Bomb Seeds Bomb Seeds - Berry Bomb

Yeah, different plants need different feeds. You in coco or soil? In soil 6.1 is good, sometimes in flower a tad higher. Coco i dont know. But you should adjust according to what the plant tells you. @budelee has grown a lot of the bombs. Can you help ?

Hey whats up guys?? It seems tou are having a bit of issue..i cruised your journal and it looks like a few didferwnt things are going on...we need to start working the issues ASAP but need to break it down and come up with a routine thats easy to follow and use every time...lets first start wirh the feed..i see you have different plants at different stages,what are tou feeding,how much,whats the ppm and the pH...how often: i see you say you were letting the coco dry out,thats a big no-no,feed way more as oposed to less,never use straight water when using coco,always guve a nutrient feed/watering(again more often is better)..i keep the pH at 5.9, but i do flucuate in either direction slightly..let me know what types of feed/nutes you are using...just for comparison,i use GH maxi bloom powder from start to finish,in different ratios based on the stage of the plant,the ppm varies from around 400 at rhe start to around 1200 at the peak of flowering,all plants are usually the same age but using the Lucas ratio makes feeding a breeze,one bag,start to finish,i do add a few extras in like cal mag and silica because in in coco,later ill add some bloom boosters,im ramblin now,so get me some info and well ( try to) get ya sorted...

Hey whats up guys?? It seems tou are having a bit of issue..i cruised your journal and it looks like a few didferwnt things are going on...we need to start working the issues ASAP but need to break it down and come up with a routine thats easy to follow and use every time...lets first start wirh the feed..i see you have different plants at different stages,what are tou feeding,how much,whats the ppm and the pH...how often: i see you say you were letting the coco dry out,thats a big no-no,feed way more as oposed to less,never use straight water when using coco,always guve a nutrient feed/watering(again more often is better)..i keep the pH at 5.9, but i do flucuate in either direction slightly..let me know what types of feed/nutes you are using...just for comparison,i use GH maxi bloom powder from start to finish,in different ratios based on the stage of the plant,the ppm varies from around 400 at rhe start to around 1200 at the peak of flowering,all plants are usually the same age but using the Lucas ratio makes feeding a breeze,one bag,start to finish,i do add a few extras in like cal mag and silica because in in coco,later ill add some bloom boosters,im ramblin now,so get me some info and well ( try to) get ya sorted...
right on @budelee ! I really appreciate your quick responses! I know it's tough to catch everything when breezing the thread.
I'm using the GH 3 part this run. All of my experience previously has been with the MaxiBloom dry 1 part lucas and I can't wait to get back to it. You're bang on with the simplicity.

I'm feeding daily. My erroneous 'allowing the coco to dry' was in the past and I've learned. I'm watering the 4 blue autos (2 blue dream, 2 berry bomb) daily, they've got about 3 gallons of ~75/25 coco/perlite in 5gallon bags because I'm clever like that(?). The Candy Cane in the middle is in a 3Gallon pot with 3gallons of the same coco/perlite and she's demading 2x daily waterings.

My feeding is typically light, 1/4-1/2 strength feed, that's the fraction of GH feedchart recommendations so I'll mix 4L of feed then add 4 or 12 more L of water, then full strength cali-max (1mL/L before adding the Micro), 1mL/L concentrated floralicious plus, 2.5mL/L koolBloom(I will match this to the strength of base nutes) then I add about 5-8mL Liquid Gold per 4L water that I'm adding. I pH to 5.8 religiously. My feed is generally in the 600-800ppm range @.5 scale.

The Candy Cane I've been giving full strength feed fairly regularly, just got them lightly burned tips and this morning I gave the berries a full strength feeding at 1000ppm.

I've been reluctant to feed too strong because I noticed a bit of build-up. My runoff was ~1600ppm with 600ppm going in and 5.6pH with 5.9 going in. The candy cane was never showing this same build-up so I wasn't concerned about it so much. My runoff from the watering this morning was still @ 1200ppm with 1000 going in so I think I need to give them another, bigger flush (3 gallons of low low ppm water rather than just 1) to get it down the rest of the way. I have to say, since flushing to get the runnoff down, I have seen a very good improvement in the girls. I just got that purple starting to show in the tips of the calyx's of the 2 #2's yesterday.

My question was more on the maturity of the #2's and whether or not feeding boosters will actually increase their size much at this point based on visual queues. I am trying to get a handle on what feed/additives will do what and at what times.

The 'rinsing' or low feed waterings that coco demand to keep the build-up from happening is still something that I suspect I'm struggling with. Perhaps you're suggesting that if I just feed more regularly then that alone may help avoid the build-up? I've been led to believe that may be the case, maybe I'm just being over-cautious?

One of my blue dreams is having issues. It looks like Ca deficiency but I don't know why. I've been using Cali-Max at recommended strength, 1mL/L. Would it be locked out somehow? Should I give it more? The plant has been swelling and looks otherwise healthy and I don't want to lose that.
DSC_0490.JPG

Last edited:
Damn dude, that's exactly what I was coming to ask, I've got these Cree COBs and this plant was pretty close and the affected leaves were nearer the top as you can see. They're full spectrum 3500k lights. Could they have caused this? I moved her last night to get her some space. I sure hope that's what it is. I should've thought of that sooner.

Oh yes! How close were they?

And what light?

I made it, is't 4 72v cxb3590's running off of salvaged Mars Hydro power supplies. That Blue Dream pushed its way right up into one of the COBs and I was watching for bleaching rather than anything else which I guess could've been the problem. The leaves showing the deficiency were probably 6" from the COB.
I gave it a good flush then 1/2 strength feeding this morning. Hopefully it'll be fine. I'm much less concerned now that I've given it a shift away from the light. The problem is that my canopy is completely uneven. I don't know if you can tell from the pics but I've got 2 stands, side by side so I think I'll raise one of them and put the 3 shorties on it to even things out, then raise the light some.

I'm in love with the progress of my #2's. I submitted the Bomb in the ugliest girls contest because it looked so sad with its 2 mains and no bud but it, along with the Dream [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] look like the same pheno of the same strain and they're both frosty and building like crazy. I have no idea how much time they've got left but I'm so excited. I hope the smoke is different between the 2 and the looks are the only similarities. The Dream leaves are thinner than the Berry Bomb leaves too but the shape, colour and bud development are all identical. Blueberry is CLEARLY a beautiful strain. Smells great too! :)

I keep mine 24 inches away. I have a converted mh with 2 cobs. Do what you can for distance!

Back