Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

I have never seen a thermoelectric dehumidifier until today. Of coarse my fav store ace hardware has them. Anyone have any experience with them? I know they don’t work as well as a compressor powered dehumidifier but benefits seem great. Low wattage, low noise, low cost. Just not as powerful. Sounds like it would be a great idea for smaller grows. The wattage part was really intriguing. Dehumidifiers are energy hogs and also create a lot of heat because of the energy consumed.
I’ve heard they can’t handle much humidity at all. Maybe the newer ones r better that was a couple years back I looked at them.

I have never seen a thermoelectric dehumidifier until today. Of coarse my fav store ace hardware has them. Anyone have any experience with them? I know they don’t work as well as a compressor powered dehumidifier but benefits seem great. Low wattage, low noise, low cost. Just not as powerful. Sounds like it would be a great idea for smaller grows. The wattage part was really intriguing. Dehumidifiers are energy hogs and also create a lot of heat because of the energy consumed.
They are ok for smaller spaces if you are already running an ac but put off some heat. I recently came across a unit on Amazon that was an a/c, heater, humidifier, dehumidifier all in 1 unit. The intake and exhaust came with a 12 ft 3in diameter flexible tubing so they could me mounted in a window. That will be my next purchase after I own a total of 9 cobs

They are ok for smaller spaces if you are already running an ac but put off some heat. I recently came across a unit on Amazon that was an a/c, heater, humidifier, dehumidifier all in 1 unit. The intake and exhaust came with a 12 ft 3in diameter flexible tubing so they could me mounted in a window. That will be my next purchase after I own a total of 9 cobs
This is exactly why I was thinking it would work so well for a big part of the personal growers struggling with high humidity. Energy efficient, low heat and probably just enough for most spaces.

I have a portable air conditioner in my growroom. Be careful which ones you choose. My first, an LG 10,000 BTU model, was horribly inefficient, and, no joke, it was as loud as a 747 on take off! I couldn't stand to be in the growroom for more than 5 minutes!That thing raised my power bill $80 a month!

I've since replaced it with a more efficient model a Whynter 11,000 BTU. It uses less than 1/2 the power of the LG, and is quieter than any of my window model air conditioners! It is a 2 hose model ( all the more efficient ones use 2 hoses ) with built in dehumidifier. I'm very pleased with this one. So it pays to look into reviews in depth to really get the story on these products.

This is exactly why I was thinking it would work so well for a big part of the personal growers struggling with high humidity. Energy efficient, low heat and probably just enough for most spaces.

I have a portable air conditioner in my growroom. Be careful which ones you choose. My first, an LG 10,000 BTU model, was horribly inefficient, and, no joke, it was as loud as a 747 on take off! I couldn't stand to be in the growroom for more than 5 minutes!That thing raised my power bill $80 a month!

I've since replaced it with a more efficient model a Whynter 11,000 BTU. It uses less than 1/2 the power of the LG, and is quieter than any of my window model air conditioners! It is a 2 hose model ( all the more efficient ones use 2 hoses ) with built in dehumidifier. I'm very pleased with this one. So it pays to look into reviews in depth to really get the story on these products.
Sounds like this one, looks to be a nice setup.
Amazon product

About 5 years ago I bought an lg dehumidifier and it shook so bad it kept knocking the water container out of the front. After an hour of tape and foam I cut the noise down 10%. The closest lg warranty shop was a 3.5 hour drive away and shipping was as much as the whole thing cost me. I can’t stand LG.

As far as the 2 hose portable ac I couldn’t agree more. The double hose is a closed loop. No air exchange between the inside and out. The single forces room air out the one exhaust which forces outdoor air back in to replace the lost air. It’s like running your ac with the windows open. Sooooo many people don’t understand air pressure.

New to tapatak. Not sure if this is proper place for question. Citizen 1212 90cri 2700k powered with hbg100-36A.. @ 70watts. Would this be a acceptable setup.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back