Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

@BigSm0 am I correct in thinking I could get a COB light and just grow a plant under it without the need for a tent while I get everything else sorted?

No need for a tent really at all. It helps contain smell if you run a filter but that’s about it. A place to hand AutoCobs lol. I’m not the best salesman, the reason is I don’t mind if you buy another’s light as long as it’s a good value. From personal experience I see the citizen version 6, 3500k 90 cri cob to be the best cob for growing. I do talk a lot about efficiency and things but what it really boils down to is a combo of spectrum and efficiency. It could give 10x the light of another but if it doesn’t grow well it’s useless.

Enough playing, time to build some lights :smoking:

57F7DCB7-FFF0-48C2-ABA0-EED35FBD92D5.jpeg

72D3769D-8E15-4752-9E7A-525BE72441F8.jpeg

No need for a tent really at all. It helps contain smell if you run a filter but that’s about it. A place to hand AutoCobs lol. I’m not the best salesman, the reason is I don’t mind if you buy another’s light as long as it’s a good value. From personal experience I see the citizen version 6, 3500k 90 cri cob to be the best cob for growing. I do talk a lot about efficiency and things but what it really boils down to is a combo of spectrum and efficiency. It could give 10x the light of another but if it doesn’t grow well it’s useless.
Would you mind if I sent you a PM with a link to the light I have my eye on for your opinion on it?

Would you mind if I sent you a PM with a link to the light I have my eye on for your opinion on it?
I actually wish more people did this. If the AutoCobs aren’t your thing and you have another light in mind but don’t want to learn all the techy stuff please ask away. Nothing worse than spending hard earned money on a pile of garbage. There are plenty of good lights out there, there are also 100x more terrible lights out there. I will be as unbiased as possible. If it sucks I’ll tell you, if it’s good I’ll tell you that too.

What size tent and how many cobs are you running?

2x4x5.. I have 4 Autocobs. I try to run a perpetual grow. I try to run 3 plants about 30-days apart...one side of tent has 2 about 12" apart, the mature plant gets basically 2 lights..the other two lights are spread out for seedling and young ones...I love the fact I can adjust these individually , depending on age of plant , raise or lower as I see fit from what the plant is telling me.

2x4x5.. I have 4 Autocobs. I try to run a perpetual grow. I try to run 3 plants about 30-days apart...one side of tent has 2 about 12" apart, the mature plant gets basically 2 lights..the other two lights are spread out for seedling and young ones...I love the fact I can adjust these individually , depending on age of plant , raise or lower as I see fit from what the plant is telling me.

Ohhh perpetual. I still have never gotten the timing down perfectly. The plants seem to always go longer or shorter really screwing things up. I’d suggest going a little longer then what you think the half way point is unless you have plenty of space to hold the extra pots.

Back