Indoor All new setup - steep learning curve ahead!

OK I measured the res. It's at 100 ppm and a pH of 6.06. I think I can probably up the nutes, as they're now 3 weeks old, right?

Elle, I tend to read the plants more than the meters. What sort of colour are they looking?

5.8 ph is the sweet spot, but it's good practice and easy in the wilma to get a bit of swing. The various nutes are more soluble at different ph, so a bit of swing allows for better uptake. Because of the way the plants take up the nutes, the ph creeps up in veg and down in bloom. So aim for say 5.6 in veg and it'll drift up and about 6 in bloom and let it drift down. You will most likely have to assist this a little veg when the plants are smaller.

Elle, I tend to read the plants more than the meters. What sort of colour are they looking?
They look green *shrugs*. No obvious colour differences across the leaves to indicate a deficiency or abundance. They just seem slow.

I have some algae in the trough where the water drains down though... I was going to change the res on Wednesday anyway, should I do it today to sort this out? What would cause it, the temperature in the res being too high? It's 23-24C.

They look green *shrugs*. No obvious colour differences across the leaves to indicate a deficiency or abundance. They just seem slow.

I have some algae in the trough where the water drains down though... I was going to change the res on Wednesday anyway, should I do it today to sort this out? What would cause it, the temperature in the res being too high? It's 23-24C.
Keep the light out of the trough.

Are you lit well enough? I'm not genned up on cobs.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Keep the light out of the trough.

Are you lit well enough? I'm not genned up on cobs.
Yes there's plenty of light. I wonder if it's caused by the fact that there may be a slight slope which is causing some water to be retained instead of fully draining back into the res. That'll be fixed within a couple of days anyway. I guess I'll know soon enough!

Checked my conductivity just so I could report back.

Wilma is at 1800 micro Siemens and is a little dark (too much n), the choccy is at 2000 and a little light (not enough n). That's why I read the plant and not the meter. Canna nutes recommend a max of 2000 and the choccy wants more. The autos should be around 1600, which would be ok for 3 of the plants but not the 4th which is a hungry fecker. I've fed for the hungry one and slightly over fed the other 3, I'll probably pay for the excess n with stretchy buds.

Yes there's plenty of light. I wonder if it's caused by the fact that there may be a slight slope which is causing some water to be retained instead of fully draining back into the res. That'll be fixed within a couple of days anyway. I guess I'll know soon enough!

My gully normally end up full of roots, these block up the drain a bit. This gives an additional hydro (nft) effect in my opinion. Sanguine moves his pots off the res, so I assume he doesn't get this, still grows monsters.

I thought I had heard you should feed for the ones that want less, and supplement with foliar feed one that's more demanding?

Seems like there are still loads of variables to consider...

I don't know why I expected it to be fairly straightforward LMAO - it's uncommon that anything I do is!

I thought I had heard you should feed for the ones that want less, and supplement with foliar feed one that's more demanding?

Seems like there are still loads of variables to consider...

I don't know why I expected it to be fairly straightforward LMAO - it's uncommon that anything I do is!
You should, if she'd wanted more I would have backed of and foliar fed. I only dosed a little heavily.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Holy crap mate I have missed the second half of this thread along with loads of others due to something being up with my "settings". My settings have always been wrong though ;)

Mate you like a challenge don't you?!! Flippin heck I don't even understand half this thread! :crying:

Massive "big up" to you for being so brave and just going for it! I am sure you will grow some monsters in here.

How many cobs / watts are you running now and how high are they?

PS. If I had experienced all the f*ck ups re the wrong bits being delivered etc like you, I think by that point I would have been stood in the company's office using very bad language :thumbsup:

BTW can we have some more piccies please? Bit bleeding "toight" with the photos aren't you, or are you still camera-less? I got a half decent second hand one off my mate recently and love it. Yours was 11 years old? What was that like 0.5 megapixels? Was it even digital?

Photos please Ma'am :cheers: :bow: :vibe:

Back