Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

This is what a grow room should look like not a industrial grow factory for profit.very nice setup

OCD at its finest. Few years ago there wasn’t anything here but an oak tree. Built for growing. Now that I’m empty I can finally get some good shots of the grow space up. I did move a few AutoCobs to the side with the babies. I am making some big changes for this coming grow.

View attachment 892593

View attachment 892596

View attachment 892597

No the microwave isn’t for hot pockets lol. It’s to warm the water to make it easier while mixing the Megacrop that is in the black bucket, greenleaf supplements are in the taped up mason jars on the far right. Thanks @Dabber I had brain lock dealing with cold water when mixing.

The reservoir looks more complicated than it is. Cold water in from outside. 150’ of underground line I ran a few years back. I also put a t- fitting on the water coming in. I can fill the reservoir or a jug of fresh water for my coffee pot lol. Some air stones and lines to the picture below.
View attachment 892594

Secondary res, blumat and hand watering lines from the bottom. 1/2” in and 3/4” return so the pump can run on its own without overflowing.
View attachment 892595

Hope everyone enjoys.
What type of pots are those (not the smart/fabric pots)? Do you prefer those over the smart pots?

What type of pots are those (not the smart/fabric pots)? Do you prefer those over the smart pots?

Air pots. I do like them much better than fabric. Ridgid pots that last forever and clean easily with a garden hose. Everything I do I try to take the long term benefits into consideration. Air pots last forever and don’t require driving to a laundry mat so you can ruin someone else’s washing machine lol. The best way to clean them is to spray with h2o2 and a little dish soap, let them sit for an hour and just hose off. Fabric pots don’t have holes for plant ties and I try to train as much as possible . Thanks to dabber he recommended a hole punch for fabric pots but it’s still not like the holes in these. The other thing I like is that tllhey are ridgid. Fabric pots are to floppy and just look terrible. One huge advantage is the base is adjustable which leaves an air gap between the bottom of the air pot and the floor. With fabric you need some sort of spacer in between. You can also adjust the base up or down to shrink the size of the pot.

Fabric pots cost between 3-8 dollars each and air pots cost between 10-18 dollars each.

Hope it helps.

Any recommendations on where to pick up the airpots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air pots. I do like them much better than fabric. Ridgid pots that last forever and clean easily with a garden hose. Everything I do I try to take the long term benefits into consideration. Air pots last forever and don’t require driving to a laundry mat so you can ruin someone else’s washing machine lol. The best way to clean them is to spray with h2o2 and a little dish soap, let them sit for an hour and just hose off. Fabric pots don’t have holes for plant ties and I try to train as much as possible . Thanks to dabber he recommended a hole punch for fabric pots but it’s still not like the holes in these. The other thing I like is that tllhey are ridgid. Fabric pots are to floppy and just look terrible. One huge advantage is the base is adjustable which leaves an air gap between the bottom of the air pot and the floor. With fabric you need some sort of spacer in between. You can also adjust the base up or down to shrink the size of the pot.

Fabric pots cost between 3-8 dollars each and air pots cost between 10-18 dollars each.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the detailed explanation BigSm0! It definitely helped me decide on a choice of pot. I will definitely be going with the airpots.

Also, my Autocob just arrived so all need now is a pot!!! what do you recommend for airpot size when growing 1 auto?

Last edited:
Back