Sweet Seeds 4d-Rock's Black Cream Autos

thanks for the tag @4d-Rock ! your girls are looking healthy and definitely perfect for topping if you need the vertical space.
topping = more colas / bushier plant + lst for the even canopy .

check out the link by @autobeast
@budelee also has a pretty good thread:

just my 2 cents:
- most journals ive read using dolomite lime for soil usually uses 1-2tbsp/gallon
- with cobs + megacrop.. CAL MAG is a must! definitely check out the cob sections for more info. lots of gems!

- im still trying to find the sweet spot for the cobs myself! been starting @30" and letting the plants grow up but the node spacing is still a tight. thinking for starting @36" next grow and adjust from there.

goodluck with the grow! :pop:

thanks for the tag @4d-Rock ! your girls are looking healthy and definitely perfect for topping if you need the vertical space.
topping = more colas / bushier plant + lst for the even canopy .

check out the link by @autobeast
@budelee also has a pretty good thread:

just my 2 cents:
- most journals ive read using dolomite lime for soil usually uses 1-2tbsp/gallon
- with cobs + megacrop.. CAL MAG is a must! definitely check out the cob sections for more info. lots of gems!

- im still trying to find the sweet spot for the cobs myself! been starting @30" and letting the plants grow up but the node spacing is still a tight. thinking for starting @36" next grow and adjust from there.

goodluck with the grow! :pop:

Thanks for the links, i've followed autobeast's thread for a while, it's a wealth of info. I'll take a look at that other one too though.

For my previous few grows I went with about 1tbsp/gallon pot and I haven't ran into any major CalMag issues that I've identified since. But I have some CalMag on hand and gave a bit on my last feedings.

I ended up topping both at day 21 between the 5th and 6th. I also noticed that one of the top set of fan leaves are showing some minor clawing which may have been caused from the last increased feed with the extra CalMag.

Here we they are on day 22, a day after topping and they are taking it pretty well.
IMG_4146.jpg

The 2 gallon was ready for it's next feeding, the 3 gallon will probably be ready tonight for it's next feed.
Because of the minor clawing on the top fan leaves I pulled back slightly for the nutrient strength.
I mixed up 2L w 1g/gal Sweet Candy and 2g/gal MegaCrop for a total of 425ppm/5.9pH. There was about 700ml of runoff, so ~35%, maybe that's too much water or maybe I watered a bit early? I didn't check runoff pH or ppm as whenever I do that, i end up making modifications based on it and then mess things up further. Unless I see any issues, I'm going to try to just keep good stuff going in.

I may start some LST and maybe trim some of the big fan leaves either tonight or tomorrow since they seem to be recovering well from topping.

Day 23 and the 3gallon needed another feeding. About the same strength at a total of 2g/gal MC and 450ppm/6.0pH

Here's before LST
1495AA47-5540-401F-AFF2-CBEE50E2D011.jpeg

And after LST
5F28FBB7-4947-4DB4-AF42-BF915C79DF19.jpeg

Day 24
328739FA-8E09-4218-849D-A0976F45411D.jpeg

At Day 25 the 2gallon was ready for the next feed. It's drinking faster that's for sure. Stayed at the same strength as above, though the next round of feed might be upped to 2.5g/gallon. Training is going ok, I'm trying to pull down all the branches as they stretch out. The topmost two nodes are still short on both plants and will pull down to level when able.

5585291D-606F-4A4E-B946-12D995BF3DFA.jpeg

I've also rearranged the lighting from the 2x2 space to the 2x3 space to give a bit more space to train. I have both COBs as high as I can get them in the tent, one above each plant with the 135W QB288 in the center but currently off. Question for anyone reading, if I was to turn on the QB, would it be detrimental to the plants or help? Current lux is about 18k at top of each plant, when I turn on the QB it jumps up to 40k. My guess is that it would maybe bush out and not stretch as much, if it doesn't start curling the leaf edges up that is. Or is the best plan for this setup to stay with the less intense COBs throughout LST and the stretch, and once it finishes the stretch, turn on the QB for the switch into flowering?
E129F91A-1450-40CC-B731-64329CFD4490.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey all,
since the last update, I turned on the Quantum board. All lights are currently about 24” from the tops, and that’s as high as I can get them in the tent. Also, I’ve bumped up the feeds to 2.5g/gallon megacrop. With the 50ppm base, 1g/gallon Sweet candy, it brought by total tds to about 540ppm, 5.9pH.

I’ve been working on the LST daily. They are still need a bit more work, I’m trying to level out the canopy but the side branches need to grow a bit more and I’ll keep those top branches tethered.

