Indoor 1Sky's Mephisto, COB (Amare) & Fastbuds GrowBattles: BioTabs vs Adv Nutes & AutoPots vs FiberPots

Hey O1S

Lemme pull up a chair! I'm in for the ride ^_^

:pop:

I've got the Bio PK juice that i'll be top watering in to my plants. Also runing auto pots with plain water in the rez. I've considered when that time comes, i'll raise my 2 pots above the seating in the autopot base to not allow it to get to the water for a day or 2, and when light enough (and it wont be feather light - just lightish with a little bit of weight) i'll give it the top watering (2 litres or so each) and pop back in the seatings.

That was my "plan" for PK additiion.

hope things pick up with the back couple! :d5:

Thanks, Blue. I think the back couple will improve once the roots get to the point that I can feed them again -- so far the pots have retained too much moisture to be hitting them again.

I pretty sure that I'm going to order up some BioPK. Good luck with your plan for raising the pots to dry for a couple of days -- you'll need some kind of support since the pots don't balance well on the edges of the trays. My plan is just to shut off the res until the trays are dry, then top feed the BioPK. Also, I suspect that 2 liters will give you some runoff, unless they're drinking at least that much or more daily from the res. :thumbsup:

Been so busy lately that I can barely keep up with the weekly photo update for the COB, Fastbuds and Mephisto GrowBattles. But all is going well with my 8 girls.
Here's the fiber pot tent feeding on the AN/GP combo mix -- Day 31. Notice that even the sickly, mutant LSD is perking up a bit.
31.tent east.JPG
31.F LSD A.JPG

The star in this group, and fastest grower, is the Sour Crinkle:

31.F SC g.JPG
31.F SC h.JPG

Fastbuds Blackberry is also doing just fine:

31.F BB c.JPG
31.F BB W.JPG

Last but not least is the other Mephisto, the Creme Bubbly:

31.F CB a.JPG
31.F CB b.JPG

That's it for this tent. They're drinking about 1.5 liters each per day, and are currently on the Day 20-30 Phase of the Nutrient Program. They get misted daily mostly with RO water; some days I add Boom-Boom spray, some days Optic Foliar.
Cheers.

And now for a look into the other tent, containing the AutoPot Mephistos in their side-by-side comparison of Biotabs (on the right) vs Advanced Nutrients with GreenPlanet Nutrients (on the left):

31.test west b.JPG
31.test west c.JPG

Quite a difference, eh? It will be interesting to see if time tends to equalize these or if the Biotabs will continue to "out grown" the AN/GP. Based on my previous grow, this is NOT what I was expecting. But, we'll see. Here's more of a side-by-side. First, the two Creme Bubblys:

31.AN CB a.JPG
31.AB CB a.JPG

And now the two Sour Crinkles:

31.AN SC.JPG
31.AB SC.JPG

The two Biotab gals have only just started sipping lightly on the reservoir. The two AN/GP gals are still being hand-fed from the top. All have their air-domes on.
Thats it for now. Happy growing everyone.

After reading that intro I don't know if I have the energy to watch you work. I have a feeling that's what you're going to be doing towards the end of this grow is working your ass off. I really have to commend your effort to learn every growing style there is in your first year [emoji848][emoji16]

Where I'm currently growing
Where I'll be Nov 1st

After reading that intro I don't know if I have the energy to watch you work. I have a feeling that's what you're going to be doing towards the end of this grow is working your ass off. I really have to commend your effort to learn every growing style there is in your first year [emoji848][emoji16]

Where I'm currently growing
Where I'll be Nov 1st
You're so right about the extra work involved. Wouldn't be possible if I wasn't retired. And you can be sure, this can't continue indefinitely. I'm hoping to find systems that work well and that I can dial in to a routine that's relatively easy to follow.

I'm always straight in the mornings when working on the tents and feeding programs, and yet I still find myself making "oopsy" mistakes with proportions and often forgetting some step with the environmental tasks. Oh well, they are WEEDS after all, and they seem quite tolerant of my novice handling.
:coffee::smiley1:

The Autopot/Biotabs girls are looking great :smoking::thumbsup:. I'm interested in the Amare 450 for my 4x4 tent, since when do you have yours? Since the last grow or?

@auto noob
many tabs did you use in the auto pots

These are the standard 15 ltr pots, and I just followed the directions and put in 2 tabs (one in each corner) after loading up the pots with the recommended mix of their powders. I also have the AirDomes in the bottom nicely surrounded by clay pebbles. THis is only my 2nd run with AutoPots and my 2nd with BioTabs, just still getting a feel for things.

interested in the Amare 450 for my 4x4 tent, since when do you have yours? Since the last grow or?

@Ryker604 I started growing in February of 2017 -- total noob, first time ever. I did a lot of research prior (like for a couple of years), and decided to start with coco and LEDs. The Amare 450 was my choice, and so that's all I know. But I liked it so much than when, right after my 1st grow in May, I decided to start up a 2nd tent, there was no question in my mind but to go ahead and get a 2nd Amare 450.

Got a problem here, and am looking for any diagnosis or suggestions. My Mephisto Sour Crinkles in AutoPots are showing yellow leaves -- one (the BioTabs gal) is really hurting. This started about 5 or 6 days ago, and is accelerating rapidly. The leaves affected are not exclusive at the bottom, but rather some at the bottom and most around the middle. The plant is 45 days old and in early flowering mode.

41.AB-SC a.JPG
41.AB-SC b.JPG
41.AB-SC c.JPG
41.AB-SC e.JPG

Is this a cal-mag deficiency? A nitrogen deficiency? The sister Sour Crinkle plant is showing some yellow-ish fading, but not the severity shown above. The sister is on my Advanced Nutrients program and gets regular cal-mag. Here is what she looks like:

41.AN-SC a.JPG
41.AN-SC c.JPG

What's interesting to me is that the two other Mephistos in this tent are Creme Bubbly, same age, but not showing any of these yellowing symptoms.

Yesterday I gave the Biotabs gal, the one that's really showing severe problems, a top feed of 1 liter with 5 ml Orgatrex and 2 ml of nitrogen rich cal-mag. Too soon to tell is that's helping or not.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Back