Indoor All new setup - steep learning curve ahead!

Day 25 for the older girls on the budget grow, coming along nicely for the most part although there's a slight darkening between veins on the Zambeza Vanilla Ice. I'll have to look up what it means. They're due a drink anyway.
View attachment 741943

Day 17 for the Wilma girls.
View attachment 741945
View attachment 741946
I feel they're rather slow. I expected them to be romping away by now. I might change the res this weekend. @Itisi and @sanguine (and @Wile e Peyote if you remember) what sort of strength feed per litre should I be aiming at? I went for 0.5ml per litre to start and did a small 2 litre top up of 1ml per litre. Up it? And please explain in simple terms about TDS and PPM, as I now have a meter so I can read the values. I know what they stand for.

Romping?!

I've only ever heard that word used about sex scandals in tabloid newspapers.

So it's an actual word then? [emoji23]

Day 25 for the older girls on the budget grow, coming along nicely for the most part although there's a slight darkening between veins on the Zambeza Vanilla Ice. I'll have to look up what it means. They're due a drink anyway.
View attachment 741943

Day 17 for the Wilma girls.
View attachment 741945
View attachment 741946
I feel they're rather slow. I expected them to be romping away by now. I might change the res this weekend. @Itisi and @sanguine (and @Wile e Peyote if you remember) what sort of strength feed per litre should I be aiming at? I went for 0.5ml per litre to start and did a small 2 litre top up of 1ml per litre. Up it? And please explain in simple terms about TDS and PPM, as I now have a meter so I can read the values. I know what they stand for.
Hi :)
I'd just like to say mabey for the age get you TDS meter to around 700-900 starting low and building up every week by 100-200 ppm. Just test as you mix and oh it to 5.7-6.2 but I prefer 6. Its a nice round number lol. Hope this helps

I can only go by what's on the bottle. They're Plant Magic nutes. I guess I'll know in a day or two!
I use their cal mag and bloom there OK with what's on the bottle but again start small, half dose quarter dose for safety and work up ppm 100 or whatever each week. Just think young plants quarter dose teen plants half dose-full dose. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:
Hi :)
I'd just like to say mabey for the age get you TDS meter to around 700-900 starting low and building up every week by 100-200 ppm. Just test as you mix and oh it to 5.7-6.2 but I prefer 6. Its a nice round number lol. Hope this helps

I tyr to keep ph at 5.7 on my pH pen, which is actually 5.9. The cheap pH pens are mostly off by .1 to .3, and tend to be low.

TDS meters are spot on, and you don't have to wait a day to get an accurate reading, just ten minutes.

I don't like to jump up in PPM over 500 till they stretch and show flowers. I keep mine at 300 till they are big enough to start training, and then add about a 1 or 200 PPM per week up to 900 at full flower stage. I have not seen deficiency of any sort so far. It will be easier, and safer to keep it under a 1000 unless you get deficiency.

I use there cal mag and bloom there OK with what's on the bottle but again start small, half dose quarter dose for safety and work up ppm 100 or whatever each week. Just think young plants quarter dose teen plants half dose-full dose. Whatever you feel comfortable with.
That's great, thanks man! :thumbsup:

I tyr to keep ph at 5.7 on my pH pen, which is actually 5.9. The cheap pH pens are mostly off by .1 to .3, and tend to be low.

TDS meters are spot on, and you don't have to wait a day to get an accurate reading, just ten minutes.

I don't like to jump up in PPM over 500 till they stretch and show flowers. I keep mine at 300 till they are big enough to start training, and then add about a 1 or 200 PPM per week up to 900 at full flower stage. I have not seen deficiency of any sort so far. It will be easier, and safer to keep it under a 1000 unless you get deficiency.
Hey you found me! :bighug::pass:

I'll go have another look at it, I might have read it wrongly yesterday, it's all new to me... Back soon-ish!

Back