New Grower Day 1, First Grow Fast Buds Six Shooter Auto

You could probably bring your light down a bit. Congrats on the stable temp and humidity. If you intend to top, 5/6 node but if this is going to be a short indica then lst will probably suffice

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Right on man I'm wanting to go ahead and swap out the 300W I'm using for a 1200W I have, do you think it's too early? If I Fim at 5/6 will it increase my colas and yield?

If I was going to do so I would start out with the light high and work my way down. I've gotten photo inhibition before from having too much light too close and they turned this weird yellow green and pretty much stunted to the point that after two weeks they didn't progress and I scrapped them.

I've never fimmed but I personally wouldn't unless the plant would exceed my 4.5ft height limit because lst and some smart defoliation would help yields more and be less stress. You can top them though but I don't think an increased yield is a guarantee.
Right on man I'm wanting to go ahead and swap out the 300W I'm using for a 1200W I have, do you think it's too early? If I Fim at 5/6 will it increase my colas and yield?

If I was going to do so I would start out with the light high and work my way down. I've gotten photo inhibition before from having too much light too close and they turned this weird yellow green and pretty much stunted to the point that after two weeks they didn't progress and I scrapped them.

I've never fimmed but I personally wouldn't unless the plant would exceed my 4.5ft height limit because lst and some smart defoliation would help yields more and be less stress. You can top them though but I don't think an increased yield is a guarantee.

Thanks Damien,
These are supposed to be between 3 to 4.5 feet. My tent is 6.5 feet so I'm not too concerned about the height, and I'm not overly concerned about yield as I am quality bud and not killing them off lol.

I think I'll hold off another week before turning on the 1200W photon slinger which is what I've been planning anyways. I did drop my light to about 21 inches. They grew almost an inch since I took the pics about 36 hours ago. The two larger ones already have better than an inch between the first and second nodes so that was a good point to go ahead and lower them.

WP_20180727_001.jpg WP_20180727_002.jpg WP_20180727_003.jpg WP_20180727_004.jpg WP_20180727_005.jpg WP_20180727_006.jpg WP_20180727_007.jpg

Week 3 Update - Start of day 22 above soil.
Temp usually around 75 degrees, a couple of dark periods were down to 68 degrees (working on getting that higher).
RH usually around 50%
Watering all 3 every 36 hours or so, 4 ounces. On day 17 & 19 started root igniter & calmag (1ml mixed in 2 QT). Start of day 21 increased to 5 ounces and first FoxFarm Trio nutes 1/4 strength.
I've been making some adjustments to my light distance and probably caused a couple of problems. One morning when I got home from work they had stretched a bit and I didn't make an adjustment the previous day resulting in the light being less than 19 inches away. About 22 inches seems to be a sweet spot for me so I'm going to try to keep it there for a while and see how they do.

Photos are in plant sequence [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], & [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] top view and side view

Plant # 1 - Seems to be chugging along fine, by far the largest of the 3. She is about 8 inches above the top of the soil.
Plant # 2 - Seems to grow slightly smaller than [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], and there seems to be a bit of clawing going on with the leaves for the last 2-3 days. I'm not sure if it's from under watering or letting them get to close to the light. I'll be letting them wait at least 48 hours until the next watering (no nutes) and hopefully keeping the light a bit higher they will straighten up. She is 7 inches above the soil.
Plant # 3 - Continues to do it's own thing. Noticeably smaller than the other two and is only 6 inches above soil. Every 2 days or so I re-position them under the light and on Day 18 when I got home from work she had started a pretty good lean. I'm considering using some kebob sticks to straighten her up (feedback?)

I'm waiting for my vent/filter system to arrive any day, and I'm going to be swapping out the 300W LED for a 1200W LED this weekend. I've been using tap water set out for at least 24 hours so far. I ordered a test pen and PH up PH down today just to be sure.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome and thanks for looking!

Looking good man!

Yeah get that light distance dialed in. Have yet to try LEDs, but mostly heard 18-24" is a good distance with em.
If you want the stems to be a little stronger, make sure the breeze is slightly pushing them around a bit.
Not like a hurricane, just simulate some wind pretty much.

Also tested squeezing the stems regularly between my thumb and index on my previous grow.
The stems on those plants were like 3x the size of my current ones. (I did stunt my plants this round, so don't take my word for it :lol:)
It might be worth experimenting with...

