Grow Room 2017 PC Micro Grows with Mr. Sparkle

Update, nothing happening much in Bogan other than neglect, two plants haven't really been fed as i was just feed straight water to the plants that were finishing up in it, oh and a couple tomato seedlings which ill probably not need i might move some plants over to this case though.

20170527_145932.jpg

Ashla's doing alright the castings have helped still far from ideal but the roots are healthy some of the plants are a bit under watered and ill increase the starting feed amount for the mix on the next batch which i may just toss out a bunch of these plants to do, or move them over to the other case, also soldered in a new arduino but it has locked up twice with it in so i suspect the RTC as it was also suspect but i have to order some new ones before i can change it, the wiring is better now though so bonus for that.

20170527_150158.jpg

And a harvest shot of a Sweet Seeds - Cream Mandarin that had a rough start but finished well

20170527_150643.jpg

Lol so I guess you could say i've done some changes over the last couple days, so here's my plan.

I chopped all the plants down in both cases with exception of the 4 photo period plants which got a massive trim back along with their roots.
What i was noticing was the current organic amended coco wasn't working and the nutrients were running out quick.

So im starting up a new test to get this dialed a lot quicker so i can see what i can do with it.

First i'm gonna mix up multiple new batches of coco, with the difference being the amount of fertilizer used.
Im using some Gaia Green - All Purpose Fertilizer which is a "4-4-4" and pretty easy to find around my area, the objective being to see how well it does as is with me eventually adding in a bloom fertilizer later on to balance things out, but will use maxibloom at the end of these if i let them go that long. I'll also be adding in some earthworm castings for mainly bacterial content, and a bit of previously used coco coir for the same reason.

As for seeds i'll be running some Dark Devil F1's of the less favorite selection that i made, just as i don't plant on keeping the plants and some will probably be deficient and some will be over fertilized and burnt, but thats how i will find the center point.

So i'll be most likely making up 4-5 different batches of mix using the same base of straight coco coir, earth worm castings and a bit of used coco from the stuff i just removed, and will vary the concentration of the fertilizer.

And this will all happen in Ashla, which is now waiting on a new RTC and is completely empty.

But here is Bogan with the chopped down photoperiods which were re-potted with some re-amended coco.

20170530_165628.jpg

Bogan their coming around this case will be used for over flow from the other and once these plants get big enough i'll either take clones or flower them.

20170603_100116.jpg

Ashla is all ready apart from that arduino parts i need but will run fine as is, all the pots are setup and i will be running 8 pots with concentrations ranging from 0.5 to 4 times the base level of organic fertilizer and all are labeled as such and the far ends will act as a mock "litmus test" per say as it will be easier to tell when the pots will start running out with an under fed pot, and whether at 4 times the base we can fry the plant, oh almost forgot the base level is 15ml or "1 Tbsp" per liter of mix with a cup or two of some Earthworm castings mixed in before i started adding the Gaia Green 4-4-4 fertilizer, so everything is equal apart from the fertilizer concentration, and started 13 seeds the other day with the intention of just taking the one that sprouted quick and ditching the slower ones, but 12 of the 13 have popped just need another half to full day in paper towel before ill plant them, so the left overs ill probably throw into the other case.

20170603_100612.jpg

thanks you two @epenguin Yeah been sampling it a tiny bit as it pretty much at that cure state been enjoying it for headspace where i'm more productive and want to get things done but still focused somewhat, its nice. Compared to the recently finished Ice Cool's that i still have to sample some more of i'll probably grow some cream mandarins again shortly, but then again their different plants and effects.

@hairyman and you went Hard on the likes there lol Thanks, and only have a couple threads but they are just long ones s i prefer a grow long style can then i can always go back and reference myself if needed.

Gonna be a double photo post as i way away and was busy, but first photos are just before i left and the next are after 4 days, now i changed my coding slightly in the previous week to a 650 setpoint and looks like i made them run on the drier side but they survived, so ill be changing the code this week to trigger at 620-625 or so.

Bogan i'll be taking some clones of the photo periods shortly and will flip to 12/12 to see what we have, the autos in this case will go along for the ride.
20170609_082616.jpg

20170613_165018.jpg

Ashla this case is where they were quite dry when i came home with all the plants on the left being a tad wetter than the one on the right due to a not exactly flat tray that warps up on the right, so because of that i cannot yet say if the yellowing of the seedlings on the right hand side is because of the higher fertilizer concentration or if they dryied out too much but either way it definitely didn't help so im gonna run them out till they are either dead or get past this stage, and the whole purpose of finding what concentration to work with.

So lets call this Day 3
20170609_082950.jpg

And This Day 7
20170613_165135.jpg

Bogan trimmed down and took clones of the photoperiods, ill flip shortly to 12/12

20170616_170945.jpg

Ashla is day 10, the plants on the right aren't doing well due to the lack of water mishap so im gonna start a couple new seeds and replace them so i have an accurate test of the fertilizer concentration.

20170616_171205.jpg

Bogan Now on day 3 or so of flower aka 12/12 as i flipped the box on the weekend, surprising the remnant autos in the old reused and amended coco are doing better than the ones in the other case, but again they didn't run as dry.
20170620_170731.jpg

Ashla is coming back around, im gonna mix up a quick EWC tea just to counter any lost bacteria from the dry period a week before, also you can notice i replaces the two plants in the #3x's the 4x came around so ill just leave it.
20170620_171059.jpg

Back