Grow Room 2017 PC Micro Grows with Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle, youre a true grow master-engineer!
I Dont mean to hijack your thread, but you seem to be the most successful pc grower here.
Im thinking of making a pc grow box (big tower 62cm tall) with one 1212 3500k 700ma ~25w, is this enough for one plant at the time, or should i ad one more cob?

You can even look into those new Samsung diode boards going around. Northern Grow Lights or Photon Fantom Designs. Super low profile. Nice heat sink and you got something perfect for a pc case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can even look into those new Samsung diode boards going around. Northern Grow Lights or Photon Fantom Designs. Super low profile. Nice heat sink and you got something perfect for a pc case.
Would be a good option, now if only in stock and a decent bit cheaper and you would see alot of people using them.

Belated update: As nothing much happening

Bogan: Sooo yeah, the new old batch of coco i was starting with had two issues, One it had higher trace salt content even after i flushed it, but i didn't flush fully on the first two pots on the right. Second it also had a high PH, which was due to me, the dolomite lime i was using was a new batch, and turns out it was a heck of a lot faster acting than my old stuff that just leveled things out nicely.

So i ditched the whole thing of coco,and went out last weekend and picked up a bag of canna coco and i'm running it straight, but its a heck of a lot better in all regards, no sand, no salt, no dust and small particles, just good stuff, so re potted all the struggling plants which apart from the issues they were having is another reason they are looking a little haggard, we have new roots shooting out of the bottom of the pots now so by next week we will know how things are going, the two ice cools on the right and the top left seedling aren't doing the best, but maybe they will pull through and not be hampered too much, im doubtful on the icecools though so i might just start some new seeds if they look like they are going that route.

20170406_165928.jpg

Ashla and the C99xDarkDevils are doing good, i flipped the case around to take this shot from the other side as it looks better, there getting close to being done in a couple weeks but i need to figure out how many weeks of flowering its been so far, not that it truly matters, as they will get chopped when they are done.

20170406_165651.jpg

Also started a new build and am half way through it now, just assembly and paint, but ill wait till its all put together and something going in it before posting some pics, it will be fun.

Oh and we got 53g off those last DarkDevils, were i could of run one more plant in the space.

Last edited:
something new is in the works

View attachment 727890
This idea is perfect for me, cause I got ~10 of those lamps laying around after my parents renovated their house.

How is the build going for you, how are you going to set them up? I'm so excited to see how things are going...

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

This idea is perfect for me, cause I got ~10 of those lamps laying around after my parents renovated their house.

How is the build going for you, how are you going to set them up? I'm so excited to see how things are going...

It's gonna be another small, but smaller grow as in a singular "space bucket" at around 0.66sqft just done in my own style, planning to only run one plant maybe two to three max in the future depending, but pretty much have everything i need, i just need to go out and get a 4 pin power connector for convenience of removing the lid easily where the singular fan and led's with heat sinks are mounted, and some more carbon and 3/8 tubing for automatic watering.

The reason i broke them down is just for height considerations, and mounting them to better heatsinks should increase longevity, if i was doing a cabinet where i had some extra height i would just use them as stock with the domes popped off. Reference wise if the lumen output is correct on these they are producing around 130lumens/watt with the driver as my actual measured wattage was only 6w a piece instead of the listed 8w, and the bigger 14w ones are similar, that's pretty good, my cases with the Vero18's are in the 190lumen/watt range but that's before the driver .

The plan though is to run only three of the smaller "8w listed" bulbs, as i want to see what i can get away with on lower wattage "20ish watts total" and if i decide i need more light later, i'll go out and get another lid and make one with more Led's mounted to it, my initial math was wrong due to a miscalculation in my head and i was all setup to run double the amount, which would've been overkill most likely.

But i will start painting only the inside of it tonight most likely, just to block light, as i kinda want to keep the outside in its bright orange "Home De-pot" style.

Really i just was bitten by a bit of spring fever restlessness and needed to build something, as building things whether cars, bikes, or misc projects is my form of meditation and does my soul some good.

So we will see how it turns out, but im not gonna be growing any massive trees lol, more novelty now.

Sounds like a nice small project.

I was thinking on using them as extra lighting for my small cabinet, but wasn't sure how to set them up... I thought on completely disassembling 4 of them like in your picture and then mounting 2 of them on a small plate each and to put them next to my hans panel with a little angle, so that I can get a combination of my panel and the new white lights...

Sounds like a nice small project.

I was thinking on using them as extra lighting for my small cabinet, but wasn't sure how to set them up... I thought on completely disassembling 4 of them like in your picture and then mounting 2 of them on a small plate each and to put them next to my hans panel with a little angle, so that I can get a combination of my panel and the new white lights...

Sounds like an excellent idea, if interested in how to break down the philips specific bulbs here's an imgur gallery with some pics and comments but you have to go to the imgur site for that, they were used in another forum.

Last edited:
So the new bucket build is pretty much done, need to do some tweaks, do some painting, make a carbon filter, and make a container into a water resizior and hook up my mini pump and were good to go, but im gonna want till after the long weekend before i start running it. So im gonna ask the community what seed i should start for it, and ill post pictures and details tomorrow.

Also chopped two of the C99xDarkDevils today, the one went a little dry and then i re watered but, she just said "I'm Done" and started consuming her non crystal fan leafs, the other two will come down in a couple days.

20170411_220746.jpg

Back