hmm, copper does work as a very mild reppelent. they tend to avoid it if theres no reason to cross but will do so if theres something attractive on the other side. copper strips on your kitchen door will keep most of them out. might work i suppose. not sure why though. the myths about it are all just myths. if the metal itself was poisonus we wouldnt use it for our water pipes and it shouldnt electrocute them as the physics just isnt there. hmm thats annoying me now im gonna have to go figure that one out. damn you lol
Evil:
I can personally attest to the fact that too much copper is poisonous to cannabis. I built a top-off tank using a brass bulkhead because I did not have a plastic one handy; this was a huge mistake. It killed my entire grow and the subsequent restarted seeds as well. I removed the offending brass fitting from my system and everything went back to normal. Here is a picture of what copper toxicity looks like on the root system:
DSC00256.JPG
DSC00257.JPG

You will not have as much leaching into soil as in hydro but over time you could get a dangerous build up.

Evil:
I can personally attest to the fact that too much copper is poisonous to cannabis. I built a top-off tank using a brass bulkhead because I did not have a plastic one handy; this was a huge mistake. It killed my entire grow and the subsequent restarted seeds as well. I removed the offending brass fitting from my system and everything went back to normal. Here is a picture of what copper toxicity looks like on the root system:
View attachment 735677 View attachment 735680

You will not have as much leaching into soil as in hydro but over time you could get a dangerous build up.
That's the beauty of AFN, unsure of something? Ask around, always someone that's "been there done that" :thumbsup:

I got a couple blue kush seeds going I got off my blue kush last year just waiting for em to pop above soil,noticed strains with blue berry in the genetics often will throw a few seeds on the bottom branches,probably a result if the heavy Thai in the line ,Thai seems prone to hermie even without stress

Thank you, @Rebel! I really don't expect problems until otherwise proven. My seeds did not travel that far and are in original packages. I won a seed raffle some time ago and have a nice collection. My Green Monster (auto strain) looks good and will be harvested next weekend.
I haven't given the autos much attention, as the THC numbers are low. Their photo strains have a THC content in my league. As an old hash user, my weed has to be strong. If the smoke is not what I crave, the buds ends in the bubble bags.

When I get a dry sifter, I want to try making hash the trad. way, by sifting and beating/application of pressure.

:vibes:

Sounds good to me! Great to have you along!

Yea not a problem I have so many vines a fresh cut isn't a problem. I'll take a pic when I cut in

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Excellent!

Stiil can't decide.....Hmmmmmmm I think I'll go with Kaose Kretionz!

Kaos! How's he doing man... Haven't seen him around lately...

@Rebel i did find some deets bro!
She's from green house seeds (I don't mind these guys) it's jack herer X ice dream, 9 weeker, indica dom, 21.8% THC, 0.11 CBD
But we all know how those facts vary, mixed reviews, so I'm not expecting much with my skill level:pass:

Dang! Winner winner chicken dinner!! Can't wait to see her in action!

Not very exotic beans left in my stash.. which would you like to see?

RQS Bubblegum
RQS Special Queen [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
DinaFem Purple Afghan Kush
DinaFem Bubba Kush CBD
Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy
710 Genetics Andromina

RQ I've always heard great stuff on their gear. Can't really go wrong with Dianfem!

Day 1
AK47 - Photoperiod
View attachment 732585

You're the first!!! Max Rep!

I'm behind because I've had my first week at the new job, but I've just chucked a whole 5 pack of Paradise Seeds Magic Bud into some paper towel. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm growing in a Tesco NAS Cream Soda bottle.

Cream Soda... mmmmm... good stuff!

Have we kicked off? best get mine rocking, have a good one all :thumbsup:

Yup we've kicked off!

No clones here, starting from the ground up. Three in 2 liters, here's my first offering in the comp. Blue Dream:vibe:

Hoping for a female. Gonna grow some Nice Refreshing Colas

Awesome!!!

Man, I would enter but I grow outdoors and don't see how this is even possible with a photoperiod. Not unless I start it off in like July, otherwise it will outgrow the 2L bottle straight away seeing as photoperiods won't start flowering until August/September here. The ones I have in the ground are usually 10 feet tall by July as it is...