The 3 gallon pot has been overall ahead in growth. Not sure if it’s all due to the size of the pot but is making me consider getting some more 3 gallon fabrics.

Here we are at Day 29
8A586F76-38C4-46D9-8493-7CFD9B17AB12.jpeg

Hey everyone. I've noticed over the past coupled days the plants are getting very droopy. It looks similar to overwatering, though I don't think it is because I've been waiting 3-4 days between watering, and lifting up the pots to make sure they are close to needing it. I did add the quantum board, but that would usually results in curling up of leaves, not down like this. I have also been steadily increasing nutrient strength but I don't think to extreme levels, and it's not really the typical clawing or burnt tips.

It always seems to be about now, late veg and into pre-flower where I run into issues. Is there some piece of the puzzle I'm missing. Should I be doing anything different than what I've posted so far?

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated!

Thought I would post some example pics.
Here’s from last night
5B2BEFBD-080B-403E-9CD7-213F70D74AA9.jpeg

And here is from this morning. Which is about 4 hours away before lights out, I know sometimes dropping can occur before lights out, this just seems more extreme.
227969F0-E603-49D6-9ECD-94A8DED5EAE5.jpeg

Also, the 3 gallon on the left was watered with 3L last night. The 2 gallon on the right had been watered 2 days prior to the picture, and would normally be ready for watering tonight or tomorrow.

How much runoff are you getting while feeding 3l of mix? Almost looks like overwatering to me, maybe try feeding each plant 2L every 2-3 days. You could also turn the QB back off and see if that’s the culprit. If the plants perk back up without the light, you could try dimming the QB to a lower power.

Love Sweet Seeds, watching your grow with interest. Did you mix extra perlite into the promix? That's the only issue I've had with pre-mixed soils.
I did add a little, maybe 5-10% extra perlite

How much runoff are you getting while feeding 3l of mix? Almost looks like overwatering to me, maybe try feeding each plant 2L every 2-3 days. You could also turn the QB back off and see if that’s the culprit. If the plants perk back up without the light, you could try dimming the QB to a lower power.

I’ve been feeding the 3gal 3L, and the 2 gallon pot 2L, though last time I gave it 2.5L to make sure I was getting sufficient runoff.
Maybe that made it too wet?

But I just checked on them, lights just came on and here is what they look like.
CA065E73-7C91-4D92-AB53-126239AECF28.jpeg

5869194C-F63F-43C6-AD54-8EAD4801CD55.jpeg

The 3gal is still heavy from last nights watering, but the 2gal was bone dry, I didn’t lift it last night so maybe it was already needing some? Also I noticed a spot or two that may be The start of some cal def.
So I watered 2L (50ppm start), Added 100ppm CalMag, 1g/gal Sweet Candy, and 2g/gal Megacrop for a total of 525ppm/5.8pH
From the 2L I measured about 300ml Runoff, my collection container wasn’t clean but I checked it anyways and was 850ppm/6.2pH. Not sure if that’s off enough to worry.

I turned off the QB as well to see if that might help, I’ve heard that when problems arise, more light can sometimes amplify the issue.

Now it’s the waiting game...

Attachments

• 0C11AAF1-2DC2-47F4-BD7D-45276BA72280.jpeg
    0C11AAF1-2DC2-47F4-BD7D-45276BA72280.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 41
  • FD6D8409-3AD7-46C7-AECC-83274F0677F4.jpeg
    FD6D8409-3AD7-46C7-AECC-83274F0677F4.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Grr...it always seems to be Right around preflower where I run into issues. Am I missing something??? Should I be flushing at some point? having plain waterings between feeds?
Part of the problem is I can’t tell if this is due to a deficiency and I should be upping nutes, or, have I locked out something?

You can see that things are slowly getting worse for the 2 gallon. I know it doesn’t just spring back to normal but I was hoping at least not get worse.
7EE38D16-91D1-449F-8D86-5FBCE2C0B95D.jpeg

EB875AFB-0EAA-4FAD-98CA-4C9307912431.jpeg

The 3gallon is looking better, but I’m seeing a similar lightening of colour of the lower fans and a bit of curling and dark green of the upper fans. Maybe the early stages of the 2 gallon. Which is getting more yellow in the lower leaves, the stems have turned purple over the last 4 days, and the upper leaves are darker and curled.

I’ve been ph’ing every feed to 5.8-6, and I thought the watering was going alright. Then $h!t hit the fan pretty quick...so frustrating to not be able to get past this point without problems...

...any advice from the guru’s around here would be appreciated
@archie space gemmill @Waira @Dabber @RivetGrrl @Mañ'O'Green

Back