Best of luck to you :greenthumb:

View attachment 935083 View attachment 935084 View attachment 935086 View attachment 935087 View attachment 935088 View attachment 935089 View attachment 935090

Week 3 Update - Start of day 22 above soil.
Temp usually around 75 degrees, a couple of dark periods were down to 68 degrees (working on getting that higher).
RH usually around 50%
Watering all 3 every 36 hours or so, 4 ounces. On day 17 & 19 started root igniter & calmag (1ml mixed in 2 QT). Start of day 21 increased to 5 ounces and first FoxFarm Trio nutes 1/4 strength.
I've been making some adjustments to my light distance and probably caused a couple of problems. One morning when I got home from work they had stretched a bit and I didn't make an adjustment the previous day resulting in the light being less than 19 inches away. About 22 inches seems to be a sweet spot for me so I'm going to try to keep it there for a while and see how they do.

Photos are in plant sequence [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], & [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] top view and side view

Plant # 1 - Seems to be chugging along fine, by far the largest of the 3. She is about 8 inches above the top of the soil.
Plant # 2 - Seems to grow slightly smaller than [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], and there seems to be a bit of clawing going on with the leaves for the last 2-3 days. I'm not sure if it's from under watering or letting them get to close to the light. I'll be letting them wait at least 48 hours until the next watering (no nutes) and hopefully keeping the light a bit higher they will straighten up. She is 7 inches above the soil.
Plant # 3 - Continues to do it's own thing. Noticeably smaller than the other two and is only 6 inches above soil. Every 2 days or so I re-position them under the light and on Day 18 when I got home from work she had started a pretty good lean. I'm considering using some kebob sticks to straighten her up (feedback?)

I'm waiting for my vent/filter system to arrive any day, and I'm going to be swapping out the 300W LED for a 1200W LED this weekend. I've been using tap water set out for at least 24 hours so far. I ordered a test pen and PH up PH down today just to be sure.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome and thanks for looking!

sweet looking healthy grow man! im jelous of your tent, wish mine had that kind of height, mines 2x2x4, i like the 2x2 but really wish it was another couple feet taller,not easy finding a 6 foot tall 2x2. but your plants are looking great! at least to my eyes. im no expert :p

Looking good man!

Yeah get that light distance dialed in. Have yet to try LEDs, but mostly heard 18-24" is a good distance with em.
If you want the stems to be a little stronger, make sure the breeze is slightly pushing them around a bit.
Not like a hurricane, just simulate some wind pretty much.

Also tested squeezing the stems regularly between my thumb and index on my previous grow.
The stems on those plants were like 3x the size of my current ones. (I did stunt my plants this round, so don't take my word for it :lol:)
It might be worth experimenting with...

Best of luck to you :greenthumb:
Right on Bixit I appreciate the input. No matter how much you read or watch youtube, it's a totally different ball game once you drop them beans and try to do it lol.

sweet looking healthy grow man! im jelous of your tent, wish mine had that kind of height, mines 2x2x4, i like the 2x2 but really wish it was another couple feet taller,not easy finding a 6 foot tall 2x2. but your plants are looking great! at least to my eyes. im no expert :p
Hey thanks Jeff! $70 bucks on Amazon, I love it. It has the room where I can hopefully do a perpetual grow of a couple plants a month. Definitely over 6 foot is the way to go if you have the grow space. You've already had a harvest bro so you're that much further to being an expert than me lol

Gorilla Grow Tents makes a 2 x 2.5 x 6 tent. It can be extended up to 7 feet tall with a 1 foot extension kit. Or up to 8 feet tall with a 2 foot extension kit. They are a bit spendy, though.

yeah io actually found out that my pants i believe are getting light burnt at least im 90 percent sure thats the problem, noticeing issues on my leaves and what not. im very suprised since im only running a vipar spectra 300 watt led thats only 136 watts at the wall. i managed to raise my light another 3 inches but its maxed for height now and now is 23 inches above my canopy. so to be safe i flushed my plant well and tomorrow ill give it a very light nute dose and some extra cal/mag. pulled the trigger and ordered myself another grow tent on mazon for 97 bucks. so ill have a 32x32x63 tent coming within a week or so. it will give me an extra 13inches of light height over what i have now. hopefully that will be good. im wondering if that would explain why my plants have always taken off growing strong but then kind of stall out and stay very short. i just planted an auto cheese seed yesterday so hopefully that plant will have better luck. my current grow is still flowering good and all but it wont probably yield what it could have. but ill see it through to the end, and move everything into larger tent when it arrives.

and if your curious i updated my link in signature to my new grow if you wanna check it out. it doesnt get much traffic but ill still keep it updated so you can check in. im going to post up a few more pics in a minute.

Back