Indoor Back to some auto

Day 57
20230112_182728.jpg

That must be that short one in the back? Still looks tasty just small
I originally got them because my sead guy said they were an awesome yeild. So when this one turned early I've just let it feed. Probably pull it earlier so I can share the extra light with the big 2. I really should have done a bruce banner instead but just thought I'd try

So I've read tonight a principle I've never heard before. By removing more fan leaves the buds will increase in size because canibus is wind pollinated, and removing leaves allow the buds to get more of the breeze. I've always been more on the side of photosynthesis which if the more leave the more light can be obsorbed in my form of lamen terms. Has anyone got any info or results on these theory's and can fill me in. I have a shit tonne of leaves plus 2 fans trying to move air. Is it worth removing the leaf @blue @Jpkindbud @St. Tom @420autoflower
IMHO… when growing crowded and dense canopies it’s always necessary to keep up with your pruning to maximize the potential of your plants. I strive not to grow any fluff bud or larf as some people call it and to do so I have to leaf strip (schwazz) all my plants. A lot of extra work compared to just sitting back and watching your plants grow but the payoff is well worth it.
During the first few weeks of life I do a lot of leaf tucking and very selective defoliation but when the plants hit preflower I start going heavy on the leaf plucking. I’ll completely strip the plants down during the second week of flower then again around the end of the fourth week of flower, after that the plants start slowing down on growing leaves and concentrate more on bud development. The first schwazz is always the easiest and doesn’t take much time but the second strip is much more difficult and time consuming since the buds are already frosty and delicate at this stage. For the second schwazz I usually pull each individual branch away from the middle of the plant and start stripping them down while trying not to brush up on other buds. If I have leaves In the colas with no leaf stems to pluck or cut I just simply shear the leaves off the colas with scissors. :rolleyes1:
All this might seem extreme but these are the steps I take to grow denser buds and increase my yields.
It’s all in the pruning!

Here are a couple threads showing the benefits of heavy defoliation.

Back