Bomb Seeds Bomb Seeds - Berry Bomb

Autos can take feed, just have to go slow. I grew crop king first myself. I found candy to be more sensitive than early miss to nutes. Both were nice plants and i will try them again. I fed until I started seeing burnt tips.

Good to hear! I ran the Northern Lights first and they took everything I threw at it! The Candy Cane definitely let me know it wanted less food but it grew so much mass regardless.

My goal was to have these ready for Christmas but I missed the mark for a few reasons. Maybe next year I'll have done some better planning.

I read around here about "Christmas Bud" that used to show up in some states around the holidays. I was wondering if the Candy Cane might be a potential suspect? One of the first 2 I grew was VERY red hair-y. I heat stressed both of them pretty bad in the summer so I don't think they had a chance to become the Christmas Tree shape but damn if it isn't my favorite buzz of anything I've grown. Very motivating and not much of a crash/burn out. I'm really looking forward to this one finishing. It's already showing a lot more leaf:bud than I'll appreciate come harvest but it's stacking like crazy and I can't wait to see where it gets to. Hopefully some good frost on top of it all.

Yeah, candy can get big! I had to chop mine early so i didn't get to see the best of finish. Looking forward to seeing how yiurs turns out.

Different strains will need different feed strengths. Im struggling with this myself.

It's a bitch eh? Part of learning. I figure if I'm gonna dedicate a few months to growing out a crop then I want some variety in it, but then they all have individual needs that throw you for a loop. This is why I was initially so interested in the Lucas Method when I started. You're mixing the same feed through veg and bloom and then just adjusting the additives and feed from there if you need to. This is my first run without going Lucas and truthfully, I don't know if I'll keep doing it this way. I would really prefer to have ~50gallons of base nutes bubbling then take what I need from there to customize each plants feeding.

I understand! Im trying to go organic, but its a learning curve. Sometimes not as bulky since its new to me, but im only after quality. Don't need alot!

Quite a few use single nutes the whole grow. Its what we get comfortable with.

Week 12!

So I've been out of town for a few days. I had given them a good drench on the 25th and prepped 4 gallons of ph'd low nute water bubbling to keep 'em wet while I was gone. Well my drip system wasn't up to it so I had to get a friend to come and water manually for me. I figured if he came in on Tuesday, mid-day, they shouldn't be in too bad of shape but they're in flower so they're drinking plenty. So buddy came over and ph'd the water back down to 5.9 and watered all 5 girls. I was home the following night and found an entire branch of my candy cane dead. I watered and fed everything thoroughly, they were all pretty dry but none of them looked too bad, except the Candy Cane.
I don't really understand how 1 branch off the main stem (3 tops) could all die like that while the rest of the plant seems fine. It was the back facing side of the plant so my best guesses are that he didn't stir the pH down in well enough resulting in a dramatically acidic watering (I don't know that this would even be possible?) or he didn't turn the plant and water the back, resulting in some of the roots dying which fed that part of the plant specifically?
Regardless, I've lost a chunk of this plant. I'm hoping that chopping this main branch was the right thing to do and won't shock the plant too badly. I figured it was better than keeping the death on there. Is there anything I could have done to salvage those flowers? It seems hard to believe that they could go that dead so fast and not be salvageable.
Here's how she looked last night after water/feeding.
Bad Side:
Candy-Cane-dead-side.jpg

Good Side:
Candy-Cane-good-side.jpg

A little bit of deficiency in there from feeding too lightly. Fed at 3/4 strength yesterday and probably will again today.

With that exception and evidence that my thrips have returned AGAIN (or are re-surging and I've failed to kill them as completely as I thought), everything else looks pretty good. Lots of frost coming in. Certainly not the size I'd been hoping to see but it's something. One of the blue dreams really shot up in height. You can see it at the front right of the group shot. Blue Dream [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is completely covered by her in the group shots.
So here's the group shot:
GroupHorror.jpg

(sorry, didn't realize it was so blurry)

Here's Berry Bomb [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]:
She was nice and bushy so I took a pic then gave her a little trim.
berry-bomb-1-Week12.jpg

berry-bomb-1-Week12a.jpg

Some slight deficiency showing in these leaves as well.

