Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

The lights aren’t giving off enough heat. Sorry for the sideways pictures. 52° in the grow with 14 cobs going.

D30D8807-E4F5-4383-841F-96F38CEF5CB0.jpeg

9D3F9BE3-262F-42F8-B9B4-113B4516EA8D.jpeg

The lights aren’t giving off enough heat. Sorry for the sideways pictures. 52° in the grow with 14 cobs going.

View attachment 1004264

View attachment 1004265
Girls are looking really healthy despite! I know, grow off getting ready to start and it's colder than a Witches T$T here and no end in the immediate future. Groom sits on top of a basement that's really unheated for the most part. Gonna buy some plant risers to give them some breathing room from the floor to help.

Hi,

It's winter here and like @BigSm0 the lights don't give enough heat to get the desired temperature.
For me it is a easy fix, I've put up a fan just above the cobs and aimed it downwards so it blows the heat down.
But i have just a wardrobe set-up...

My 50 cents!

Last edited:
Rather than heaters, won't adding insulation work to keep tents warm in winter, even if only throwing blankets over the tent?

Is part of the problem that people are not using thermostats to control air exhaustion/intake? It seem most growers gravitate to using fan speed controllers/dimmer switches while running their intake/exhaust continually, with this clearly not actually controlling in-tent temperatures. I presume not using a thermostat is the source of many, if not most, winter tents-being-cold problems.

Although my need is due to heat buildup, not cold, I use a simple electrical outlet thermostat to control my fan, keeping temps. within a range of 2-3˚F.

Rather than heaters, won't adding insulation work to keep tents warm in winter, even if only throwing blankets over the tent?

Is part of the problem that people are not using thermostats to control air exhaustion/intake? It seem most growers gravitate to using fan speed controllers/dimmer switches while running their intake/exhaust continually, with this clearly not actually controlling in-tent temperatures. I presume not using a thermostat is the source of many, if not most, winter tents-being-cold problems.

Although my need is due to heat buildup, not cold, I use a simple electrical outlet thermostat to control my fan, keeping temps. within a range of 2-3˚F.
I have a controller for my exhaust but in my cool basement the fan will shutoff and the humidity in the tent goes sky high 70-90% and that’s in a basement that’s at 25% this time of year. Fine if I were in veg but when in flower could be a problem, so I run it 24/7 during flower.

When it’s as cold as it’s been in the areas these folks r growing in insulation helps but more heat is needed then the cobs throw off. Folks like sm0 are in an area not a tent so much larger. Smaller tents might be ok but large areas need heat. High ceilings great for growing large plants and but suck for heating in winter.

View attachment 1004264

View attachment 1004265

Winter growing sucks...it really does test your abilities and knowledge on how to maintain a good grow....on another note, its a testament how much heat the cobs dont give off...lol

Back