New Grower Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 6

Well, I hope everyone had a happy holiday. It's been a few days, so I figured I'd post some update pics.

It's day 6 since sprout and things are coming along as they should. As you saw on the last update, the first set of true leaves had some discoloration on the tips when the seedlings sprouted. While it's still there, it is barely noticeable. I gave nothing but pH'd water and calmag up til last night. The leaves started lightening up and that was my cue to start introducing nutes to the water. So, they've now gotten a very light dosing and we should start seeing them darken back up over the next day or two.

The plan is to top all three girls sometime between day 14 and 21 depending on growth. So, I'll let them do their thing and check in soon. Y'all be safe and keep em green! View attachment 991968 View attachment 991969 View attachment 991970 View attachment 991971
Crazy to see new sprouts and to know what monsters they will turn into. Cant wait to see!!!

Day 11

First and foremost, I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's celebration tonight!

Things are coming along nicely at this point. Growth is speeding up and looks healthy and green. For the last couple of days, the girls have been getting fed twice a day to runoff with 6ml/gal of Micro, 9 ml/gal of Bloom, and 1g/gal of Epsom salt.

The plan is to top at the 4th node within the next week or so as long as growth continues to be vigorous.

After more reading, I do have my free sample of Mega Crop on the way. I haven't decided yet if I will use it this grow or wait until the next. I've read some good things on here regarding it being Noob-proof, so we will see.

All that aside, they look happy and healthy so far. Y'all be safe tonight and I'll check in soon.

20181231_094148.jpg
20181231_094051.jpg
20181231_094001.jpg

Day 11

First and foremost, I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's celebration tonight!

Things are coming along nicely at this point. Growth is speeding up and looks healthy and green. For the last couple of days, the girls have been getting fed twice a day to runoff with 6ml/gal of Micro, 9 ml/gal of Bloom, and 1g/gal of Epsom salt.

The plan is to top at the 4th node within the next week or so as long as growth continues to be vigorous.

After more reading, I do have my free sample of Mega Crop on the way. I haven't decided yet if I will use it this grow or wait until the next. I've read some good things on here regarding it being Noob-proof, so we will see.

All that aside, they look happy and healthy so far. Y'all be safe tonight and I'll check in soon.

View attachment 993867 View attachment 993868 View attachment 993869

Picture perfect ladies. Nicely done. I don’t know about soil growing but watering twice a day sounds like a lot. Can’t argue with how they look though!

I just switched from GH flora to Megacrop mid flower. Rash and impulsive I know, I could have done without the complication. But the girls took it like a champ and I’m glad I did it. I really think it took them to the next level.

Happy and safe New Year’s to you as well! Don’t smoke too much! :headbang:

Picture perfect ladies. Nicely done. I don’t know about soil growing but watering twice a day sounds like a lot. Can’t argue with how they look though!

I just switched from GH flora to Megacrop mid flower. Rash and impulsive I know, I could have done without the complication. But the girls took it like a champ and I’m glad I did it. I really think it took them to the next level.

Happy and safe New Year’s to you as well! Don’t smoke too much! :headbang:
Thank you much!

It's not soil... I'm growing in Coco, so it's treated like any other hydro medium according to those that have given me advice so far. All about pushing oxygen through the medium...

Yeah, I've read great things about Mega Crop and you really can't beat the price either. It's supposed to be here Wednesday, so I'll hardly be in full blown veg. I'm really trying to KISS this whole process, so as to not make it difficult when my wife has to fill in.

No worries about smoking too much either. Haven't been able to for over 20 years now because of my job. This is all for my better half to medicate naturally, safely, and in the most cost-effective way. Pills have their place, but mother nature provides (almost) everything we need...

Thank you much!

It's not soil... I'm growing in Coco, so it's treated like any other hydro medium according to those that have given me advice so far. All about pushing oxygen through the medium...

Yeah, I've read great things about Mega Crop and you really can't beat the price either. It's supposed to be here Wednesday, so I'll hardly be in full blown veg. I'm really trying to KISS this whole process, so as to not make it difficult when my wife has to fill in.

No worries about smoking too much either. Haven't been able to for over 20 years now because of my job. This is all for my better half to medicate naturally, safely, and in the most cost-effective way. Pills have their place, but mother nature provides (almost) everything we need...
Your better half must be so pleased! I am ignorant in the ways of coco as well, it fools you into thinking it’s soil growing.

I’m in dwc buckets, but I don’t think mine were as far along at 11 days. Here’s a pic at 10 days and you can see the calmag deficiency already setting in. Something about hydro and LED.

0B6AF80E-1150-47B7-94AE-6840B6C5AF4A.png

She was set right quickly with some extra calmag but those leaves never recovered.

Your better half must be so pleased! I am ignorant in the ways of coco as well, it fools you into thinking it’s soil growing.

I’m in dwc buckets, but I don’t think mine were as far along at 11 days. Here’s a pic at 10 days and you can see the calmag deficiency already setting in. Something about hydro and LED.

View attachment 993914

She was set right quickly with some extra calmag but those leaves never recovered.
Everything I've read has said that DWC starts a little slower but then takes off at an astronomical rate after a few weeks.

These girls have impressed me so far. They have been pretty fast and I'm totally cool with that. Especially since I want to top at the 4th node to control the height. My LEDs seem to need to be higher than I anticipated, so I'm looking for uniformity throughout the cabinet.

Day 11

View attachment 993867 View attachment 993868 View attachment 993869
Looking good so far! Im impressed by the amount of research you have put in to the individual nutrients and breakdowns of them. It shows you have a passion for perfection. :chef: If you crack the code let me know...in laymen terms lol.

Looking good so far! Im impressed by the amount of research you have put in to the individual nutrients and breakdowns of them. It shows you have a passion for perfection. :chef: If you crack the code let me know...in laymen terms lol.
Haha. Thanks, man. I think the code was cracked long ago. I'm just trying to piggyback off of the inventor of the wheel at this point. And to somehow tweak it to fit my environment.

I know that you can all but ignore these girls and they'll produce, but I'd like to maximize quality without breaking the bank and keeping it simple enough to explain on the phone if needed. It just happens that I'm a nerd who has to understand the why behind it all. She doesn't care to know all of that. She just wants to know how to not kill them when I'm away...:crying:

Everything I've read has said that DWC starts a little slower but then takes off at an astronomical rate after a few weeks.

These girls have impressed me so far. They have been pretty fast and I'm totally cool with that. Especially since I want to top at the 4th node to control the height. My LEDs seem to need to be higher than I anticipated, so I'm looking for uniformity throughout the cabinet.
Oh she’ll be presenting you with her fourth node in no time. I think topping sets the stage for success early on — if you do nothing else, top it! Some like to wait for the 5th node, and for extra fast ladies that’s probably fine, although it can be a problem for early bloomers. But it certainly eliminates the first round of Christmas tree/running out of lighting distance conundrum.

It might turn out that you love this hobby just as much as your better half benefits from the fruits of your labor. Happy bit of serendipity right there. :passit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back