Berry Bomb [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]:
berry-bomb-2-Week12.jpg

Blue Dream [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]: She's so tall I had to go portrait!
blue-dream-1-Week12.jpg

blue-dream-1-Week12a.jpg

Blue Dream [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]:
blue-dream-2-Week12.jpg

blue-dream-2-Week12a.jpg

That just sux about candy! I have no idea but chopping that off shouldn't hurt much.

The underside of one of the Blue Dream leaves. She's pretty purple. Hasn't been cool really either, this is just her colour I suppose.
DSC_0388_new.jpg

Blue Dream is a nice strain!

Hi! A little late this week but it's been a good one, thanks for stopping in.
It's funny, one of my blue dreams and one of my berry bombs look like they could be siblings (both #2's in the pics below), dark green, super frosty, very berry smelling. Then my other Blue Dream and Berry Bomb are nothing like each other or their sisters. I'm thinking I've got mostly what I was hoping for coming out here, diversity. The plants that are so similar looking I'm assuming are showing the blueberry traits but I'm really curious to experience the difference in the smoke.
The candy cane hasn't seemed to be developing a lot this week but I think maybe it's just swelling up now. Everything else seems to be moving along nicely.
After seeing how acidic and hot the runoff was from my berry family, I decided to start running more regular cycles of non-feed waterings and I also did a florakleen watering. I checked some runoff today and the pH is back up into the 5.7 area which I thought was good but I'm hearing some people saying that they pH their water to 6.1+. This seems a little high to me from what I've learned, any opinions or thoughts out there? The runoff was still pretty hot, 1160 ppms which isn't necessarily hot for a feed but when I was putting in at 600 I think that's a bad sign. Any opinions on that? Do you measure your run-off regularly? What indicators do you look at to tell if you can feed heavier or water more?
I like the lightly burned tips @Dudeski mentioned, I've got the Candy Cane right there. I've been holding back a bit on the rest because of the run-off and the few issues I've noticed through the run. I don't want to shock them or burn them or end up with a build-up issue either. Well lets look at some pics, I've got a couple of questions still that maybe you'd be kind enough to chime in and share your 2 cents?

Berry Bomb [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
DSC_0433.JPG

Berry Bomb [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]: That frost!
DSC_0399.JPG

DSC_0410.JPG

DSC_0411.JPG

DSC_0413.JPG

DSC_0415.JPG

DSC_0417.JPG

Blue Dream [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
DSC_0402.JPG

DSC_0429.JPG

Blue Dream [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]
DSC_0396.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

DSC_0422.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

You can see that the two darker, frostier [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] plants look to be far more mature than the [HASHTAG]#1s[/HASHTAG]. I've kinda loosely associated frostiness with doneness but I don't think that's necessarily true is it? The calyxes seem to be starting to swell a little in these [HASHTAG]#2s[/HASHTAG], do you suppose I can continue to give them the heavy bloom booster treatment and expect to get more size from it or is it too late? Is the swelling calyxes an indicator of ripening? It's not too easy to tell in the pics but even the biggest looking buds in the pics are not nearly filled in enough and are quite undergrown still so I'm hoping I can get them to grow larger before I have to try to flush a plant that's done growing.
I've been feeding all of these girls the same thing and I think that's maybe a bit of a problem too since they're at such different stages of development. How does your feeding regimen fluctuate through flowering? Do you keep your feeding the same the whole way through flower or do you adjust it as it goes? Are there indicators that trigger your changes? If you look at my #1's they're also at kinda different stages, or different parts of the same stage perhaps? Blue Dream [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] has really got her stretch on and filled in so much this week, it's pretty remarkable. She seems like she's about to start really growing some buds. Whereas Berry Bomb [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] is showing some flowers, they seem to have really just started to show up this prominently so she seems closer to the start of really flowering. She's very bushy though and looks like she should produce a lot more than her sister.

That's all I've got for now. I'll try to get the next update up on time, close to Wednesday

Back