New Grower 2x2 Tent-Best LED that wont break the Camels Back?

That is what we call electricity in Ontario Canada Hydro,. I did not notice but the dude above already posted what it is.
fuckin hell thats still a lot for leccy. theyre trying to force us to install smart meters. get folk round every couple weeks saying ill eventually be taken to coyrt for not fitting one. well you just feel free pal. be a hundred years before the court catches up with the other few million folk smart enough to refuse them. :)

Remember when a gram a watt you were king of the hps. I will in 2018 be slowly moving over to all cob. That is where the weight is and the savings. I had a 5000.00 dollar hydro bill in 6 months but I live in Ontario Canada where they are gouging us and they have a two tier system one that can read the meters from a satellite and one where they estimate using Februarys bill and give you a bill on guestimation of use UNREAL. I am tier two.
Would you say Mars Guts are cheapO compared to AutoCob 3500 guts @F.N. I also heard about cobgrowlights.com Growthstarspider Cob-they show 50 true watts and free shipping for 125 a piece-Im still pretty unsure but its coming down to the wire..haha

Last edited:
Building your own, you can come away pretty cheap with some great lighting. What does the Mars 300 cost, about 70/80 bucks? For a little more it should be possible to assemble a nice 100-150w cob setup.

Example:
COB: CXM-32-40-70-54 ~34,-
Driver: HLG-150H-54 ~65,-
Misc Electronics scrap, like an old-ish cpu fan ~20-30,-

That'd be a dimmable 150w single cob light. For something like that you certainly have to use a tower style cooler and have it actively cooled.

It's basically 1$/w for cobs atm.
Can you rec any youtube tuts? This sounds amazing!

Building your own, you can come away pretty cheap with some great lighting. What does the Mars 300 cost, about 70/80 bucks? For a little more it should be possible to assemble a nice 100-150w cob setup.

Example:
COB: CXM-32-40-70-54 ~34,-
Driver: HLG-150H-54 ~65,-
Misc Electronics scrap, like an old-ish cpu fan ~20-30,-

That'd be a dimmable 150w single cob light. For something like that you certainly have to use a tower style cooler and have it actively cooled.

It's basically 1$/w for cobs atm.

The cooler that I am using integrates hydroponic solution and stacks plants for germination, vegetation, flowering. I mount the cob directly underneath the hydroponic pan made from heat conductive steel along with thermal adhesive. it ends up costing me $27 for the bridgelux vero29 gen7 like growmau plus another $69 for the dimmable meanwell supply to put 100 W of light on a 30 in.² surface area producing 4500 µmol per meter squared per second at the surface of the cob and well above 800 µmol per meter squared per second at the plant canopy. and the whole system fits in the trunk of my four-door sedan.
7930ef733d9e72033b36d92618db86e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can you bring it back to earth, im just a Newb sorry. What are you saying? @Jim Ray

The photosynthetic photon flux density is the unit of measure necessary to compare lights from the weighted curve for plants to photosynthesize. That unit of measurement is micromole per meter squared per second. Otherwise it is like stereos back in the day where one manufacturer advertises peak wattage and another manufacturer advertises RMS wattage. It is not a level playing field. My Meanwell power supply is 96% efficient and delivers 100 W to an individual cob with no problems with heat.

that unit of measurement is also flawed because it doesn’t reach outside of the 400 to 700 nm frequency range. Rumor has it that you can do some neat stuff with ultraviolet below 400 nm, and far red above 700 nm.

Is there a benefit in using 2nd Gen. MCOB over 1st Gen COB Technology? @Jim Ray @BigSm0 @Druid

These guys claim to have a 2nd Gen Technology (MCOB)MultipleChipOnBoard............? https://www.cobgrowlights.com/collections/all

I have absolutely no affiliation with any manufacturer or site,just need to get the facts straight so I can further my research.

Last edited:
Back