Mephisto Genetics 420 Mephisto Grow Off: MAN BEAR ALIEN PIG EDITION

So due to me having to up and move in the next few weeks I decided to chop early on my indoor grow. This being my first grow I can say I've learnt alot, for certain it's been a very enjoyable process and I'm delighted to have gotten my feet wet.

In order to try and quicken the rate of trichrome maturation I incorporated several techniques that are supposed to enhance the process. I switched them to 12/12 for two days then down to 8/16 for two days then I finally put them in total darkness for 72 hours. Supposedly the change in the length of the dark period and a subsiquent drop in temps can trigger a speeding up of maturity of the trichrome as the plant believes it's entering shitty weather times so it matures fadter. I'm not too sure about the validity of this but I was willing to try anything to maximise my early harvest so I placed ice atop the coco to help reduce the temps even further and do a kind of ice flush.

I also added bananas into my tent cause they release ethylene gas which can but exploited to help quicken the ripening of other fruits so the logic here is that there is a similar effect with the terps and they "ripen" faster or some shit. Grasping at straws here as you may tell haha.

The light I was using for this grow was supposedly 300w but after investigation it pulls less than 90w so it's bullshit.

On the bright side my outdoor piggies look very nice! Thickening up very nicely :)

The first pic is my indoor MBAP, the other plant harvested is a beary white.
c5c3c1b6ad6ccb4409d22a8b325f7be1.jpg
73c128f8d81a00f97181d874a2e4d4d6.jpg
b7dbac6bf5491594ce27d96a2bbbc391.jpg
c10bdb8c8a00c30e8f74cf2eb8a7a7f4.jpg
dd33ed53f6f733f9d312cde1efd7e1ea.jpg
abf0bea3a5790f10a621737a1b5d1d18.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Outdoor plant are whoppers, look a little hungry. Careful of those early chopped plants, if you get paranoid that early chop stuff will get you. I did that a few years back once and it was interesting!

Supposedly the change in the length of the dark period and a subsiquent drop in temps can trigger a speeding up of maturity of the trichrome as the plant believes it's entering shitty weather times so it matures fadter.
I've heard that too, my theory is that the plant keeps putting out resin in the dark, and it's not being continuously destroyed by the light, so there probably could be a noticeable increase in potency

Once the plant has been chopped, it doesn't put out any more resin. It's dead. It begins the decarboxylation process and converts the non psychoactive form of THCa into delta9-THC. You are also getting rid of chlorophyll with a slow dry and cure.

Since you cut it down early, you probably have some CBGa and/or CBG. CBG gives me that crazy quick onset, a racy buzz. It also helps settle my IBS down almost instantly. @Veryhappyboy3434

Slow dry and cure being key if you want to retain potency and terpenes. I've tried the days in dark on many separate occasions and haven't noticed any increase in resin content. The terpenes should be better after a dark period, which is typically cooler than daytime.

/my two cents

Nice nug stonehead..
I am loving this strain right now. Like, at this very second. Ha. (Yum)
54 days. Gee whiz dat's quick!
Cool contrasting dual images.
Good idea!
Mind if I borrow it?
Immitation...... sincerest flattery.......
You know......
Lol

[emoji111] [emoji271]
mg

Jah Strength
mg

https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/59051/

check out my first grow. [emoji271]

Borrow if you wish lol. 54 days under 3k 90cri cree leds and mostly cloudy with a few ambers on the trichs

Borrow if you wish lol. 54 days under 3k 90cri cree leds and mostly cloudy with a few ambers on the trichs
Gracias, hombre.

Mine ran 87 days: mostly cloudy. Signs of amber.

Ya know, that reminds me that I really need to to wrap up my MBAP "log", to use the term generously. It's pretty thin.[emoji15]
My bad.

But yeah, 54, that's nuts. Tell me a little more about that light. "I'll show ya mine if ya show me yours." Oh sh*#. Sorry...lol.

I think it's decent, and I had a revelation (an anvil dropped on my head!) yesterday about my previous piss poor plant problems, exonerating the cob. Will post on my thread. Expecting (getting!) better results moving forward.

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/all/products/johnson-grow-lights-cx-9

Got some $$ off, price matching or I woulda got the 6 burner unit. Digging the 9x.

Better get on that log... um ..right after this Huge Auto Livers puff (Smoothest smoke ever. NO caugh. Mind blown)...oh...and I gotta eyeball the mamacitas real quick. Ha!

Respect,
mg[emoji111]️[emoji271]
119b1aed99d521f75416e7844557daa5.jpg

So quick smoke report after the buds I cut for a test dried up now.
Smoked about a 1.5g blunt and let me tell you this is some good stuff. The high is so relaxing and cerebral-bodyish it just makes you feel good. My wife that needs a good amount to smoke said it relaxed her, she has some bad anxiety and this is some good stuff.
The taste is good most definitely her taste and smell will get better after a cure.
The flowers are semi-dense a 8 of 10, probably what I cut for testing is about 7 grams.

I will be cutting the rest of the plant later today, she should have some more amber by now. Hopefully she will be some good night time smoke because my wife has a hard time going to sleep.

Back