New Grower 3rd Grow after a 3 year break

algamic is £10/L root juice/heaven £17/250ml algamic seems quite good stuff.my before/during/after tests of rootjuice/heaven conclusion = im no rocket surgeon but if there was any difference i couldnt tell.
:pighug:

algamic is £10/L root juice/heaven £17/250ml algamic seems quite good stuff.my before/during/after tests of rootjuice/heaven conclusion = im no rocket surgeon but if there was any difference i couldnt tell.

Well thats money saved :headbang: My buddy runs a hydro grow with Advanced Nutrients line and is pushing that snake oil on me like the pest lol. He get's decent results, but is it worth the extra investment...?
Oh i also just read that topmax apparently has ca and mg as well, so if thats the problem i got the remedy on the shelf. Will wait and see what people in live chat say i guess..

Update on the Blueberry OG
Dag 68.jpg
A little early to tell, but looks like she's happy... for now.
Only got 1 response from live chat and he said he also thought it looked like Ca def.
Went head and did a very light top dressing with dolomite lime and a new round of nutes.
Tried my luck with 2.5ml/l grow, 1ml/l bloom and 1.5ml/l topmax.
Also did the weekly foliar with algamic and epsom last night, and although she was looking kinda droopy this morning she's all perked up now.

Lil update on the autos at day 70

Getting close to harvest and i'm getting real impatient :smokeit:
The Purple Ryder has pretty much stopped producing buds on the main cola, and trichs at about 50% cloudy. Smells really fruity and sweet :woohoo:
Onyx is still shooting some pistils here and there, but the trichs are pretty much same as the purp. Will prolly chop them at the same time.
Himalaya Blue Diesel is just now starting to thicken up those popcorn buds, so by the looks of it she will get the axe 2-3 weeks after the others.

Also fucked up a bit 3 days ago. Was taking some pictures so i dimmed the light to about 20%... Was completely baked and forgot to turn it back up :crying:
So the last 3 days have been a little lacking in terms of light lol.

Update day 75

Decided to do a partial harvest of the Purple Ryder and Onyx this morning.
Gave them 24h of darkness because i was also flipping the Blueberry OG into flower, and iv'e heard that giving a dark period before the switch can help reduce a bit of stretch.

No surprise at the low weigh in, but was hoping the main colas were a little heavier :crying:
Oh well, you can't win every time. Looks like these colas will give me aprox 10-15g dry total. They had not gotten water the last 6 days, so hopefully they were already a bit dry.
Hanging in my small tent now at 21c and 50% RH. Hopefully they won't dry too fast and i will get a good cure going.
Wish me luck!

I'm thinking of cutting the rest of the Onyx and Purple Ryder in a week or 2, will have to see if they develop any more.
The HBD is still beefing up, so no idea when she will be done.
Blueberry OG is doing okay i guess... Can't quite figure out the right nute levels for this picky girl. Also read that this strain is not really for beginners as she can be quite demanding when it comes to feeding.
I'll just have to make the best of it and see where it goes. She definitely has a cal/mag def, so i ordered a bottle of Plant Magic CalMag.
Tried supplementing with molasses/dolomite lime, but i'm still seeing some new blotches appear here and there.
Also the gnats are back >.< It seems they really like the AirPot, because they can lay eggs in every single hole around the pot...
Maby try wrapping the pot in mousquito net so they cant get in the holes?

Day 78

Ended up chopping the Onyx and Purple Ryder after Onyx decided to herm on me after the partial harvest.
20180905_180132.jpg Nanners...
They were pretty much done, so no biggie.
Gonna let the HBD go a few more days, but i have a feeling she could have gotten pollinated too :cuss:

Dag 78 (12).jpg :woohoo1:

Will post some pics of the Blueberry and HBD tomorrow. Night time in the tent right now.
Blueberry is still showing signs of mg/cal def, but i finally got my bottle of calmag today, so hopefully that will be resolved soon.
Also got some DE which i mixed in with a bit of soil and topdressed. These fucking gnats man...

As for the next grow, my friend finally convinced me to go hydro lol.
His setup with 2 buckets, an airpump and 2 air stones was like 60 bucks.
He's been sending me pictures from early veg, and they grow SO much faster than in soil. I'm completely sold.
Plan is to run deep water culture with a top feed for early veg.
Can't wait to try it out in a few months when the Blueberry is done.

Attachments

• Dag 78 (13).jpg
    Dag 78 (13).jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Dag 78 (14).jpg
    Dag 78 (14).jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 130
Day 86 (12F)

Seems i got this girl dialed in about right just as she was getting into flower.
The ca/mag def is gone after 1 treatment with cal/mag+ and she is looking a lot happier now.
Bought myself an Adwa EC meter as well, which should make problem solving a lot easier in the future!
Any thoughts on what kind of harvest i can expect from a plant this size? Like 100-200g if i do everything right?
Never grown a plant this big lol. The trunk is maby 3x the thickness of my thumb :woohoo1:

i think dolomite lime is slow acting,or needs to break down or something.may also raise ph over time.bottle of calmag should see faster results,well to my logic anyways.
she a nice looking plant,and with quite a ways to go yet :thumbsup:
keep er lit.

Back