Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Sort of relieved to say that this will be the last full room grow I’ll be doing for a long time. I’m going to run 4 plants at a time from now on. When it gets full the work that’s needed is to much. I’m also outside and last winter was brutal. I’ll never forget the excitement and the weeks of sleepless nights building this place. Neglected plants are just as bad as having no plants at all.

Anyways I’m burning up a lot of the left over seeds I have. 1 fastbuds c4, 2 fastbuds Girl Scout cookies. 3 strawberry nugget, 1 Mephisto cosmic queen and 1 Dutch passion Colorado cookies. Should be exciting to watch. The fast buds is taking the lead on growth, the strawberry are short and fat like last grow and the c4 are at the back of the pack. Not sure what will stay in the scrog just yet. View attachment 972545

Doesn't hurt to pull back a bit and focus on fewer plants. Especially if you are out in the cold working all day!

I don’t even know what to say. Guess the plants got to big for his tent and he wasn’t expecting it.

95FE0403-95A3-422C-A7D4-0E82D29A1354.png

Been awhile, to long actually. Got some smaller strains going and they are looking fantastic. One of the first afn members to buy cobs from me said awhile back that he was going to run smaller strains becuse they yielded more per square foot. I was way to hot headed and wanted to impress everyone with donkey D buds so I didn’t listen. Now I am.

This is what I have learned. The bigger plants take up more space, require more work, and have more chances of having problems or foxtailing. The quality isn’t as good either. On the flip side smaller strains are overall less risky. I very rarely see a smaller plant foxtail and even if it did it won’t hurt much since I t’s not taking up much space. You also get much denser buds across the whole plant. Quality on something like a double grape or avt is usually much better than something like hubbabibba too. Thick layer of resin across the whole plant. I hope all this makes sense. Every single small plant I have ever grown was excellent. 10-20% of the bigger plants I have grown had some sort of issue and yielded terribly. While it makes for better pictures I’m going for quality and quantity and not just quantity.

image.jpg

Been awhile, to long actually. Got some smaller strains going and they are looking fantastic. One of the first afn members to buy cobs from me said awhile back that he was going to run smaller strains becuse they yielded more per square foot. I was way to hot headed and wanted to impress everyone with donkey D buds so I didn’t listen. Now I am.

This is what I have learned. The bigger plants take up more space, require more work, and have more chances of having problems or foxtailing. The quality isn’t as good either. On the flip side smaller strains are overall less risky. I very rarely see a smaller plant foxtail and even if it did it won’t hurt much since I t’s not taking up much space. You also get much denser buds across the whole plant. Quality on something like a double grape or avt is usually much better than something like hubbabibba too. Thick layer of resin across the whole plant. I hope all this makes sense. Every single small plant I have ever grown was excellent. 10-20% of the bigger plants I have grown had some sort of issue and yielded terribly. While it makes for better pictures I’m going for quality and quantity and not just quantity.

View attachment 976553
I've pondered this exact theory and believe it 100%. This is a reminder for me, to do just this, very soon!

Back