Do you think it would be possible to force flower a photoperiod by restricting it in a smaller container? I wonder whether it would start flowering on it's own, early, if it runs out of room. I have had photoperiods in the ground flower early due to a lack of nutes and root space. I don't know what else I could do...?

Hmm, this is basically an indoor comp then otherwise. There is no way outdoor people could participate, especially as you can only veg for 2-4 weeks maximum in the rules. That definitely counts me out :(

You could do what @pop22 is doing and place a box over it for the 12 hours to force it to flower. However if this isn't for you or not convenient for you, you can enter the out door comp that @912GreenSkell is holding...

The ONLY reason I allowed 2-4 week is because the last competition a few wanted to flip as early as 2 weeks. Which to me had no advantage whatsoever, so I allowed it. I think 4 weeks is a good amount of veg time on average just for sake of the comp.

Veg two to four weeks? Huh? I'm growing outside in the woods . How the hell can u guys have an outdoor contest with a veg time? Lemme guess u want us to bring the plants back inside under lights or what? I'm confused. If the veg time is that short take me out the comp.

See my above reply to English Archer... again, if you don't like the rules or think it's stupid... you are more than welcome to joint the outdoor grow off @912GreenSkell is holding...

I'm out before I even begin... none of the 5 seeds that I set to germ have sprouted :deadhorse:

I'll follow along anyway, good luck everyone! :pass:

Gutted!!! Total bummer...

missed the deadline -.-

if you dropped or germed a seed already you haven't... You just had to be planted by yesterday...

Violet Dreamz
Reg's
View attachment 735721

NICE!!!

Good luck to all the growers who is in the running

Same to you Walt!!!

Eventho I am obviously not qualified to win (like I would anyway lol with all the great growers here! NOT! LOL) but in spirit of the comp I have planted an Incredible Bulk Photo and Kush n Cheese Photo in their respective Dr. Pepper 2 liters and they are under my Kind K5 XL1000 SO I'm curious to what the Kind can do with a 2 liter plant :stir: to add some side fun in here... :smoking:

I'LL EXTEND THE DEADLINE UNTIL 4-20! IF YOU WANT TO ENTER YOU HAVE UNTIL APRIL 20TH TO GET IN THIS!!!

Yea I did join it before this one. And Yea personally I do think it's corny as fuck lol

Thank you. Well sorry it's corny as fuck I was just trying to let everyone join in if they felt like it. Good luck in the other contest.

Dammit @Rebel , if I'd known that I'd have got photo freebies with my Seedsman order, or BOUGHT a fem seed... oh well! Too late now LOL!

Sorry Elle... That sucks. I guess I should have given everyone more time.

If the majority of you think this contest is pointless or poorly organized I can end it. Anyone else feel this this way just yell up and we'll shut it down. I was just trying to have some fun growing while bringing attention to photos.

Thank you. Well sorry it's corny as fuck I was just trying to let everyone join in if they felt like it. Good luck in the other contest.

Sorry Elle... That sucks. I guess I should have given everyone more time.

If the majority of you think this contest is pointless or poorly organized I can end it. Anyone else feel this this way just yell up and we'll shut it down. I was just trying to have some fun growing while bringing attention to photos.

Shit I am turning my closet into a photo room so I can do this contest. Just too many difficulties for me to get an outdoor grow going atm. And the loooong days of AZ sunlight outdoors as well. If I am the only one left I will still grow out my 2 liters. Does it count if I grow out 2 males but nobody else stays in the comp?

Ok enough shenanigans :toke: I sure could use some of the prize winnings any how. I bet there's plenty of interest.

Shit I am turning my closet into a photo room so I can do this contest. Just too many difficulties for me to get an outdoor grow going atm. And the loooong days of AZ sunlight outdoors as well. If I am the only one left I will still grow out my 2 liters. Does it count if I grow out 2 males but nobody else stays in the comp?

Ok enough shenanigans :toke: I sure could use some of the prize winnings any how. I bet there's plenty of interest.
I'm still in it :thumbsup:

Back