Very odd. I've run Mega three times now in auto pots and have never had this problem. I mix mine in a shaker, AND mix it again in the bucket with a paint mixer in my drill. Did you clean the res between grows? If so, did it get a good rinse? I would suspect it reacted with something that had been in the res previously. I can think of no other explanation. I'm on Greenleaf's thread on RUI and have not seen anything like this there.

Hey folks, got a question/problem.

I'm not a participant in this autopot test, but have been following the thread closely since I've been using autopots now for continuous grow cycles since May 2017. In May 2018 I jumped on the GreenLeaf MegaCrop (and its companions Sweet Candy & Bud Explosion) bandwagon -- but initially in AirPots. Had great success, independently, with autopots and with MegaCrop.

Now the problem. This past September I ran a cycle combining MegaCrop and AirPots. What a disaster. The brew separated in the reservoir and clogged my lines. Not just once or twice, but at least a half-dozen times. I had a small pump in the reservoir. It didn't help. Eventually it clogged, got cleaned, clogged again, and finally died. Have a look:

View attachment 997451 View attachment 997452

Here's the head-scratcher. I had exactly the same mix/brew in a 5-gallon white pail that I used to hand feed fiber-pot plants over in a different tent. That mix DID NOT separate. So what's going on.... exact same mix in a black plastic reservoir and a white plastic pail. One separates, one doesn't. Is GreenLeaf racially biased? I doubt it. There's got to be some rational explanation. But unless I can get to the bottom of this, I won't be using MegaCrop with AutoPots again.

Hey guy's here is another update of my Autopot Test, I recently harvest some of the FE I will show them pics & also my Sour D @Day 100, Enjoy!
IMG_9672.JPG
IMG_9684.JPG
IMG_9685.JPG
IMG_9696.JPG
IMG_9705.JPG
IMG_9706.JPG
IMG_9924.JPG
IMG_9925.JPG
IMG_9926.JPG
IMG_9927.JPG
IMG_9935.JPG
IMG_9945.JPG
IMG_9913.JPG
IMG_9939.JPG

Very odd. I've run Mega three times now in auto pots and have never had this problem. I mix mine in a shaker, AND mix it again in the bucket with a paint mixer in my drill. Did you clean the res between grows? If so, did it get a good rinse? I would suspect it reacted with something that had been in the res previously. I can think of no other explanation. I'm on Greenleaf's thread on RUI and have not seen anything like this there.

I just started using the paint mixer drill trick and I gotta say, that was brilliant. I mix my megacrop in a mason jar of warm water before dumping it into the res with the rest of the water and then use the mixer to blend everything very nicely. I also give it a nice mix with the drill every night when I get home from work :thumbsup:

I'm not a participant in this autopot test, but have been following the thread closely since I've been using autopots now for continuous grow cycles since May 2017. In May 2018 I jumped on the GreenLeaf MegaCrop (and its companions Sweet Candy & Bud Explosion) bandwagon -- but initially in AirPots. Had great success, independently, with autopots and with MegaCrop.

Now the problem. This past September I ran a cycle combining MegaCrop and AirPots. What a disaster. The brew separated in the reservoir and clogged my lines. Not just once or twice, but at least a half-dozen times. I had a small pump in the reservoir. It didn't help. Eventually it clogged, got cleaned, clogged again, and finally died. Have a look:

Here's the head-scratcher. I had exactly the same mix/brew in a 5-gallon white pail that I used to hand feed fiber-pot plants over in a different tent. That mix DID NOT separate. So what's going on.... exact same mix in a black plastic reservoir and a white plastic pail. One separates, one doesn't. Is GreenLeaf racially biased? I doubt it. There's got to be some rational explanation. But unless I can get to the bottom of this, I won't be using MegaCrop with AutoPots again.
Had same exp. Just less line cloggage .
And got the same answers. Went to bottled and have not had a single issue since.
Not knocking mc at all. I had success hand watering with it for sure.

Hopefully you get it under control soon. Problems in the grow are always stressful

Some possibilities...
Water temp difference?
Do both reservoirs have lids?
Refresh rate (How long do they sit between changes)?
Erm, thats all i can think of right now lol!!

Thats crazy im also running mc and ap's haven't had this happen yet i use slf100 as well tho

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey @Ripper @pop22 @Ash-a-Ton @Mikis @IzzyTheGrower --- thanks folks for responding back and chimin' in with suggestions & comments. Here's some answers to your questions/suggestions.

In general I was running about 4 grams per gallon, mixing by hand (big paddle) in a 5 gallon pail, then dumping into res. Usually 2.5-4 gallons at a time. Same mixing and ratios for the non-reservoir tent.

I did clean the res between grows, and also several times during the grow when things got clogged I agree Pop22, I would suspect a reaction with something residual in the res. But can't figure out what or how that could be given the cleanings and refreshings.

Same water temp. All containers have lids, and are refreshed, refilled about every 3 days.

I tried adding DripClean to the reservoir mix. Got the same problem both with it, and without it.

Yeh, Ash-a-Ton, I'll be using bottled AN nutes for my AutoPot Feb Grow Battles. Not saying that I won't try to run MegaCrop in reservoir again some day, but not until I have a better idea what's going on.

Go figure, eh? :shrug:

EDIT -- I only and always use reverse osmosis water.

Last edited:
Hey @Ripper @pop22 @Ash-a-Ton @Mikis @IzzyTheGrower --- thanks folks for responding back and chimin' in with suggestions & comments. Here's some answers to your questions/suggestions.

In general I was running about 4 grams per gallon, mixing by hand (big paddle) in a 5 gallon pail, then dumping into res. Usually 2.5-4 gallons at a time. Same mixing and ratios for the non-reservoir tent.

I did clean the res between grows, and also several times during the grow when things got clogged I agree Pop22, I would suspect a reaction with something residual in the res. But can't figure out what or how that could be given the cleanings and refreshings.

Same water temp. All containers have lids, and are refreshed, refilled about every 3 days.

I tried adding DripClean to the reservoir mix. Got the same problem both with it, and without it.

Yeh, Ash-a-Ton, I'll be using bottled AN nutes for my AutoPot Feb Grow Battles. Not saying that I won't try to run MegaCrop in reservoir again some day, but not until I have a better idea what's going on.

Tap water? Mine was.
Maybe something to that?

You seen I’ve also had a separation problem and clogging and all that but with liquid nutrients I never got any help from the sponsor as of yet even though I did contact Hobbes about it.. but now I’m done with nutrients and the res just hand watering until harvest..so I’m left not knowing why , I know which product is causing the problem I even tried 2ml a gallon which is 2ml+ lower than normal dose and still did it, so I believe that one product to be bad.

Last edited:

I do get some residue on the bottom of the autopot reservoir but haven't had any blocked lines. I'm thinking it's from the kelp extract that is in megacrop that is separating. I premix my megacrop in gallon jugs with warm water the day before I refill the res. I add drip clean to the res, dump in the megacrop then fill the rest of the way with plain water.

Back