Indoor All new setup - steep learning curve ahead!

Nope. The only control you have is a time clock.

Seedlings will need a 15 minute sprinkling a few times a day,fill the res above the top of the filter, run the pump with the valve open for a few seconds to vent any air.

As they get bigger,run the timer more often and keep the res filled deaper as the plants drink more. When they are in full bloom you'll be topping up every other day (hence my big butt in the loft).
So I'm stuck with it being as loud as it is. Not good. I had to put up with his lordship putting the tv on at 06:15 this morning to drown the noise out. Can't see this working beyond the first grow unless I find a way round it!

Why have it on that early. Set the pump timer to more reasonable hours, nothing noisy (pumps and circ fans)comes on in the loft till 8 am and goes off at 10 pm. Vent fans on 24hr and lights on 18 or 20.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Why have it on that early. Set the pump timer to more reasonable hours, nothing noisy (pumps and circ fans)comes on in the loft till 8 am and goes off at 10 pm. Vent fans on 24hr and lights on 18 or 20.
The noise problem was the two drippers that are not in use, as I'm only running two pots. I've pushed them through so they're now below the water line. I won't be able to run a vent fan for 24 hours UNLESS I can find one that's pretty much silent. And right now I have no budget for any more stuff (no pay day this month). My existing fan is just too damn noisy to run all night. I've almost got the escaping light under control, I just need a couple of bits of stick-on velcro and some duct tape.

I thought you had to do a 15 mins within an hour of lights on, and one within an hour of lights off. I guess that's not the case?

The noise problem was the two drippers that are not in use, as I'm only running two pots. I've pushed them through so they're now below the water line. I won't be able to run a vent fan for 24 hours UNLESS I can find one that's pretty much silent. And right now I have no budget for any more stuff (no pay day this month). My existing fan is just too damn noisy to run all night. I've almost got the escaping light under control, I just need a couple of bits of stick-on velcro and some duct tape.

I thought you had to do a 15 mins within an hour of lights on, and one within an hour of lights off. I guess that's not the case?
Elle get yourself a cardboard box cut holes in it so you can fit in your extraction fan then pack it with loft insulation should lower the noise of your fan some peeps even build a wooden box and do the same I use the silent ventilation ducting it has an extra layer of insulation it's meant to keep the air vibrations down which lowers the noise can't say if it works as it's in the loft I used to run coco in my Wilma as Itisi says only ran it lights on my lights go on at 4 am and off at 10 pm and if your only using 2 of your drippers just run a bit of 4 ml pipe from one to the other creating a loop no more dripping noise [emoji106]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I like the idea of bypassing the other two manifold branches, it means I have two spare drippers. For now, anyway. My seedlings want their own light, though, they're leaning. I just need to find a socket splitter otherwise the lights will be on separate timers, which won't fit in the extension lead...

Thanks guys! I like the idea of bypassing the other two manifold branches, it means I have two spare drippers. For now, anyway. My seedlings want their own light, though, they're leaning. I just need to find a socket splitter otherwise the lights will be on separate timers, which won't fit in the extension lead...
Wrong time of year but, they do special extension leads that are spaced for timers, for Xmas lights. Swhat I use.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I use these ones you can get longer ones or just run another extension off the first one the ones in my tent are for heating and the oscillating fan and another for my lights as the extraction fan is running all the time
5a61e6b2ecbb3f2ada624f45e199eb06.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Glad you got sorted elle. Yea like itisi said either use one piece of line to block the first two dripper outlets or have rwo drippers in each pot. Still cant understand how its so loud. I cant hear mine over the fan at all

Back