Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Can’t disagree with results. I stumbled across a new word in my crypto trading debut. FUD I had to bust out the urban dictionary for that one lol. There is a lot of fud with lighting but I’m happy to say it doesn’t apply here. View attachment 865081

View attachment 865082

Right after lights on.
View attachment 865083

View attachment 865084

View attachment 865086

Now for this space which has been a rough road. I have 4 cobs over a 3x3 space. In the last 2 or 3 grows things haven’t been great. It yielded well but a lot of leave issues and positive I didn’t get the plants to their full potential. This grow started the same. Never understood how the same lights, nutrients and strains could come out worse. Last grow I lowered the lights thinking they weren’t getting enough. It went bad, this grow I jacked the lights up and they are taking off. With the reflective walls and confined space I think I was overdoing it the whole time. It’s been 2 weeks with the lights up and the results are impressive.
View attachment 865089

How high up are the lights?? I also have 4 COBs in a 3 x 3. (Trying to steal your strategy) Lol . Mine are about 24” away at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How high up are the lights?? I also have 4 COBs in a 3 x 3. (Trying to steal your strategy) Lol . Mine are about 24” away at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went up high. I’m near maxed on a 7’ ceiling so I’m close to 36” high. I have done this before and lower back down but this time I’m going to run everything high through flower and see what happens. Worst case is I have 4 small yielders of the 19 plants in total.

Take some pics, go to work and come back 11 hours later. Boom! These girls are noticeably bigger.

Here is the timeline. 15 days ago,
When your plants are growing - veg stage don’t change anything. Let them grow, same light schedule, same feed until they finish stretching. Preflowers do not mean anything. Keep it the same and they will continue to explode. It’s best to pick a few branches you can remember and measure their height from the floor or pot whatever. Pictures do help too.

C502DD50-BA3E-4A3A-B062-ECD6F5A7A64C.jpeg

9 days ago. Was a little nervous they wouldn’t make it to the net.

D8448077-02A5-4A6D-A0B9-01817DBC2D7B.jpeg

Today.

Doing a little nip tuck. Pulling branches through the scrog to get them as flat and wide as possible.
DFD9BFED-4803-4925-9255-1CC63FD3A473.jpeg

5E293921-10FA-4282-878D-AE7D8EE5D09E.jpeg

A98706A9-AAAF-4E59-BCA5-8C3AD8844973.jpeg

Take some pics, go to work and come back 11 hours later. Boom! These girls are noticeably bigger.

Here is the timeline. 15 days ago,
When your plants are growing - veg stage don’t change anything. Let them grow, same light schedule, same feed until they finish stretching. Preflowers do not mean anything. Keep it the same and they will continue to explode. It’s best to pick a few branches you can remember and measure their height from the floor or pot whatever. Pictures do help too.

View attachment 865340
9 days ago. Was a little nervous they wouldn’t make it to the net.

View attachment 865341

Today.

Doing a little nip tuck. Pulling branches through the scrog to get them as flat and wide as possible.
View attachment 865342

View attachment 865343

View attachment 865344

You just answered a question I had looming over my head. The Double Grape I have running in a waterfarm is a very light feeder, compared to the photo clones I ran in the past. Big learning curve there, for sure. What I had been uncertain of, was when to start in to bloom transition feeding, as the first hints of preflower pistils started appearing two days ago. Ill carry on with me light feeding until the stretch is stopping. Thanks!
Regards, Kyle

You just answered a question I had looming over my head. The Double Grape I have running in a waterfarm is a very light feeder, compared to the photo clones I ran in the past. Big learning curve there, for sure. What I had been uncertain of, was when to start in to bloom transition feeding, as the first hints of preflower pistils started appearing two days ago. Ill carry on with me light feeding until the stretch is stopping. Thanks!
Regards, Kyle

I am very happy you caught that and hope it works for you. A good friend led me to a thread here I believe by @Mossy not sure the title but when I read it, it made perfect sense. You can’t necessarily make an auto flower or not flower but you can assist and in most people’s cases assisting an auto to flower early is absolutely a waste of time. Consider the violent growth of an auto at this stage and how much mass is produced in such a short time compared to the length of the grow. A week or two extra to yield substantially more makes it well worth it.

One thing I do notice is if left to long this way you can develop a phosphorus deficiency quickly. As I pull it all together finally... phosphorus deficiencies can cause burnt tips. So if you start to see them then it’s probably a good time to add it in.

Looks like I have these damn aphids again. Or maybe I never got rid of them the first time. I was talking to a friend who said that the gorilla glue was very hardy and pest resistant. Now I’m wondering if the reason the AutoGorilla does so well for me is based on this.

There are a few options and wondering if anyone has any input. My first thought was to buy lady bugs which should slow them down. While also doing a Pyganic root drench.

The other option is nematodes and a foiar spray of SNS-203. (Not sure if this is safe for flowering)

Since these bastards crawl up the pant I think both foliage and root attacks combined would do best.

@Waira @pop22

Hey Smo I know that the grove in Vegas uses predatory mites and swear by them I've used ladybugs before for thrips and leafhoppers which if you can deal with ladybugs everywhere and I mean everywhere found one in bed with me lol they worked great with no problems except this morning about 6 months later leafhoppers again think I might give the predatory mites a go cheers and good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stems are getting stiff and feel the stretch has stopped. Going to add in more flowering nutrients and slow the veg nutrients down now. Also one of my favorites mag/pro 2-15-4. I have never had a potassium deficiency but plenty of phosphorus deficiencies so this stuff works great for me. Time to lollipop and do some leaf tucking.

08950CC6-CEE2-4BF1-A32C-AE3BCAEE4A7C.jpeg

F233ECE7-96FC-4B22-98C2-B70BD798B7A5.jpeg

402DB5D9-8A4E-4BF2-B6CE-3381F135A20F.jpeg

C47126CD-2ADA-4493-8F78-7EE32947305B.jpeg

This is the best the back room has looked in 2 years of growing plants in here. Lights at at 36”
354D8BF2-7B50-4A5A-9AB2-634DB124556C.jpeg

Hey Smo I know that the grove in Vegas uses predatory mites and swear by them I've used ladybugs before for thrips and leafhoppers which if you can deal with ladybugs everywhere and I mean everywhere found one in bed with me lol they worked great with no problems except this morning about 6 months later leafhoppers again think I might give the predatory mites a go cheers and good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thank you, I had the ladybugs in my amazon cart and thought the same exact thing. I think I’ll do a lower spray with the sns and wait for the nematodes to arrive. Would be great if I could just add them to my reservoir but I’m not sure if it would work or not. That’s a tough one.

Back