Dankerson's Closet

Looking at the bags (different color themes), I've been using the Professional and likely the same thing as an unlabeled version (such as Amazon/US bags at Amazon product). I've never seen the Natural or Professional Plus versions at local (MD/DC) hydro shops.

I'm using about 25% perlite (by volume) with the Canna coco in 5 gallon grow bags, with 4 plants on AC Infinity wicking bases and several others top fed. Even at 30% perlite, the Canna coco wicks/spreads water very well throughout the bag/pot/container.

Lately because it's cheaper (such as from Amazon), I've been trying out Tupur/Royal Gold (coco with inert additives) vs. Canna coco with 25% perlite, and not seeing any difference at all for about 1.5 grows now. Next grow cycle I think I might try using 2:1 or 3:1 ratio Tupur:Canna coco (then add the perlite).

Last edited:
Looking at the bags (different color themes), I've been using the Professional and likely the same thing as an unlabeled version (such as Amazon/US bags at Amazon product). I've never seen the Natural or Professional Plus versions at local (MD/DC) hydro shops.

I'm using about 25% perlite (by volume) with the Canna coco in 5 gallon grow bags, with 4 plants on AC Infinity wicking bases and several others top fed. Even at 30% perlite, the Canna coco wicks/spreads water very well throughout the bag/pot/container.

Lately because it's cheaper (such as from Amazon), I've been trying out Tupur/Royal Gold (coco with inert additives) vs. Canna coco with 25% perlite, and not seeing any difference at all for about 1.5 grows now. Next grow cycle I think I might try using 2:1 or 3:1 ratio Tupur:Canna coco (then add the perlite).

Nice I'll have to check that out! I grabbed an air dome/base to use with my autopot so from what I understand I should be good without the perlite so we shall see. Just gotta remember to pack the base right so it wicks properly.

The Royal Gold is the only medium I’ve grown in and I love it.

The ladies are all doing well tonight, seem to be liking the higher pH. Even the DG is finally packing on some buds.
PXL_20240819_032553785.jpg
PXL_20240819_032605180.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Finally starting to round the bend on these ones, the double grape is building a little bit but unless it bulks up considerably it might just all go to the press, extremely frosty! OSMH is taking it's time, seems to be bulking up a bit. All the others are doing great and bulking up! Beary White appears to be starting to fade as well. The smell is starting to overwhelm the scrubber a bit. Ready to finish these off and get em in the cannatrol. :woohoo1:
PXL_20240823_033304553.jpg

Old School Mango Haze
PXL_20240823_033146644.jpg

Double Grape
PXL_20240823_033151653.jpg

Sundae Thumper
PXL_20240823_033217962.jpg

Beary White
PXL_20240823_033250004.jpg

Sour Stomper
PXL_20240823_033257307.jpg

Getting everything ready for the autopot run. Have about got a plan for the entire run now. Found a Bluelab wifi ph doser for cheap so I'll feel more comfortable when I have to leave for a week. Guess it'll be the ultimate test!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

That double grape looks super frosty already.
Yeah you really can't go wrong with double grape. Definitely one of my favorite strains. If you dont overdose her with nitrogen she usually grows beautifully. Here was one I did awhile back with some biobizz light mix and grow dots/recharge in a 1 gal. Got about 2oz
PXL_20230116_050652388.jpg
PXL_20230120_193936021.jpg

That beary white has a wonderful structure.
Yeah that one has been the least fussy from the start. Very easy grow and a beautiful plant so far. All I've really done is minor leaf tucking early on and then some decent defoliation when it starts to stretch to open up the bud sites.

Well desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose. Been running very low on the stash lately so I decided to chop the Sour Stomper last night. Was up pretty late but I got it finished! Forgot to get a before picture. Buds smelled amazing, a sweet grape fruity smell mostly. Seemed to be a decent amount, I knew there's no way it was over the 2.2lb limit of the cannatrol so I didn't bother weighing it. I have to chop the Sundae Thumper here soon so this will only get the dry run and I'll cure it in a grove bag or mason jar. I checked the Cannatrol this morning and everything was stabilized and working great! The water tray is only about 10% full so far.
PXL_20240826_055748727.jpg
PXL_20240826_060754537.jpg

Excited to see how this first batch in the cannatrol turns out!

Back