New Grower Blue Cheese in Coco: First personal grow in 10 years and first ever autoflowers

Nice but formation... hehe, but... Your in the home stretch buddy.
But why would you want to deprive your plants of nutrition the last 14 days of their lives?
That's when the most Canabinoids are produced. Senescence will happen with or without that final torture.

Haha :D I actually thought about this since I posted as well. Usually by this point of flowering in soil the fan leaves would be starting that process, I'm thinking of grabbing a p/k booster to run for 5 days or a week and cut the Maxibloom dosage down and in turn the nitrogen level. Hopefully this will start the senescence process and I can flush into the harvest window. I will still have a period of water only, its not as much about depriving the plant of nutrients as allowing it to use up the mobile nutrients stored in the tissue. I may still add a touch of calmag since I am using RO water and calcium isn't a mobile nutrient.

Haha :D I actually thought about this since I posted as well. Usually by this point of flowering in soil the fan leaves would be starting that process, I'm thinking of grabbing a p/k booster to run for 5 days or a week and cut the Maxibloom dosage down and in turn the nitrogen level. Hopefully this will start the senescence process and I can flush into the harvest window. I will still have a period of water only, its not as much about depriving the plant of nutrients as allowing it to use up the mobile nutrients stored in the tissue. I may still add a touch of calmag since I am using RO water and calcium isn't a mobile nutrient.
Everybody has his/her own way of doing things. I'm still learning, but one could say I'm learning from the best... All my Growbuddies here on AFN. ie, @pop22
And although there are two schools of thought about 'flushing' a plant. My common sense tells me that depriving your plants of nutrition and letting it use up what's left behind in the leaves (which is not the same stuff as in your medium*) will be not as beneficial as providing it with more of the right building blocks it needs for making Cannabinoids, Paraffins and Terpenes.

Let me explain the *: When senescence begins in the leaves the plant will uptake nitrogen and in return put waste into the them. This kills of some or all Chlorophyll which gives other substances (ie, carotenoïde = red color) the chance to reflect sunlight and so the color of the leave changes.
All this happens because of hormonal changes in the plant (ie, Ethylene = promotes senescence in leaves ánd the formation of female flowers ) and sadly enough not the fact that one is depriving the plant of all nutrients by giving it plain water or even worse RO or demineralized water. Both are defunct of minerals and will in fact compete with the roots for the remaining minerals (ie, Calcium and Magnesium) in the medium.
Take a look at this thread. Pop explains it so much better then I ever can :thumbsup:

Sorry for my rambling, but there is so much disinformation out there. I see that you are on your way for a great harvest. And just wanted to provide you my perspective one it.

I'm still subbed on your thread and am in the front row watching :pop:

Regards,

B

Last edited:
Everybody has his/her own way of doing things. I'm still learning, but one could say I'm learning from the best... All my Growbuddies here on AFN. ie, @pop22
And although there are two schools of thought about 'flushing' a plant. My common sense tells me that depriving your plants of nutrition and letting it use up what's left behind in the leaves (which is not the same stuff as in your medium*) will be not as beneficial as providing it with more of the right building blocks it needs for making Cannabinoids, Paraffins and Terpenes.

Let me explain the *: When senescence begins in the leaves the plant will uptake nitrogen and in return put waste into the them. This kills of some or all Chlorophyll which gives other substances (ie, carotenoïde = red color) the chance to reflect sunlight and so the color of the leave changes.
All this happens because of hormonal changes in the plant (ie, Ethylene = promotes senescence in leaves ánd the formation of female flowers ) and sadly enough not the fact that one is depriving the plant of all nutrients by giving it plain water or even worse RO or demineralized water. Both are defunct of minerals and will in fact compete with the roots for the remaining minerals (ie, Calcium and Magnesium) in the medium.
Take a look at this thread. Pop explains it so much better then I ever can :thumbsup:

Sorry for my rambling, but there is so much disinformation out there. I see that you are on your way for a great harvest. And just wanted to provide you my perspective one it.

I'm still subbed on your thread and am in the front row watching :pop:

Regards,

B

I'll check out that thread now for sure! I have a decent bit of experience, but the knowledge base has come such a long way in the last decade!

A few day 74 shots. It looks like a lot of the calyxes are turning purple as they swell, and the thrichs are building up nicely. I did add a PK booster yesterday which already seems to be working. I also decreased the humidity for the final weeks of flower to ensure no issues with this tight canopy.

All the best!
G

20210330_221112.jpg
20210330_221306.jpg

Day 77! The smell in the tent is great, and I have a plan for drying with our super low rh here in the desert. There is a bit of foxtailing going on since I ran out of room and there is a good bit of light power in the tent. That being said at least in plant one the foxtailing is happening lower as well. I don't mind it to be honest I used to live growing taily sativas.

Next run I will invest in a light meter for sure, I did not expect the LEDs to be so powerful! My Temps are fine at 75-77F and the RH is around 40% for the end of flowering. I expect to harvest between day 87 and 91 which will be around week 13 from seed, that could change though.

All the best,
Geoff

20210402_182512.jpg
20210402_182311.jpg

Very nice! 10 years, eh? Just like riding a bike for you!

All caught up. Great journal. Great results :hump:

Frank

Real nice job dude and real nice thread. Good info for others. I'll stick around to hear how that blue cheese goes down when you light her up :smoking: a pack of em came free with my tent. Is the smell powerful like a cheese or less penetrative like a blueberry?

Back