Mephisto Genetics A grow room(s) make-over thread with Mephisto!

Hey buddy,

It's now come down to a touch over 50% - just naturally. When there's a change in season here we often get an influx of storms and rainy weather which was just real bad timing. We've now transitioned into winter which is mostly sunny days and cold nights, and actually one of the nicer periods here to grow in.

The level of our main grow room (half underground) can also flood leaving residual water trapped which happened.

We have lost some to mould, in the sour blues tent and the orange crack tent - short thick plants packed tightly and big colas meant they weee the most susceptible to rot with humidity at 70-80% plus for a couple of weeks.

I did harvest some tops at day 56 as a pre-emptive cure. Not ideal but it was a salvage op for some.

The larger strains.. white crack, sour stomper and Skylar white there's been zero mould.

I think we're going to go for an AC unit in this room for the future, previously we didn't have the extra power available for this, but now running some cmh's and not having the e-papillons on full whack we've freed up some extra juice in the line.

Anyway overall, so far despite the troubles I think the new room test to bed it in has gone fairlywell - always room for improvement though.

Cheers Mitch
That is good to here about the white crack, sour stomper and Skylar for next late spring summer grow if available. I also Am going to go from a 5000 btu A.C to a 10.000 BTU A.C to cure the high R.H.and temp. conditions. CHEERS team Mephisto PS do not skimp on Air Conditioner unit LOL

That is good to here about the white crack, sour stomper and Skylar for next late spring summer grow if available. I also Am going to go from a 5000 btu A.C to a 10.000 BTU A.C to cure the high R.H.and temp. conditions. CHEERS team Mephisto PS do not skimp on Air Conditioner unit LOL

Hi fairly, I think it's something to do with the plant sizes too, it was the smallest strains affected, but as well as being smaller they are thick with foliage - so really we could have done with clearing out the foliage earlier, perhaps even topping them to spread the mass of the main colas to the other sites. So perhaps for this room we need to fine tune our strain choices also - I think a medium sized strain like the 3Bog would work really well.

We've also modified our air in, and could look at stronger in tent circulatory fans before going down the AC route -

Also in the room just next door we've had little to no mould in comparison,

Anyway it's forever a work in progress it seems to fine tune the many variables in the grows.

Cheers Mitch

Keep up the good work mitch mate;) once u have everything all dialed in to ur new setups will be plain sailing as u grow ur beautiful plants.i got 3bears og auto on the go now .quite a small plant but healthy.il share the results with u when she is ready;) keep it green mate and happy growing;)

Hey guys!

Bit of an update, today was D66 for this first run,

We harvested the sour blues and orange crack on D64, yesterday D65 we cleaned down both these tents, washed the pots and prepped everything to re-plant today.

The sour blues tent was replaced with 3BOG F5 Mitch's pick - made during the summer.

50 seeds were put in to germinate Tuesday 1.00am using the mephisto germ tech and today Thursday at 3pm - 49 were ready for planting.
(Ignore the x40 I wrote the label before putting the beans in)
IMG_5665.JPG

1 per pot - 18 in total - the remaining were planted upstairs in 1.5 liter pots.. for something else :D

Tech specs -

3bog flowers grow -

Seeds planted - 17/11
Temp 70 - rh 48%
E-papillon Light setting 600w
Light distance 100cm
Light hours - 24/0

18x 15 liters pots in a 1.2 x 2.4 tent

We're doing an experiment with soils, the right side of the tent (9 plants) in fresh allmix out of the bag 2/3 of the container, top third is lightmix from biobizz for the plant to start in.

IMG_5666.JPG

The left 9 are the previous run's soil emptied out, remixed with bat guano and worm humus and put straight back in the pot 2/3rd's full, and topped off with fresh lightmix

We'll then insert biotabs - 2 per pot at about 2 weeks in.

For the All-mix side it took 2 bags for the 9 pots and then 1.5 bags of light-mix.

The orange crack has been replaced with Sour Livers x sour hound - a cross made in summer just to try out for fun.

It's a unknown first test so we'll see how it's goes.

Same specs and set up as above.

Except 44 were put in to germ. 36 had sprouts. And so we chose to do 2 beans per pot. The remaining 8 beans I left in the DVD case in the tent to see if they pop, I'll have a look tomorrow.

