Indoor All new setup - steep learning curve ahead!

OK here we are at day 5. Things seem to be going fairly slowly but hey ho. I've just moved them into these fabric pots and given them some acti-vera in water. The pots are 3.8 litres which is pretty close to a US gallon I think.
IMG_2936.JPG

Zambeza is a bit lanky, I'll see how she does and whether she needs propping up. The others are ok. Lights were at 37 inches in their little pots, I'm not sure whether to put them closer or further away.

The drippers idea has pretty much gone out of the window LOL. They're not dripping out of the side, they're dribbling out of the top. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work somehow. And because they're black I can't see what they're doing down the side. I think I'll play with them some more somewhere else, like my little outdoor greenhouse.

This lot have been hand watered to run-off. The soil mix is 50/50 coco and multi-purpose cheapo. It feels nice and friable. I need to remind myself that coco has no nutes so they'll need feeding more often.

Jack47 and OG Kush are now in wet paper towel awaiting the sprout. Pebbles are outside being washed. All is good!

@islandgrower yes they did. I'm calling today day 3.

I'll probably take pics tomorrow because I have lots of stuff to do today, but the four in the fabric pots are progressing. Both Vanilla Ice and the Portal girl are having to be propped up by straws. Sweet Seeds and Sumo are nice and strong-stemmed. As it's a budget grow and I'm playing with it, they've had a good watering and each of them has got one of the little drip 30 days supply of plant food.

In other news, the wilma pipework seems too long. And the filter kept coming off. @Itisi and @sanguine , do you have any tips for keeping the filter on please? Is the pipework the right length so the pump goes squarely beneath the pipe hole? Everything is pushed together as tight as it goes.

@islandgrower yes they did. I'm calling today day 3.

I'll probably take pics tomorrow because I have lots of stuff to do today, but the four in the fabric pots are progressing. Both Vanilla Ice and the Portal girl are having to be propped up by straws. Sweet Seeds and Sumo are nice and strong-stemmed. As it's a budget grow and I'm playing with it, they've had a good watering and each of them has got one of the little drip 30 days supply of plant food.

In other news, the wilma pipework seems too long. And the filter kept coming off. @Itisi and @sanguine , do you have any tips for keeping the filter on please? Is the pipework the right length so the pump goes squarely beneath the pipe hole? Everything is pushed together as tight as it goes.
Sort of, the weight of the pots causes the pipework to pop out of its recess. Or do you mean the bit with the manifold on? Soz, never had a problem with the filter.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Sort of, the weight of the pots causes the pipework to pop out of its recess. Or do you mean the bit with the manifold on? Soz, never had a problem with the filter.
The bit with the manifold on. Sorry, should have been more specific. The long bit between the two parts that go down into the rez.

The bit with the manifold on. Sorry, should have been more specific. The long bit between the two parts that go down into the rez.
Yer, a tad too long. I found it helps keep the manifold as a high point, eliminating airlock issues.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

*scratches head* OK, so... dumb question time. How much water is supposed to come through the drippers while the pump is on? I currently have a water feature which has got to be nearly as noisy as if I was laying next to a lily pond. How do I adjust the flow rate to drip not stream? Can I even do it?? Also should I completely fill the rez? @Itisi

*scratches head* OK, so... dumb question time. How much water is supposed to come through the drippers while the pump is on? I currently have a water feature which has got to be nearly as noisy as if I was laying next to a lily pond. How do I adjust the flow rate to drip not stream? Can I even do it?? Also should I completely fill the rez? @Itisi

Nope. The only control you have is a time clock.

Seedlings will need a 15 minute sprinkling a few times a day,fill the res above the top of the filter, run the pump with the valve open for a few seconds to vent any air.

As they get bigger,run the timer more often and keep the res filled deaper as the plants drink more. When they are in full bloom you'll be topping up every other day (hence my big butt in the loft).

Back