New Grower Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 24

And then there were two...

Overdue for an update, so here we go. We are down to 2 plants who are both doing well. The 3rd was a problem child who eventually gave up. I always doubted her root system had really established because she was never firmly upright. Always had a severe wobble to her at feeding. So, these girls are EXTREMELY light feeders. I've tried going above 200 ppm twice. Both times the tip burn and leaf curl was apparent within hours. So when the wobbly girl started showing N deficiency and yellowing from the bottom up while her sisters were showing slight N tox, I knew something was up.

Anyway, I tried to just baby her through it, but, it wasn't meant to be. While watering a couple days ago, the whole plant came up when I was moving some leaves. I dug down and there was about 3 inches of taproot and two short branches off that. They just never formed. Oh well, more room for these girls to spread out.

Now these two are doing great. Roots are fighting to air prune all around the pot. Like I said, really light feeders. They're getting around 200 ppm to runoff every morning. Any more and they let me know.

The topping and LST hasn't slowed them down at all. They've both thrown pistils and are starting to smell when I open the cabinet. Things are looking good and I'm excited to see what they do from here. Y'all be safe and I'll check in soon...View attachment 1000084 View attachment 1000085

Looking good so far, nice and even bush growing there bud.

Last edited:
Day 24

And then there were two...

Overdue for an update, so here we go. We are down to 2 plants who are both doing well. The 3rd was a problem child who eventually gave up. I always doubted her root system had really established because she was never firmly upright. Always had a severe wobble to her at feeding. So, these girls are EXTREMELY light feeders. I've tried going above 200 ppm twice. Both times the tip burn and leaf curl was apparent within hours. So when the wobbly girl started showing N deficiency and yellowing from the bottom up while her sisters were showing slight N tox, I knew something was up.

Anyway, I tried to just baby her through it, but, it wasn't meant to be. While watering a couple days ago, the whole plant came up when I was moving some leaves. I dug down and there was about 3 inches of taproot and two short branches off that. They just never formed. Oh well, more room for these girls to spread out.

Now these two are doing great. Roots are fighting to air prune all around the pot. Like I said, really light feeders. They're getting around 200 ppm to runoff every morning. Any more and they let me know.

The topping and LST hasn't slowed them down at all. They've both thrown pistils and are starting to smell when I open the cabinet. Things are looking good and I'm excited to see what they do from here. Y'all be safe and I'll check in soon...View attachment 1000084 View attachment 1000085
Im sorry to hear of the - 1 . At least you still got 2 lovely ladies and they looking rather healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back