IMG_5667.JPG

As temperatures are now much cooler than the breaking in run, I think we'll see much better veg growth this time. It was hard last time to keep the soil from drying out whilst the plants were seedlings, which in turn ended up in overwatering and not ideal growth.

Here's the new lot, just playing the waiting game on the sprouts now

IMG_5668.JPG

Cheers mitch! And I'll do an in depth grow/harvest report on the sour blues and orange c once they're dried.

Looking great Mitch those beans look healthy
Hi fairly, I think it's something to do with the plant sizes too, it was the smallest strains affected, but as well as being smaller they are thick with foliage - so really we could have done with clearing out the foliage earlier, perhaps even topping them to spread the mass of the main colas to the other sites. So perhaps for this room we need to fine tune our strain choices also - I think a medium sized strain like the 3Bog would work really well.

We've also modified our air in, and could look at stronger in tent circulatory fans before going down the AC route -

Also in the room just next door we've had little to no mould in comparison,

Anyway it's forever a work in progress it seems to fine tune the many variables in the grows.

Cheers Mitch
Mitch I had a tiny bit of mold in the main colas of some not all toof decay and 24 c AT 60 TO 70 PERCENT. You are so right on defoliating I have had close to 4 ounces off a 24 c by defoliating and a easy 4 ounces off of some of my bigger toof decay by defoliating sometimes all a room needs is more air movement that being said I will not grow toof decay in mid summer that will be a winter strain for me and toof decay where i can keep it at 40% to 45% RH. My wife is adamant on a 10x10 foot room so I can do fifty at a time in 3 gallon containers. I have been ripping some well cured HBSS for the first time and WOW Mitch unreal. I love that terpinator give it a whirl on some personal herbs you will notice a huge difference in smell and terpinoid production I have. There is an increase in THC too and the taste is out of this world http://terpinator.com/ Cheers Mitch and TEAM MEPHISTO

Looking great Mitch those beans look healthy

Mitch I had a tiny bit of mold in the main colas of some not all toof decay and 24 c AT 60 TO 70 PERCENT. You are so right on defoliating I have had close to 4 ounces off a 24 c by defoliating and a easy 4 ounces off of some of my bigger toof decay by defoliating sometimes all a room needs is more air movement that being said I will not grow toof decay in mid summer that will be a winter strain for me and toof decay where i can keep it at 40% to 45% RH. My wife is adamant on a 10x10 foot room so I can do fifty at a time in 3 gallon containers. I have been ripping some well cured HBSS for the first time and WOW Mitch unreal. I love that terpinator give it a whirl on some personal herbs you will notice a huge difference in smell and terpinoid production I have. There is an increase in THC too and the taste is out of this world http://terpinator.com/ Cheers Mitch and TEAM MEPHISTO

Hey fairly, exactly right.

We've now modified the air in points to be bigger, I think the next step is also to replace the circulatory fans for just a single bigger fan to really blast at them.

The next step after that would be AC - but I'll try to avoid that for now.

Otherwise it's down to plant management and training. Perhaps lst or top them to avoid getting a really big main cola.

Other than that we're in a forest so high(er than usual) humidity is just something we have to deal with as best as we can.

We also had the leakage from the autopots - our fault, and the flooding of the basement (not our fault) so I just think it was a culmination of all of these factors.

I'd say we lost 15-20% of flowers from the sour blues and orange crack, but it could have been worse.

Cheers Mitch

Ur plants are gna grow faster and stronger than ever, theyl really enjoy the biobizz lightmix.its pure magic for camnabis plants.good job;)

Ur plants are gna grow faster and stronger than ever, theyl really enjoy the biobizz lightmix.its pure magic for camnabis plants.good job;)

We always start our autos in lightmix - for over 10 years now, but it's maybe been 4 years since we've used all-mix , as we've been amending and recycling our soil for this period.

The recycling, even with a tried and tested recipe..hit and miss isn't the right phrase, but it's obviously not going to be as consistent as an out of the bag soil, so the test here is to see if there's a noticeable difference. cheers

I know you germinate a lot at once I see you use the paper towel method. What do you use for a heat source or temps do you have your seeds at when popping I mean your ambient temps. Team mephisto can you explain your germination techniques please and thank you?

Back