Sweet Seeds 4d-Rock's Black Cream Autos

Grr...it always seems to be Right around preflower where I run into issues. Am I missing something??? Should I be flushing at some point? having plain waterings between feeds?
Part of the problem is I can’t tell if this is due to a deficiency and I should be upping nutes, or, have I locked out something?

You can see that things are slowly getting worse for the 2 gallon. I know it doesn’t just spring back to normal but I was hoping at least not get worse.
View attachment 1128206
View attachment 1128207

The 3gallon is looking better, but I’m seeing a similar lightening of colour of the lower fans and a bit of curling and dark green of the upper fans. Maybe the early stages of the 2 gallon. Which is getting more yellow in the lower leaves, the stems have turned purple over the last 4 days, and the upper leaves are darker and curled.

I’ve been ph’ing every feed to 5.8-6, and I thought the watering was going alright. Then $h!t hit the fan pretty quick...so frustrating to not be able to get past this point without problems...

...any advice from the guru’s around here would be appreciated
@archie space gemmill @Waira @Dabber @RivetGrrl @Mañ'O'Green
IMO things dont look all that bad I would up MC to 3 or 4 grams per gallon. I always seem to have some yellow fans leafs typically the 1st ones turn like this around day 25 to 30 I just pluck em off. I stopped phing 2 grows ago since I'm using soil.

Keep your feedings the same. Your biggest fish to fry is finding a fungicide like asap. Root rot is moving very fast on the one. I want to help you have a good harvest and I want you to succeed. As far as the qb that's not my area of expertise sorry

:bighug:

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I’ll do what I can to find some fungicide. This may be a bad suggestion but I read that a bit of hydrogen peroxide can help to clear up root issues, as long as you are not growing in an organic soil. Just looking for other options until I can find some.

I think what you said about Pro-mix is interesting and makes sense. I’ve Had a lot of lockout issues I think and it probably could be traced back to the salting up of the medium. I do get minor white growth on the outside of the fabric pots, not so much that it flakes off but still, probably not great for plants. Maybe I’ll have to give coco another try.

If I was to continue to use pro-mix, how do you overcome the salt build up? Use some sort of flush additive every few weeks?

Do not use hydrogen peroxide. It kills almost all of the biome in the pot.

IMO things dont look all that bad I would up MC to 3 or 4 grams per gallon. I always seem to have some yellow fans leafs typically the 1st ones turn like this around day 25 to 30 I just pluck em off. I stopped phing 2 grows ago since I'm using soil.
Ya, especially looking at the 3gallon pot. It even restarted growth today with the leaves perking up again. I did a bit more LST to try and even out the tops.
Here’s day 32
060D03CB-1C82-48B5-B11C-120B03B9090B.jpeg

Im always tentative on increasing the feed, each time I have so far I’ve been getting minor clawing so I’ve backed off.

Do not use hydrogen peroxide. It kills almost all of the biome in the pot.
Gotcha, won’t try it. Gonna keep looking for fungicide and oxygenate my water prior to feeding for now.

Be careful with hydrogen peroxide, you can stress the plants a lot and make them hermaphroditic.

Some tricks: Try not to have a very high humidity. Also, do not have the soil very wet. Water only when the substrate is almost completely dry.

One question, What plan do you have of fertilized?

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

Be careful with hydrogen peroxide, you can stress the plants a lot and make them hermaphroditic.

Some tricks: Try not to have a very high humidity. Also, do not have the soil very wet. Water only when the substrate is almost completely dry.

One question, What plan do you have of fertilized?

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

Ive decided I’m not going to use the hydrogen peroxide. Still don’t have a decent alternative though, getting either Southern ag or Hydroguard is ridiculous for pricing to get where I am.

You can look through this thread for the details of feeding as I’ve pretty much logged them all. But generally I started at 1g/gal MegaCrop and Sweet candy and have increased the MC slowly. I’ve added a touch of CalMag on a few feedings as well. I’ve also been feeding every time with no plain water.

The 3gal I watered last night with 3L that I’ve had oxygenating with a pump for the last 24hrs. Barely any runoff. I’ve upped the feed to 3g/gal MC, Added 0.5g/gal Bud Explosion since it looks like pre-flowering has started, with the 1g/gal Sweet Candy. Total of 625ppm/5.9pH

The 2 gallon seems to be doing better. The top fan leaves are back up and after removing some of the sickly looking fans it doesn’t look bad. Definitely thinner and not as bushy as the other, but I’ll take it. It was feeling light this morning, almost to the point where I was considering watering. I held off and will feed tonight with some bubbled water and moderate nutes, maybe similar to the 3gal.

Day 33
363FC671-022D-468E-B2D9-932556B9F725.jpeg

Looking much improved. Good luck with it, I hope the grow gets back on track.

Another small town Canuk here. The lack of winter access to gardening stuff continues to be a serious PIA for me as well. We have one garden center still active here, but his selection of hydro oriented stuff is very small and incomplete, so not a lot of help. He would be willing to order, he really does try, but by the time his next order gets back, the girls will likely already be chopped. Amazon, whatever its limitations, seems to be the only game in town for me at this time of year.

Looking much improved. Good luck with it, I hope the grow gets back on track.

Another small town Canuk here. The lack of winter access to gardening stuff continues to be a serious PIA for me as well. We have one garden center still active here, but his selection of hydro oriented stuff is very small and incomplete, so not a lot of help. He would be willing to order, he really does try, but by the time his next order gets back, the girls will likely already be chopped. Amazon, whatever its limitations, seems to be the only game in town for me at this time of year.

Thanks!

I pretty much rely on Amazon for a lot of things, and that covers most things but it’s not great for emergency items. As long as things don’t get worse maybe I won’t need the fungicide. I’m seeing still a bit of yellowing with the addition to a few Cal-def like spots. So next watering I’ll give a touch of CalMag as well.

Hey @MissUniverse , you seem to have some experience with Pro-mix so maybe you can answer a question I have. Since Pro-mix seems to salt up fairly regularly, and may be the cause of lockouts I hit around the pre-flower stage, would it be advisable to start using something like Fox Farms Bushdoctor Sledgehammer? Or is there some other flush additive or salt neutralizer that can be used to address this problem? Or would a regular flush do the trick around week 3-4?

Back