my 1200W LED, at about 25". Going to drop it an inch or two tomorrow after I do a preventative pest spraying.

FIM'd all three plants above the 5th node, no issues.

Started LST and I'm kind of getting the hang of it and understanding what to do. I probably should have started about 5 or 6 days earlier, so don't laugh too hard when you see how I don't have them centered above the pot. They were 11 or 12 inches tall before I started, but on a good side of it, I kind of turned it into high stress training at times this week and didn't have issue with breaking a stem. LST is making more sense now and I'm starting to see a reasonable canopy start to form as well as the difference in growth on the lower branches.

Water & Nutes - I've been giving 4 ounces every 48 hours. Nutes at 1/3 strength on Day 21, Water on Day 23, and same nute mix on Day 25. Day 26 I noticed 2 leaves on plant [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], and 1 leaf on plant [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] with a small burn on the tips. I'll be switching to a Nute - Water - Water schedule this week instead of the Nute - Water - Nute scenario I was planning. I'm growing in Happy Frog so like ev1 says it's a hot mix and you probably don't need lots of nutes, early on anyways. I'm still surprised at the journal and forum comments I've read where ppl post they are growing in HF and giving the FF trio at 1/2 strength from week 2 on with no issues, I'm calling "fake news" on that!

So I've accomplished my goal so far and not killed them off, and I'm probably gonna get some decent smoke as long as I keep taking care of them.

As always thanks for looking, any comments/suggestions are welcome!
Once you get the lst down you'll break apical dominance and cause auxins to be in the branches making it so the top of the plant is no longer the priority. They look good though.

My First Grow
Me vs. 00 Seeds Automatik Collections 600w Top Fed DTW

Week 5 Update, start of day 36 - I'm actually a day late posting cause my laptop was acting funny, or it may have been AFN's website. Pics are from yesterday and in no particular sequence but got some halfway decent side shots.WP_20180810_002.jpg WP_20180810_003.jpg WP_20180810_004.jpg WP_20180810_005.jpg WP_20180810_006.jpg WP_20180810_007.jpg WP_20180810_008.jpg

I've made a couple of changes to the set up. I've added a 300W LED with my 1200W LED as I have begun my attempt at perpetual growing. I've got too many going actually and too soon, but my logic was to get the next group of plants going in case I killed off the first one's lol. Going forward my plan is to have 2 plants started every four weeks. I think this will give me enough room in my 4 x 4 tent to tend to them and they won't be over crowded as well as able to get adequate light. After I get a couple of harvests I'll look at upgrading my lights to a setup that makes more sense; I'm thinking 2 x 800W.

With the tent closed up I'm running around 82-86 degrees F. When I'm home I usually leave a flap open and run 77-79 degrees. I hung a bag of Exhale CO2 generator to help with the slightly higher than I hoped temp. I read conflicting posts/forums, some say you don't want to be above 80 in flower, some say you are ok up to 85...so I figure the extra CO2 can't hurt and I kind of see them liking it. RH stays steady usually between 40-45%, once in a while pushes up to 50%.

Good News - they are flowering with tiny buds and started the stretch (2+ inches in the last 3 days). The bud sites seem a bit small and about a week behind other grow journals I've seen for the same strain, and youtube video's. But hey, it's the internet and I'm sure nobody lies. I'll be perfectly happy as long as I get them to harvest and it's decent smoke.

Bad News - Nutes aren't going the way I expected. To date they've had 3 feedings, the latest on Monday day 30/31 and I gave them about 1/4 to 1/3 strength of the FF week 4 schedule of all 3 bottles. On wednesday they started the claw again and have waxy appearance, but they started the stretch really nice so I'm not freaking out too bad yet and I think they will recover fine from a tad bit too much Nitrogen. I'm going to hold off until at least day 43 and try to give them a taste of tiger bloom by itself and see how they take it. I've also been giving them a taste of calmag for the last 3 waterings and the top two nodes of leaf stems are purple. So now I'm figuring out they really don't need calmag, and I read no calmag in flower, just epsom salt for mag...I think they will be ok as long as I don't give them any of this stuff for a while, and what I have given them hasn't been in large amounts, but I'm thinking I may go ahead and flush them with distilled water this weekend just to be safe.

Hopefully next week my update will be nothing but good news! As usual thanks for looking and any feedback is very much appreciated!

I don't think those Co2 bags work as they barely raise the ppm levels for Co2 plus you would need a sealed tent to really get the benefit. I've been running my plants for two weeks at 84-90f with 70-75% humidity just fine. You have find what works for your specific situation though.

My First Grow

I don't think those Co2 bags work as they barely raise the ppm levels for Co2 plus you would need a sealed tent to really get the benefit. I've been running my plants for two weeks at 84-90f with 70-75% humidity just fine. You have find what works for your specific situation though.

My First Grow
Yeah I've read that too about the sealed room to get a benefit from C02, as well as debates about how high the PPM actually needs to be for benefit. I figure for the 25 bucks I spent and won't have to fool with it for 6 months to year, if I only get a little bit of actual enhancement it could be money well spent. I wish we had an absolute reference/bible we could just look up everything, so many things you get 10 different answers on lol

plants are looking great man! your definitly getting fancier then my grows ha ha. just a little tip, you should try taking pics withought the grow lamp. really helps show the well being and color of the plant, versus that purple. :p

keep up the great work!

heres my cheese pic taken at 13 days old currently 15 days old

20180812_145232.jpg

Back