New Grower Extremely lazy man's outdoor organic grow

Jeez, I'm too late to the party . Missed all the fun it looks like. When are the next beans going in?

Love the lazy approach. My closet grow is getting lazier too via more automation. But i sure would love to pop some beans outside....

And so they did! Good shout, mate. I'd have peroxided the shit outta those pots otherwise.
On the downer though, one of the Criticals damped off. I'm not having a ton of luck with RQS seeds this time round. They used to do great wardrobe photos for me, but so far I've had the dwarf Cheeses, a damped off Northern Lights, some seeds not pop at all, and now another damped off seedling.
Ok, I admit I'm extremely lazy, but this is not a great hit rate. I think with my cavalier attitude in future I'll go with Linda Seeds 1.50 specials rather than RQS's pricey and sketchy seeds.
0/4? I use Linda and RQS about equally and never had an issue germinating their seeds. 0/4 germing sounds like something not being done right... paper towel never goes wrong for me though some people look down on it hahaha... I just get the seed into a folded damp paper towel, on a plate, cover with plastic film, leave on top of tent and pick em up in a day or two. Just my 2¢ but I've not seen RQS and sketchy in the same sentence before if I'm honest :jointman: Linda wins out on price, considerably

0/4? I use Linda and RQS about equally and never had an issue germinating their seeds. 0/4 germing sounds like something not being done right... paper towel never goes wrong for me though some people look down on it hahaha... I just get the seed into a folded damp paper towel, on a plate, cover with plastic film, leave on top of tent and pick em up in a day or two. Just my 2¢ but I've not seen RQS and sketchy in the same sentence before if I'm honest :jointman: Linda wins out on price, considerably

New to me too. I've rarely if ever had a problem germinating beans before. It is VERY hot here currently but I've been sure not to let the towel dry out.
I cracked another pack of seeds and the first two sprouted lovely, so I'm inclined to think I got a duff batch.

Jeez, I'm too late to the party . Missed all the fun it looks like. When are the next beans going in?

Love the lazy approach. My closet grow is getting lazier too via more automation. But i sure would love to pop some beans outside....

They're already in and sunbathing.

I really did make a rod for my own back with this thread title.
The gods of growing have take it as a challenge. It's 42 celsius this morning, and my seedlings have had to be replanted deeper to counter their legginess, for fear they would fall over in the heat.
Elsewhere, my seven week Blue Cheese plants are beefing up beautifully but have started showing signs of mite infestation, so I'm going to have to dose them with diatomaceous earth now.

Back