Lighting COB + LED ights. how much light is too much?

EvilScotsman

Eat,sleep,grow,repeat
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstockers AK420
hi troops. im currently using 1xmars600 (250t/w) LED in a 1mx1m tent for 2 dp auto ultimates in NFT. ive got another mars600 that i'll put up once they recover from topping at 4th node. ive been reading a lot of people raving about COB lights and thought i might get one of them to throw in the mix. ive never used any of this equipment before. (previous was coco/hps) im pretty sure the strain can take it tho so figure i might aswell. just bought everything brand new though and it cost me a small fortune so £200 sterling is about my limit for another light. Anyone got any reccomendations for a suitable COB? i genuinely dont know much about them and already considering a massive upgrade on my mars for next time so any opinions would be greatly appreciated. quality over quantity would be preferred. thanks in advance guys : )

Cant answer you thatbut i got 2diy led cree cob lights plus chinese bkurple and i have to keep my girls at least 65cm from cannopy,otherwise i get light stress in my 1x1x2m tent..

ahh, so good for veg but not for flower then. if like myself you only have a 1.6m high tent? also, this term "blurple" is that just another word for a standard led? see it a lot on here. im colour blind so fuck knows what colour mine are lol.

No you didn't understand me, they are good but you have to watch out to not over do it!!!

yes it means red/blue led lights...

Greetings Mr. Evil....I remember you "if it isn't Scottish it's crap.........check out cobshop.net for the most affordable flat out fantastic white light
cobs for the money. I got three AutoCobs and going for the forth soon. Buy SUNGLASSES please.:thumbsup:

I bought 5 cxb3590 cd bin, 5 passive coolers, lens, etc. basically the whole kit for $303 USD. Shipping and everything added it came out to be $359 to the states. Received tracking number the next day, only took 5 working days to ship from china to the states. Company called kingbrite on Alibaba, was really nervous ordering from China but that melted away once they sent the tracking number. Everything was packaged nicely.

I bought 5 cxb3590 cd bin, 5 passive coolers, lens, etc. basically the whole kit for $303 USD. Shipping and everything added it came out to be $359 to the states. Received tracking number the next day, only took 5 working days to ship from china to the states. Company called kingbrite on Alibaba, was really nervous ordering from China but that melted away once they sent the tracking number. Everything was packaged nicely.
That is a sweet deal. Your white light cob will rock.

How much are COBs only?
What type heatsinks? What's temperatures on them?

if its kingbrite you are good..he's legit seller..

How much are COBs only?
What type heatsinks? What's temperatures on them?
He sells them at $33 a piece, CXB3590 CD 3500k is the ones i bought. Minimum order is five, They use paypal, its secure and if you get shafted you get your money back, they sent the paypal invoice i paid and it was delivered.

Back