Lighting Bigsm0 and the cob addiction

Its a bottom watering reservoir fed system. Its a dead simple system that uses an ingenious ware metering valve made of just three moving parts. Its IMO better than a drip system, no draining, no waste. Fill your res once a week or so, and just watch your plants grow! If you haven't, check out the threads in the auto pot section! You'll be convinced!

Can someone fill me in on how these auto pots work. I see a lot of you using them and some massive autos growing out of them.

Its a bottom watering reservoir fed system. Its a dead simple system that uses an ingenious ware metering valve made of just three moving parts. Its IMO better than a drip system, no draining, no waste. Fill your res once a week or so, and just watch your plants grow! If you haven't, check out the threads in the auto pot section! You'll be convinced!
Completely agree best change I ever made.
Along with using biotabs its just so damn easy :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’d love to be able to use these in my trays. The gravity bit and multiple flood trays make it harder to rig up. I should look into them again.

@pop22 i believe you remember my setup with the elevated res. Would that work for the autopots? It may be to high. If I could just get a reduced from the 8mm blumat line I could possibly go to the 6mm autopot pot. I may have to just buy some and try it out. I do like the blumats but this is more like a hydro setup and with the current crops flourishing I wouldn’t mind trying this to see how big I can get them in here.

You can use the valves in trays the make a kit with a cover than goes over the valve to keep stuff out of it. I'd say 2 valve per 4x4 tray one for anything smaller. I want to go to a tray in the tent so I can use whatever pot size I want.

I’d love to be able to use these in my trays. The gravity bit and multiple flood trays make it harder to rig up. I should look into them again.

The height will give you better flow, I see no problem with it

@pop22 i believe you remember my setup with the elevated res. Would that work for the autopots? It may be to high. If I could just get a reduced from the 8mm blumat line I could possibly go to the 6mm autopot pot. I may have to just buy some and try it out. I do like the blumats but this is more like a hydro setup and with the current crops flourishing I wouldn’t mind trying this to see how big I can get them in here.

I’ve been going back and forth for quite a while between autopots and blumat. I want something that will let me use different sized pots for different applications. For example next run I want to run a bunch of autoregs to reproduce original and cross. So I want to run 8-12 smaller containers for that. Once that run is over I’ll want to do a couple bigger girls to fill some jars but not want to have to change everything. I think like pop said gonna look for a tray to fit my area then get a res and and an valve from autopot.

I think that's the way to go! you can then use any size pot, 1L or 40L lol!

I’ve been going back and forth for quite a while between autopots and blumat. I want something that will let me use different sized pots for different applications. For example next run I want to run a bunch of autoregs to reproduce original and cross. So I want to run 8-12 smaller containers for that. Once that run is over I’ll want to do a couple bigger girls to fill some jars but not want to have to change everything. I think like pop said gonna look for a tray to fit my area then get a res and and an valve from autopot.

Back