Indoor All new setup - steep learning curve ahead!

Ah your pipes not long enough opps sorry
No the pipe is TOO long, that's why it couldn't sit flat on the bottom. It now sits on the bottom because I cut some off it.

Later...

Im still finding it strange your getting vibrations from the nute pump ive never noticed it myself but i would keep an eye out for a cutting of carpet underlay of thick carpet to put below the wilma.

Also the nute pump has a recess on the bottom that a little sucker slides into and it sticks to the bottom of the res, do you have one of those?
I've fitted the sucker. Now it's too damn tall again so I'm going to have to cut more off the downpipe to get it to sit on the bottom... FFS, I'm so not convinced that they sent the right size one, I mean they missed out the manifold and sent an extra res, WTF???

Fed up with it.

19e9b6b0e7285be7392bf5e890048564.jpg

[emoji1360]

Day 25 for the older girls on the budget grow, coming along nicely for the most part although there's a slight darkening between veins on the Zambeza Vanilla Ice. I'll have to look up what it means. They're due a drink anyway.
IMG_2952.JPG

Day 17 for the Wilma girls.
IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

I feel they're rather slow. I expected them to be romping away by now. I might change the res this weekend. @Itisi and @sanguine (and @Wile e Peyote if you remember) what sort of strength feed per litre should I be aiming at? I went for 0.5ml per litre to start and did a small 2 litre top up of 1ml per litre. Up it? And please explain in simple terms about TDS and PPM, as I now have a meter so I can read the values. I know what they stand for.

Day 25 for the older girls on the budget grow, coming along nicely for the most part although there's a slight darkening between veins on the Zambeza Vanilla Ice. I'll have to look up what it means. They're due a drink anyway.
View attachment 741943

View attachment 741945
View attachment 741946
I feel they're rather slow. I expected them to be romping away by now. I might change the res this weekend. @Itisi and @sanguine (and @Wile e Peyote if you remember) what sort of strength feed per litre should I be aiming at? I went for 0.5ml per litre to start and did a small 2 litre top up of 1ml per litre. Up it? And please explain in simple terms about TDS and PPM, as I now have a meter so I can read the values. I know what they stand for.
Just on my way out but at that age I'm usually on about 1.5 ml per ltr but it all depends on the nutes what your full strength on the nutes [emoji106]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

View attachment 741943

View attachment 741945
View attachment 741946
Up the nutes. Looks like they had a stretchy start, you lowered the light?

Right, tds ppm. I'll keep it as simple as possible! Pure water is a poor conductor, it's the impurities that conduct the electricity. The level of these impurities (total dissolved solids) is measured in various ways (parts per million, micro Siemens etc).

Your nutes should state a recommended level, this is will be most likely a measurement above your Base level. Measure your tap water and take that figure away from the measurement of your nute solution.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Up the nutes. Looks like they had a stretchy start, you lowered the light?

Right, tds ppm. I'll keep it as simple as possible! Pure water is a poor conductor, it's the impurities that conduct the electricity. The level of these impurities (total dissolved solids) is measured in various ways (parts per million, micro Siemens etc).

Your nutes should state a recommended level, this is will be most likely a measurement above your Base level. Measure your tap water and take that figure away from the measurement of your nute solution.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
I only use my ec truncheon (oh er Mrs) to stir my mix [emoji23] don't do all that tds ppm stuff it would just confuse me [emoji16]

OK the nutes say "4-5ml per litre will give an EC of 2.0 to 2.4". Eau de robinet today is pH 6.9 and EC of 0.618. So I suppose I'll need about 3.5ml per litre to get the EC right for a new res fill. I'm waiting on a different pump because I want to try a different one and see if the noise level changes. So that'll be Wednesday ish. In the meantime I'll bump up the nutes that are already in the res.

Cheers guys! :pass:

OK the nutes say "4-5ml per litre will give an EC of 2.0 to 2.4". Eau de robinet today is pH 6.9 and EC of 0.618. So I suppose I'll need about 3.5ml per litre to get the EC right for a new res fill. I'm waiting on a different pump because I want to try a different one and see if the noise level changes. So that'll be Wednesday ish. In the meantime I'll bump up the nutes that are already in the res.

Cheers guys! :pass:
Just a little heads up I've never gone over 2 ml per ltr with autos ever (max strength is 4ml per ltr) to strong a feed will cause lockout just be careful these were only on 1.5 ml a ltr and added bloom booster into flower
882d229d1b198dfa7aaaeab5ee9b2f6b.jpg

33aafc6df2fb4022419236475560c71f.jpg

And Ive been flushing for a week with ph'd water with cannazyme [emoji106]

Back