Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Rather than heaters, won't adding insulation work to keep tents warm in winter, even if only throwing blankets over the tent?

Is part of the problem that people are not using thermostats to control air exhaustion/intake? It seem most growers gravitate to using fan speed controllers/dimmer switches while running their intake/exhaust continually, with this clearly not actually controlling in-tent temperatures. I presume not using a thermostat is the source of many, if not most, winter tents-being-cold problems.

Although my need is due to heat buildup, not cold, I use a simple electrical outlet thermostat to control my fan, keeping temps. within a range of 2-3˚F.

Absolutely. I really like the way you think and all the helpful info you have given on the site. Insulation is the least expensive thing with the fastest reward. In home construction I could choke the insulators. I regularly add or improve the insulation work done by so called professionals. 2 days ago I we had a major cold snap. 3°. With a -20° wind chill. Reason for the cold room temps. A few weeks ago I repainted my daughters bedroom. The paint in the corners took 10 hours to dry so during the cold I ran my ir temp gun. The walls were 72° and the corner was 58°. Thanks to another piss poor job.

In my grow room the floor is 3/4 plywood. No real way to insulate the joists so I added 2” of ridged foam. On top I nailed down another layer of 3/4 plywood and then tiled it. The walls are fiber wool which is much better than fiberglass with the paper backing. In the tents outside the grow room I cover the tops with drop cloths. You can feel major heat between them and the tents walls. Below the tents I lay down 2” foam and even shim the back side so the tent has a slight pitch. This helps with sucking up any run off.

Hi,

It's winter here and like @BigSm0 the lights don't give enough heat to get the desired temperature.
For me it is a easy fix, I've put up a fan just above the cobs and aimed it downwards so it blows the heat down.
But i have just a wardrobe set-up...

My 50 cents!
:pass:That's what I'm gonna try too.

Absolutely. I really like the way you think and all the helpful info you have given on the site. Insulation is the least expensive thing with the fastest reward. In home construction I could choke the insulators. I regularly add or improve the insulation work done by so called professionals. 2 days ago I we had a major cold snap. 3°. With a -20° wind chill. Reason for the cold room temps. A few weeks ago I repainted my daughters bedroom. The paint in the corners took 10 hours to dry so during the cold I ran my ir temp gun. The walls were 72° and the corner was 58°. Thanks to another piss poor job.

In my grow room the floor is 3/4 plywood. No real way to insulate the joists so I added 2” of ridged foam. On top I nailed down another layer of 3/4 plywood and then tiled it. The walls are fiber wool which is much better than fiberglass with the paper backing. In the tents outside the grow room I cover the tops with drop cloths. You can feel major heat between them and the tents walls. Below the tents I lay down 2” foam and even shim the back side so the tent has a slight pitch. This helps with sucking up any run off.

The best thing that I have come up with for myself is pot risers. Just like @Raincheck said, at this time of year I try and point some air downward from over my lights(cobs) and use a small humidifer in the tent. Best I can do is try and get some warmer air flow under the pot bottoms, helps to air prune to.....with fabric pots I think. Best I can do so far, given conditions, but not as easy as real spring and fall conditions for me.

Got some of the new Mephisto haze strains going. Picture was taken shortly after the lights came on so they are a bit droopy. New megacrop, new autopots and first grow with reflectors too. The grow has been neglected for way to long so I’m happy to get things going again.
3E21626E-5E7F-4E50-8107-65AC9E26E38B.jpeg

99B3FA97-148D-488F-9569-437272271625.jpeg

I also placed an order for 500 new decals. Hopefully they turn out as good as I hope.

6F923FA8-E42A-47E1-AF41-29181DE2BF55.jpeg

Attachments

• 04818759-38AF-40CD-8BDE-B3678E711192.png
    04818759-38AF-40CD-8BDE-B3678E711192.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 215
Got some of the new Mephisto haze strains going. Picture was taken shortly after the lights came on so they are a bit droopy. New megacrop, new autopots and first grow with reflectors too. The grow has been neglected for way to long so I’m happy to get things going again.
View attachment 1032716

View attachment 1032715

I also placed an order for 500 new decals. Hopefully they turn out as good as I hope.

View attachment 1032827

Looking mighty fine in there BigSm0!! Turning my energy consuming CMH off next grow and will strictly grow under the 2 autocobs you sent me. In saying that, you were SPOT ON about CMH and your autocobs work great together. My second indoor grow ever was/is a success!!! 7 meph ladies coming down in less than a week...2 Sour cracks drying as I type.

Hope all is well in your world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey buddy, I got a message about some possible missing threads from here; we had tagged all content with the COBShop.net tag before moving it out prior, but I'll see if I can find anything tagged or titled with the name that didn't get moved. Just wanted you to be aware we're on it and looking!

Thank you sir! I remember 12k messages and it’s a little less now. It’s not as much about the numbers as the guys with active threads that may want to get back to it. I greatly appreciate it.

Back