Just a day 6 update.
DF208BDC-4508-4226-992F-23667E8A533D.jpeg

Nice advantage of autopots is that I have not seen my plants in a couple of days and I'm not worried about it.

Someday I'd love to do a no touch/no peek grow just to see what it would do. Literally a 55 gallon drum of megacrop solution, a single autoflower in an autopot with an LED light set on 18/6. Walk away for 70 days and see what was there upon return. The future is now kids.
Would be great. Longest I have left mine was for 2 weeks while in Japan. It worked out very well, although I worried about them everyday while gone. Leaving them for 70 days could be problematic, because you never know when you might get a clog in your lines or valve.

Would be great. Longest I have left mine was for 2 weeks while in Japan. It worked out very well, although I worried about them everyday while gone. Leaving them for 70 days could be problematic, because you never know when you might get a clog in your lines or valve.

I could probably throw a big pre filter in the bottom of the 55 gallon drum to deal with clogs. It's nothing I'll fool with right now, but it would be a neat experiment. I could chuck a camera in there and log it after the fact.

70days could be problematic in many ways, you'd need lights that can adjust them self...Pretty much a super smart tent, flood monitors, not sure something could be resolved if an issue come up though... unless the smart tent can fix floods and all that too... lol:bong::funny:

70days could be problematic in many ways, you'd need lights that can adjust them self...Pretty much a super smart tent, flood monitors, not sure something could be resolved if an issue come up though... unless the smart tent can fix floods and all that too... lol:bong::funny:
I think I can solve the light problem with my 4x4, just put four AutoCOBs up agains the ceiling and let it go from there. Should work out unless they actually stretch all the way up and touch a cob. I find with COBs I have to have the lights as far away as I can for vegging but once flowering starts the plants seem to handle COBs getting real close. Flooding and clogs could still be the real problem.

I think I can solve the light problem with my 4x4, just put four AutoCOBs up agains the ceiling and let it go from there. Should work out unless they actually stretch all the way up and touch a cob. I find with COBs I have to have the lights as far away as I can for vegging but once flowering starts the plants seem to handle COBs getting real close. Flooding and clogs could still be the real problem.
at some point they will hit the lights, unless ya have a super smart tent so lights can move themselves and move out the way I don't honestly see that running flawlessly for 70days I wish the best and hope , but I highly doubt putting that high up they will stretch so much and by preflower rubbing ceilings :bong::funny: They'd also know how to do lst and all that, so a really smart tent....

flooding,clogs the unexpected, to put things in prospective on average, how often do you have fix things that come up? like make adjustments,things like that? how many times you had a flood, more then once? what are the chances everything will run automatically without any assistance? I just know if anything comes up or happens what is your game plan? you must have right? 70days on an unattended inside grow is very risky imo...Humidity level can sky-rocket a number of things can happen..I just hope your looking at the whole picture..timers can stop working,plant can fall over, a fuse/breaker can go out, on say dehumidifier then what a fire? Like I said a smart tent is only way but there isn't any I know of that can do all them things...

I know for myself and I'm being honest here there is no possible way I could leave mine for even more then a week, maybe 2 if I had to really push but I'd be a total nervous wreck until I got back, not knowing if i'm even returning to a house...so 70day totally out of question for me...There are always things that come up, I've never seen a flawless grow where not a single thing come up that I didn't need to do something....Always expect the unexpected,plan for the worst...If ya was to have a flood and 55gal spewed out, can the area tent is in handle that size of a flood? the tent sure can't...I'm sure maybe you only thinking about floods & clogs but so much more can go wrong...I think of safety first....

Last edited:
I should be getting my final pic of my Tangie this Sunday if trichs are where they should be. Then to clean up so I'll be ready to start again for the new battles.

Back