Dankerson's Closet

IMG_0219.jpeg

@Rapha El @BII @PeaceLove&Buds hey guys! Yeah I got the cannacoco bricks, it says prewashed and buffered on their website. I might reuse the coco and re buffer it but I may just buy new coco each time cause I'm lazy. Either way I should be good to go with it. Anyone have bad luck not buffering cannacoco bricks?

In my experience Canna coco is good to go right out of the bag. I've only ever used 1 Canna brick, but should be the same. For years I've mostly been using Canna Coco (don't know whether Pro or not) right out of the bag mixed with perlite. I've never had any media-related problems. I'm using it fresh/new, charging it with a low nutrient dose (1 g/gallon 2-part MegaCrop) and do this usually without any rinsing/flushing/DTW. I've read other growers saying much the same thing about it being good to go with no prep needed.

And it seems rather well Ca, Mg, cation, etc. and pH balanced. Feeding 2-part MegaCrop with RO water, I never check, much less adjust, pH; and only some grows add cal-mag 1-2x for prevention. I don't see Ca or Mg related deficiencies (and I don't add the Ca/gypsum and epsom salts/MgSO4 as several prominent MegaCrop users have reported their regimens on AFN).

Last edited:
In my experience Canna coco is good to go right out of the bag. I've only ever used 1 Canna brick, but should be the same. For years I've mostly been using Canna Coco (don't know whether Pro or not) right out of the bag mixed with perlite. I've never had any media-related problems. I'm using it fresh/new, charging it with a low nutrient dose (1 g/gallon 2-part MegaCrop) and do this usually without any rinsing/flushing/DTW. I've read other growers saying much the same thing about it being good to go with no prep needed.

And it seems rather well Ca, Mg, cation, etc. and pH balanced. Feeding 2-part MegaCrop with RO water, I never check, much less adjust, pH; and only some grows add cal-mag 1-2x for prevention. I don't see Ca or Mg related deficiencies (and I don't add the Ca/gypsum and epsom salts/MgSO4 as other MegaCrop users on AFN report).
That's good to hear, last thing I was wanting was to make it more complicated first round. I'm sure at some point I'll rewash and buffer my coco but not right off.

I'll be using the jacks 2 part so it should be similar, I'm holding off on adding extra stuff like cal/mag, yucca, hydroguard or line cleaner unless I run into an issue that calls for it cause I'm really trying to keep it simple. Seems like the more people add the more they run into issues. So I'll stick with just the Jacks 321 + the bloom/finish on their feed schedule and ph it the correct range and go from there. Well, and some bud cand for terps at the end.

If all goes well my plan is to buy 3 more of the geopot setups and a bluelab wifi ph doser to make it ultimate hands off. Would love to be able to actually leave for a week without having to worry about plants.

@Rapha El @BII @PeaceLove&Buds hey guys! Yeah I got the cannacoco bricks, it says prewashed and buffered on their website. I might reuse the coco and re buffer it but I may just buy new coco each time cause I'm lazy. Either way I should be good to go with it. Anyone have bad luck not buffering cannacoco bricks?
I use the Canna Bricks as well and never buffer. It has worked very well as is. I just rehydrate with about 150 ppm nutrients and plant directly into the pot.

I use the Canna Bricks as well and never buffer. It has worked very well as is. I just rehydrate with about 150 ppm nutrients and plant directly into the pot.
Thanks man, I was curious about that part and you just answered it for me! Was throwing around starting in solos but would rather plant directly.

Back