Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Bro science or is it science bro. Its more like trial and error, testing, and more testing. When you invest 60-80 days, water, nutrients, soil, electricity, and most importantly your time it’s a relief knowing that one of the biggest aspects of your yield is under full control.
4A8F1DE8-CA3C-45B8-9012-3D6B4DDA42CA.jpeg

Bro science or is it science bro. Its more like trial and error, testing, and more testing. When you invest 60-80 days, water, nutrients, soil, electricity, and most importantly your time it’s a relief knowing that one of the biggest aspects of your yield is under full control. View attachment 866153

Looking pretty dang awesome

[
for pests on your plants I've been testing an idea for months now and it works very well. Make a 50/50 mix of 70% iso alcohol and water, its cheaper than buying the 35% iso... spray the plants well every over day for 2 weeks. Won't be a bug on the plants and they can't build resistance, the alcohol dehrdrates them and it evaporates fast enough it does no harm to your plants. I've now got 2 of the three tents mite free and the third is being treated for a couple more weeks, my poor ducksfoot had them bad, the big one was almost dead, now she's greening up again.
Pest in soil can be a real pain in the ass. The root drench should help.

QUOTE="BigSm0, post: 1712235, member: 33225"]Looks like I have these damn aphids again. Or maybe I never got rid of them the first time. I was talking to a friend who said that the gorilla glue was very hardy and pest resistant. Now I’m wondering if the reason the AutoGorilla does so well for me is based on this.

There are a few options and wondering if anyone has any input. My first thought was to buy lady bugs which should slow them down. While also doing a Pyganic root drench.

The other option is nematodes and a foiar spray of SNS-203. (Not sure if this is safe for flowering)

Since these bastards crawl up the pant I think both foliage and root attacks combined would do best.

@Waira @pop22[/QUOTE]

Ohhh @pop22 i have read a ton on this lately but ever had the balls to try it lol. One think I did read is adding iso to the roots will severely damage the plants. 5% will hurt the plant and 25% will kill it. This means that you just top spray and do so lightly so no runoff ends up on the soil?

I've sprayed some plants daily for a week. I spray ALL
my plants once a week and will continue to do so ytill I'l sure IU'll not see another mite. The pic with the big plants, that tent was infected last grow. I've not seen a one in there this grow. I spray the tent after washing it between grows. I use a rag soaked with the alcohol and wipe the entire frame completely. I've not had any issues from doing this. If your worried, cover the grow medium while spraying. I don't, in fact, i hit the soil surface lighty, kkill them little bastards where ever they are!

here's my recovering ducks, and the healthy plants I sprayed this morning

ducksfoots pic1 -2-18-2018.jpg
Indica 639 pic1 -2-18-2018.jpg
Blue Dragons pic2 -2-18-2018.jpg

Ohhh @pop22 i have read a ton on this lately but ever had the balls to try it lol. One think I did read is adding iso to the roots will severely damage the plants. 5% will hurt the plant and 25% will kill it. This means that you just top spray and do so lightly so no runoff ends up on the soil?

Thanks @pop22 the spray went well. I did a few leaves with the lights on and no issues at all. So I later went ahead and did the whole plant. Gearing up for a neem root drench and some more iso spraying.

Something that I have always struggled with is looking through those damn jewelers loupes. How do you hold that to your eye while keeping the other closed and put your face in the pot? Well tonight I made it easy, now I do have those cheap ones that stick on your phone but the new way is even easier. I turned my phone flashlight on, put it to video and held the loupe right to the phone camera and stuck it in the dirt. Zoomed in and out with ease. Then moved some soil around and waited a few. Afterwards just went back and watched the video. I can’t believe how simple this is now. :face:

I've sprayed some plants daily for a week. I spray ALL
my plants once a week and will continue to do so ytill I'l sure IU'll not see another mite. The pic with the big plants, that tent was infected last grow. I've not seen a one in there this grow. I spray the tent after washing it between grows. I use a rag soaked with the alcohol and wipe the entire frame completely. I've not had any issues from doing this. If your worried, cover the grow medium while spraying. I don't, in fact, i hit the soil surface lighty, kkill them little bastards where ever they are!

here's my recovering ducks, and the healthy plants I sprayed this morning

View attachment 866360 View attachment 866361 View attachment 866362
Is it safe o use neem when you hit flower? @pop22

You can use it up to 2 weeks before the end of flower. I spray my plants down with water a couple days before harvest just to remove any residue.
Neem oil is used to make toothpaste and other such items in Asia.

Is it safe o use neem when you hit flower? @pop22

You can use it up to 2 weeks before the end of flower. I spray my plants down with water a couple days before harvest just to remove any residue.
Neem oil is used to make toothpaste and other such items in Asia.
Thanks for chiming in @pop22 -Is there a preferred technique to spraying them down? Is it ok to spray where the flowers are? Thanks a bunch,I'm a noob and never used it b4

Back