Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Any recommendations on where to pick up the airpots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m lucky that my local shop has them cheaper than online and I don’t have to pay shipping. Not sure where the best spot is online. Sorry

Thanks for the detailed explanation BigSm0! It definitely helped me decide on a choice of pot. I will definitely be going with the airpots.

Also, my Autocob just arrived so all need now is a pot!!! what do you recommend for airpot size when growing 1 auto?
Excellent. I usually use 7 gallon air pots based on numerous grows with 3’s and 5’s. A lot of people think it’s a waste of soil but I have never had a 5 gallon pot grow a bigger plant than a 7 gallon. I also saw that the 7’s lasted around 1/2 a day longer before the plants dried up the soil over the 5 gallon. If it’s your first grow I’d go with a 5 gallon and raise the bottom up a little. If you want a bigger pot in the future you could always lower it down. I am now doing 50% coco and 50% soil so I did drop to 5’s.

I’m lucky that my local shop has them cheaper than online and I don’t have to pay shipping. Not sure where the best spot is online. Sorry

No worries. My local brick and mortar has them as well but theyre a bit overpriced there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shall be curious how the 50/50 coco/soil will turn out.
I have used coco mix in the past. 33% promix, 33% perlite, 33% coco but never 50/50. Hopefully it works out well. Ideal Ph between the two are different so I think 6.0 should be safe. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions. I don’t like adding ph up or down. Even with the nectar from the gods, 10% calcium. The light feedings of megacrop have kept me fairly stable around 6.2.

Got a nice package in the mail today.
:cooldance::cooldance::cooldance:

Have to get my photo game on again here shortly.
FC149FF5-116F-464F-9373-DD76A291AD72.jpeg

I have used coco mix in the past. 33% promix, 33% perlite, 33% coco but never 50/50. Hopefully it works out well. Ideal Ph between the two are different so I think 6.0 should be safe. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions. I don’t like adding ph up or down. Even with the nectar from the gods, 10% calcium. The light feedings of megacrop have kept me fairly stable around 6.2.

That is a mix I'm using now after some trials with soil and coco. I like mixing HP Pro with Coco better than all coco/perlite. Easier to manage pH. I think its more forgiving. I also cheated and added in a bit of worm casting and biochar. With the greenleaf mega crop nutes things are stable around pH 6.3 so I don't have to up/down. I like that a lot. But I still check pH every batch.

Back