Best advice I can give is start a journal when u do start in the Breeder section u chose. Great way to keep track of what you’re doing and others can see if something is off they’ll help out especially if u express your a new grower. I see u chose mephisto (great choice) I have some experience with them and their section they have many great growers that love to help new growers. Also great advice by @Cali-Dream
Thanks very much @Mizzo81 thats the nicest compliment anyone has given me on AFN, hats off to you my friend, another quote I would like to share, @Mizzo81 was the first person I followed on AFN his insights and attention to details with his grows caught my eye about this network of growers here on this site. My curiosity blossomed to find other like members and find helpful advice from vast opinions that helped me be a better grower. Thanks again @Mizzo81

Thanks very much @Mizzo81 thats the nicest compliment anyone has given me on AFN, hats off to you my friend, another quote I would like to share, @Mizzo81 was the first person I followed on AFN his insights and attention to details with his grows caught my eye about this network of growers here on this site. My curiosity blossomed to find other like members and find helpful advice from vast opinions that helped me be a better grower. Thanks again @Mizzo81
Wow thanks for that compliment truly honored u feel that way. I try to post what I feel will help most and not too much bs lol.

Quantum Boards. Wiring should be easy in series. They come with heat sinks and 4x QB132's would veg and flower perfectly in the 4x2x5. Then you're going to get more coverage over the canopy because the light isn't so focused like cobshop/rapidled style fixtures. Even at 40 watts per square foot you would-be

If not quantum boards then I would suggest Bridgelux EB2 lights.

http://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

Go down to your tent size, bridgelux build and choose between 1ft or 2ft strips. I just got done building his 4ft 4x4 build for 480 watts. It wasn't hard to do and the wiring was easy. It was tedious but for how much I spent I feel it was worth it for the canopy coverage I'll be getting.

Best advice I can give is start a journal when u do start in the Breeder section u chose. Great way to keep track of what you’re doing and others can see if something is off they’ll help out especially if u express your a new grower. I see u chose mephisto (great choice) I have some experience with them and their section they have many great growers that love to help new growers. Also great advice by @Cali-Dream
Thank you for the input @Mizzo81 i definitely will keep up with it as much as possible. Ive found mephisto has almost a cult following on the forum and social media, their strains are all great crosses. the fastasmo express sold me. i smoked ghost train haze in denver and it was hand down the dopest dope Ive ever smoked haha

Quantum Boards. Wiring should be easy in series. They come with heat sinks and 4x QB132's would veg and flower perfectly in the 4x2x5. Then you're going to get more coverage over the canopy because the light isn't so focused like cobshop/rapidled style fixtures. Even at 40 watts per square foot you would-be

If not quantum boards then I would suggest Bridgelux EB2 lights.

http://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

Go down to your tent size, bridgelux build and choose between 1ft or 2ft strips. I just got done building his 4ft 4x4 build for 480 watts. It wasn't hard to do and the wiring was easy. It was tedious but for how much I spent I feel it was worth it for the canopy coverage I'll be getting.
Sweet thanks man! ive seen a lot about quantum boards also, they definitey seem like the new new, if you dont mind me asking how much the 480 watt took you to build and how long? im tinkering more with the idea of breaking out the old soldering iron and giving it a go atleast on a smaller one.

Sweet thanks man! ive seen a lot about quantum boards also, they definitey seem like the new new, if you dont mind me asking how much the 480 watt took you to build and how long? im tinkering more with the idea of breaking out the old soldering iron and giving it a go atleast on a smaller one.
No soldering required

$10 solid core 14g AWG wire x 100ft
$180 Bridgelux EB2 44" 3000k strips $14.14 a piece
$170 HLG 480h 42a driver
$7 12ft 3 prong extension cord
$9 IP67 cable connector
$16 25pk 5 way wagos
$60 aluminum for frame
$9 4pc ratchet hangers

$463 for 480 watts

I spent 4-5 hours but mostly in the frame. The wiring was maybe an hour or so because I broke some the connectors in the light because the solid core was so rigid

CobsCocoDTWMxPScrog Watch Me Mess Up

No soldering required

$10 solid core 14g AWG wire x 100ft
$180 Bridgelux EB2 44" 3000k strips $14.14 a piece
$170 HLG 480h 42a driver
$7 12ft 3 prong extension cord
$9 IP67 cable connector
$16 25pk 5 way wagos
$60 aluminum for frame
$9 4pc ratchet hangers

$463 for 480 watts

I spent 4-5 hours but mostly in the frame. The wiring was maybe an hour or so because I broke some the connectors in the light because the solid core was so rigid

CobsCocoDTWMxPScrog Watch Me Mess Up
awesome im gonna have to dive into the the DIY scene more before i decide fully but thats pretty cheap dollar/watt wise

Yea I suggest DIY, you get more bang for your buck. I'm not electrically inclined either bro but I built 3 light bars with 3 cobs each in no time and with 0 issues. I didn't have to solder anything either. There are many solderless options on the market. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you some sites I used for parts when building my lights.

Yea I suggest DIY, you get more bang for your buck. I'm not electrically inclined either bro but I built 3 light bars with 3 cobs each in no time and with 0 issues. I didn't have to solder anything either. There are many solderless options on the market. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you some sites I used for parts when building my lights.
10-4 will do

If you had more than 5’ I’d vote single cob fixtures all day long. Just for plug and play ability and they can definitely get to 2gpw once your environment is sorted ( in DWC). But with a short tent of that size I’d vote cheap and easy DIY QB132s. You can easily build a 300 watt for $225-250. And since it’s only 3” thick you can run that thing right up to the top.
I keep my LEDs tight to the plants and the plants stay short. Most of my plants are well under 2’ and I run good sized strains. Even with the DWC I’m still under 4’. And consistently bang out 5 zips per. You could run a fixture like this at 200w and kill it in the 2by4. The plant in the corner is finished stretching and the light is still below 5’. That light is COB
0A85A221-4152-4D96-B5E3-7852E56CD7E4.jpeg
B222681D-49DA-4509-9935-3969BDDBCA33.jpeg
A01D3CE4-3143-4E07-A973-2134BD50A04E.jpeg

Unless I totally screw that plant up in flower she will hit 5 with ease. She’s just starting to build flower.
300 watts of guaranteed flowering goodness for $250. And no soldering, if you can hold a drill and tighten a bolt you can make these. Tutorials everywhere
:pass::vibes:

Back