Grow Room 2017 PC Micro Grows with Mr. Sparkle

RIP Ashla - 2017 :smoking:
I recently bought sweet seeds auto mix, which gets you 10 mixed auto seeds of different strains from sweet seeds catalog of that year including red ones like Dark Devil. It might be good for strain variety of your grows as well Mr. Sparkle.

Totally agree for people wanting a variety, i'm still setup a bit with Sweet Seeds Genetics though from the seeds i won from a photo comp back in march and one of the festivus contests around Dec, So i still have some Ice Cool's, Cream Mandarin, Cream Mandarin XL's, Big Devil XL's, Red Poison, and a whole whack load of F1 Dark Devils that i made, i still want to pick up some of the Crystal Candies though but couldn't get them through the contests because of my location, which i have no problem buying some on my next general order of auto seeds. I will also hopefully be receiving 3 or so Illuminauto strains from Mephisto in a week or two, so i think we can say i'll have enough to play around with and make my own crosses from.

Love your thread pal,keep it up, I trying to go smaller and smaller,and your screw in led thread had got the brain cells whirling, I thinking of just a veg box to start that will fit 4 1ltr airpotspots, :thumbsup:

Thanks you too, and i would say were one of the few as 99.8% of growers typically go bigger on subsequent grows, which for myself i have consistently gone the other way as my first attempts almost a decade ago were my largest, and quickly decreased in size with what was possible, pretty sure you could fit my last 7-8 grow spaces with room to spare into the same area as my first specific built box as it was a 4'x2' by 6' tall box with two separate chambers powered by t8 floros, which was overkill galore for myself but that's all part of the learning process.

And you can get plenty from 4 1liter pots, which is roughly the same volume as 8 of my smaller pots where like i mentioned above i can get typically 8-9g per plant from them, if you get something going definitely post it over in that thread, i still think i should move that thread to the main lighting section though.

i found your thread today and holy shit pal you got me thinking a lot is possible without a great deal of space i will read through the whole lot later when im stoned in bed on my tablet

F*%& you Bogan, why you treat me so bad.......

Lol alright well haven't thrown up an update in awhile for the PC case's one i wast growing and two i did some changes that seemed to cause a curse to descend so here's the run down.

Decided about a week and a bit ago that i was gonna try and implement a small water pump and distribution lines to top feed plants in this case just like in the bucket, so went ahead and made a mini manifold and started to hook things up.

Well short of it on the first try i ended up killing an arduino then in subsequent fixing killed another arduino, over fed a pump, but was having the arduino freeze where the pump would stay on and everything would lock, so rebuilt and rewired everything at least three times due to the pinouts of different arduinos and moved everything to the back of the case now, also swapped out many relay modules, tried different power supplies, added in separate power supplies, filtering capacitors, optisolation and the works to try and solve this lock up issue that doesn't happen in the bucket, which finally led me to the issue of the I2C communication with the LCD that now due to the distance from my arduino is the cause of the lockup due to the communication dropping and the arduino hanging up looking for that communication, oh and to top it off i lit my first distribution manifold on fire and melted it and gave myself a burn blister "don't ask".

The lcd communication i still need to fix but it runs fine so long as its not hooked up which is fine for now.

So need less to say i completely rebuilt Bogan and even stole the the vero18's out of Ashla to swap into this case, which btw Ashla is now just a empty shell with nothing on in except its hardmounted internal circulation fan, so it may get tossed in a metal recycling bin, or get rebuilt down the road.

Oh and to the end of it my distribution hose is a little to stiff IMO, and due to the manifold layout the pressure between different outputs is different which i expected but will need some tuning.

Anyways have a couple of plants going, the one on the left is a Cream Manderine that im trying to reverse for pollen, but my CS may of been old or degraded so i made a new batch yesterday.
20170820_095654.jpg

Last edited:
Manifold wasn't quite working out so i ordered some stuff that should be better once built but it will be awhile before it gets here. Also we will see if the amount of CS ive sprayed on the one plant will be enough to make it change on its own as it wont get sprayed over the next week as ill be away, i'm not confident it will be enough but we will see.

Lets see if they survive, which the setup that still has issues which i need to rebuild Again....
20170825_174006.jpg

Hey Mr sparkle, I'm really thinking about going back to coco, I know you put dolomite lime in Your coco, I was wondering if you ever have any oh issues or problems with magnesium if so what are your solutions. I dont mind ph'ing and doing all that other stuff, I just think its a pia doing it on a micro scale.

Hey Mr sparkle, I'm really thinking about going back to coco, I know you put dolomite lime in Your coco, I was wondering if you ever have any oh issues or problems with magnesium if so what are your solutions. I dont mind ph'ing and doing all that other stuff, I just think its a pia doing it on a micro scale.
Ph issues not oh

Sorry to heat about your arduino troubles. Maybe i can help out with your i2c lcd problem.
Just pm me :).

Will do, i know there is issues with the stock wire library and such just haven't dived really deep into the possible fixes yet

I use to put dolomite lime in as the stuff i was using was really slow acting and worked well, but i bought some new stuff a ways back and un known to me even though supposedly the same it dissolved a lot quicker which ended up causing issues, so i've been running just straight coco since then, but i have run into the odd pH issue as my nutrient water was dropping my overall ph too low over time especially once the plants were a ways into flower as they were acidified there root zone anyways but i was seeing if i could get away with it which i couldn't.

So even though as you say its a PIA for a micro setting i have been pH my feed water as of late and will be for the next cycle or two to see how things go, but for me its not that bad as i typically only have to fill up my reservoirs once every week and half or so.

Back