Mephisto Genetics A grow room(s) make-over thread with Mephisto!

NCH x Sour Hound

NCHSH Sample 1s.jpg

NCHSH Sample 2s.jpg

Harvest day - One stint D66/67 from sprout
Yield - 925g
Popcorn - 20g - barely any
trim ease - Sour Hound dom - Very easy, NCH dom a little trickier but still all in all Easy.
Waste from mould - 5-10% guesstimate
For extract - *Plant dependant but it would be worthwhile saving the trim to run.

If grown again what would we change; These also had a slightly rough run early on - The e-papillon broke - So they were temporarily put under CFL for a night/day until we had a moment to hook up 2x 600w-s. This was a minor test to see how the E-papillon directly compared to the 2x Hps - To the hps' credit the reflectors used were the cheapest oldest barn roof style ones. Against the hps - this tent used averagely 400w more than any of the others with the E-papillons - and comparitive yield was less for sure.

A few tops suffered from mould and were disposed of, but it wasn't any kind of disaster in that regard. Maybe 4 from 18.
This strain was just a filler one basically - we had the seeds and thought why not.
As it was a cross of NCH F2 x Sour Hound - there was quite a bit of variation in height and structure - There were 2 main phenotypes - It was easy to split them and see which parent they favoured.

The structures were quite open, and these also made the combination of thickest and tallest colas in the room, some real beasts and nice sized flowers.

nchsh dry1s.jpg

A little sour a little hazey, a little spicy a little musty funky. there' almost an aroma in there for everyone.
End flowers - Bag appeal - high. - Pretty and plenty resinous.
Nice size flowers and decent density. 7.5/10
Final thought - Fun and easy to grow, actually pretty nice indeed, but next time we'll be trying the pure fem NCH seeds.

Last edited:
White Crack -

White Crack Sample 1s.jpg

White Crack Sample 2s.jpg

Harvest day - One stint D71/72 from sprout
Yield - 700g
Popcorn - 358g - too much
trim ease - The decent tops were very easy.
For extract - Definitely worthwhile saving trim

If grown again what would we change: These potentially could have produced the most. They were on the verge of being the perfect height/size.
However we weren't at all agressive enough with plant management early on to properly contain them. ALthough they weren't the tallest strain being run - this tent definitely felt the most 'full'

ideally we'd run less or train harder, but the growth and structure was good indeed. And the quality very nice.

wcrack dry2s.jpg

Aroma - More on the sour side than the walter - Slghtly skunky general highgrade
End flowers - Bag appeal - high. - Nice N' Sticky
Dense, compact and white - 8.5
Final thought - Good growth, high yield potential, worth another whirl on the mephisto-go-round in future.

Skylar White -

Skylar Sample 1s.jpg

Skylar Sample 2s.jpg

Skylar Sample 3s.jpg

Harvest day - One stint D73 from sprout
Yield - 370g - primo
Spin pro stash - 299
Popcorn - 494g - wayyyy too much
trim ease - The decent tops were very easy. Fluff and mid plant material was not worth trimming
Waste from mould - 0%
For extract - Should be lovely - we'll see

If grown again what would we change: We definitely messed up with these - They grew the biggest and branchiest out of everything, great vigour.
We've seen from other peoples grows she can yield - However in this arrangement without severe training/pruning or a SCROG they weren't utilised in the right way. And too much of the plants flower sites were not receiving adequate light. They also almost outgrew the height of the tent, the light got raised on to the top bar as far as it could go and it still wasn't quite enough - so the light had to be switched down to 750w for some time to stop heat stress

The tops were absolutely primo and lovely, beautiful aroma and crystal coverage - but way way too much larf on the rest of them.
Also, which may have been a factor to it, it was the last strain to harvest and I think we were definitely weary of everything by then, It just wasn't worth the time.
We spin pro'd everything we didn't want to trim - then everything we didn't want to spin pro - yes super lazy by that point.. We just put onto a big pile for bubble hashing at a later date.

I think 8-9 plants would have worked much better, for an easy grow.

skylar dry1s.jpg

Aroma - So nice, maybe on par or better than sour stomper - or maybe i just miss some walter. Has the lovely creamy sweet slightly hazey walter aroma, with a little touch of the skywalker funk
End flowers - The primo stuff is soo nice and totally white covered.
Bag appeal - Seriously high.
Not big flowers but compact and nice density - 7/10

I would grow again for sure but way less plants or be prepared for a very full scrog

Great write ups! Gives me an idea on what to expect on future grows.

White Crack -

View attachment 671995

View attachment 671996

Yield - 700g

If grown again what would we change: These potentially could have produced the most. They were on the verge of being the perfect height/size.
However we weren't at all agressive enough with plant management early on to properly contain them. ALthough they weren't the tallest strain being run - this tent definitely felt the most 'full'

ideally we'd run less or train harder, but the growth and structure was good indeed. And the quality very nice.

View attachment 671994

Aroma - More on the sour side than the walter - Slghtly skunky general highgrade
Final thought - Good growth, high yield potential, worth another whirl on the mephisto-go-round in future.
White Crack -

View attachment 671995

View attachment 671996

Yield - 700g

View attachment 671994

I'm running 3 of these now boy they look great can't wait to see how mine come out hell can't wait to try some:yay:

White Crack -

View attachment 671995

View attachment 671996

Yield - 700g

View attachment 671994

Can't wait to grow these on my next run, inwas gifted x3 of these when ordering my first seeds,toof decay. Great service I must say.
Do you always run bio tabs? Im using them for my first grow, do you ever use the boom boom spray? Great feed mate enjoyed the read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to grow these on my next run, inwas gifted x3 of these when ordering my first seeds,toof decay. Great service I must say.
Do you always run bio tabs? Im using them for my first grow, do you ever use the boom boom spray? Great feed mate enjoyed the read

We've been biotabs only for what feels like a couple of years now.. , they're a life saver for us. Pretty rarely we'll give a treatment of boom boom spray before flower sets in, just depending if we have the time really.

Cheers!

@mephisto this fills me with so much confidence for my first grow knowing you guys use it.
Thanks,
Keep up the great work guys I can't wait for this journey now.

Back