New Grower 2x2 Tent-Best LED that wont break the Camels Back?

Regarding the Cobb(no corn intended), i wanted to run a mars 300 for a 2x2x5 tent with Af Fem bean. Do you think a cobb would be more yielding than 1 Mars 300, how many cobbs would be needed for 1 bean in a 2x2x5 tent? I like the fact that only 1 mars is needed for 2x2x5s,from what i gather anyways. Im all up for recs and tips from AFN so if i sound noobish .....I am,all insight is appreciated.

1 mars 300 $65usdW/free shipping
Cobb/s .....?

I use 2 600w mars hydro panels and am,slowly switching over to a DIY cob light. I plan to use less watts and gain more light for my plants to absorb. But my 2 600w panels do the job just fine.
So if i understand correctly your 2 mars 600s are doing just fine ,youll be switching to cobb to save money on electricity...correct?

For one plant in a 2x2 tent I am pretty sure one autocob 3500K will be all you need. I suppose 2 would be even better and once you go there you can look at having two different spectrum lights instead of both the same. One for veg and one for flower. And run them both at the same time maybe. Or just get two 3500K all purpose autocobs. From a shipping perspective you pay the same for 1 cob and 2 so that can mean you might to get two of them.

Do you know if these are better for some reason than any ol led setup? Im not to keen on building leds,drivers,diodes and what not...just kinda needa a plug n play set n forget. Any reason why to get one of these space lights instead of say ....an ol mars 300? Just trying to get a full understanding of whats going on here...I do see all these "space lights" around these days....spacE lightS which is what i'll refer to coBB Tech until i upgrade my grey matter and rethink my inks...Thanks in advance:toke:

Do you know if these are better for some reason than any ol led setup? Im not to keen on building leds,drivers,diodes and what not...just kinda needa a plug n play set n forget. Any reason why to get one of these space lights instead of say ....an ol mars 300? Just trying to get a full understanding of whats going on here...I do see all these "space lights" around these days....spacE lightS which is what i'll refer to coBB Tech until i upgrade my grey matter and rethink my inks...Thanks in advance:toke:

Buy an autocob for $135.

Regarding the Cobb(no corn intended), i wanted to run a mars 300 for a 2x2x5 tent with Af Fem bean. Do you think a cobb would be more yielding than 1 Mars 300, how many cobbs would be needed for 1 bean in a 2x2x5 tent? I like the fact that only 1 mars is needed for 2x2x5s,from what i gather anyways. Im all up for recs and tips from AFN so if i sound noobish .....I am,all insight is appreciated.

1 mars 300 $65usdW/free shipping
Cobb/s .....?

Hi @Chong's Cousin , go for one of the auto cobs its plug and play and will out strip a mars 300w easy. Perfect for one plant in 2x2... cobs (space lights) are a white light (full spectrum... like the sun) which is now proven to be a better spectrum to grow under, like the sun( still a mine field on whats the best, but we can get into that another day)... Mars and other such lights are made up of individual diodes of blue, reds, green, uv etc. Yes it grow plants but not as good a full white a spectrum. Its old tech now.

hey buddy im probably gonna get a bit of stick for this as its admitedly a grossly inacurate way to measure things but bare with me.
at the end of the day what we want from our lightsource is a quality weed and plenty of it. thinking about things in terms of yield, different lights have a different limit to what they can achieve in final weight. i just grew 1 auto at 500g with 540w worth of mars hydro leds. this sounds impressive but in reality i couldnt even get 1 gram per watt and i had a pretty tight grow. very little went wrong at any point.
cob lights on the other hand, given to the right person and asuming all goes well can get closer to 3g per watt. so yes they are a much, much more technically efficient light but at the end of the day they have a limit in terms of grams of weed per watt. the 300w mars light your looking at id imagine is actually around 140w so given that the 55w autocob can pull up to 3 times the weight per watt, the final weight limit is about the same. please also be aware when buying led lights from anyone that you need to know the actual wattage draw of the light. NOT what its advertised as. almost every led manufacturer blatantly lies about the power of their leds. they say “contains 100x10w diodes. wich it will, but they only work at 40% power at very best . most companies lie and advertise it as being full power. others just pull completely ficticious numbers out their arseholes.
i also use 2 of the mars 600w that someone mentioned but i got a sparky to test them. 1 was just over 270w the other was just under. oh and i grow in hydro, its a whole load harder to get your grams per watt growing in pots so take into consideration what your target weight is before buying anything : )

hey buddy im probably gonna get a bit of stick for this as its admitedly a grossly inacurate way to measure things but bare with me.
at the end of the day what we want from our lightsource is a quality weed and plenty of it. thinking about things in terms of yield, different lights have a different limit to what they can achieve in final weight. i just grew 1 auto at 500g with 540w worth of mars hydro leds. this sounds impressive but in reality i couldnt even get 1 gram per watt and i had a pretty tight grow. very little went wrong at any point.
cob lights on the other hand, given to the right person and asuming all goes well can get closer to 3g per watt. so yes they are a much, much more technically efficient light but at the end of the day they have a limit in terms of grams of weed per watt. the 300w mars light your looking at id imagine is actually around 140w so given that the 55w autocob can pull up to 3 times the weight per watt, the final weight limit is about the same. please also be aware when buying led lights from anyone that you need to know the actual wattage draw of the light. NOT what its advertised as. almost every led manufacturer blatantly lies about the power of their leds. they say “contains 100x10w diodes. wich it will, but they only work at 40% power at very best . most companies lie and advertise it as being full power. others just pull completely ficticious numbers out their arseholes.
i also use 2 of the mars 600w that someone mentioned but i got a sparky to test them. 1 was just over 270w the other was just under. oh and i grow in hydro, its a whole load harder to get your grams per watt growing in pots so take into consideration what your target weight is before buying anything : )
3g/w Where? I've seen growmau getting around 2. Just curious

Sendt fra min SM-G950F med Tapatalk

3g/w Where? I've seen growmau getting around 2. Just curious

Sendt fra min SM-G950F med Tapatalk
cant remember to be honest mate so i hit google and couldnt find anythin lol. off the top of my head though, tang and 2.6 from an hs1 is sounding like it mightve happened. i imagine ganjamoto got pretty high up there with that 1kg beast aswell using plasma lights amongst other things. oh and i cant mind his name but theres a dude on youtube that got 1.5 kilo from an auto mazaar.
ive got 810 watts for my next plant so i’ll be quite happy with my 0.9g/p/w anyway lol.

lh and theres a guy called heath robinson that apparently regularly gets 2.2~2.5 on youtube but i havent looked tbh.

Back