Indoor 1Sky's Mephisto, COB (Amare) & Fastbuds GrowBattles: BioTabs vs Adv Nutes & AutoPots vs FiberPots

The seedlings have been under humidity domes until 2 days ago -- and the leaf deformations happened while under domes. So I'm not thinking humidity is the problem. I'm thinking either the positioning of the light (which seems unlikely) or maybe a reaction to some of the early nutes & sprays. Really don't have a good idea.

Hey man, why did you keep domes on them? I thought the domes were only required while germing, as soon as first sets of leaves show they should be kept off permanently. Pretty sure that's why they don't look on point. What's the ambient rh in the tent?

Best wishes and karma dude

Hey man, why did you keep domes on them? I thought the domes were only required while germing, as soon as first sets of leaves show they should be kept off permanently. Pretty sure that's why they don't look on point. What's the ambient rh in the tent?

Best wishes and karma dude
Yipes, what was I thinking? For some reason I got it in my head that I needed to keep humidity up real high for the early seedling growth. But as I look back over my previous grows, I see that I didn't do that. And looking at some of the info on the web, and some of the other grow journals here, I see that you're in the majority opinion that the domes are not needed after you've got leaves. Now I agree with you, the plants got too much water -- but probably more 'cause of the domes than from the overly wet soil. Anyway, I won't be making that mistake again. Thanks.
:point:
The RH in my tents run between mid-50 and low-60. The temps range between around in the mid 70s F (mid 20s C). I've been slowing raising ambient tent humidity to try to get (and hold) the balance between RH and Temp to keep the Vapor Pressure Deficit in the "green zone".
:stir:

Yipes, what was I thinking? For some reason I got it in my head that I needed to keep humidity up real high for the early seedling growth. But as I look back over my previous grows, I see that I didn't do that. And looking at some of the info on the web, and some of the other grow journals here, I see that you're in the majority opinion that the domes are not needed after you've got leaves. Now I agree with you, the plants got too much water -- but probably more 'cause of the domes than from the overly wet soil. Anyway, I won't be making that mistake again. Thanks.
:point:
The RH in my tents run between mid-50 and low-60. The temps range between around in the mid 70s F (mid 20s C). I've been slowing raising ambient tent humidity to try to get (and hold) the balance between RH and Temp to keep the Vapor Pressure Deficit in the "green zone".
:stir:

You'll be fine from now on then Sky, just thought you had low rh, but 50s is perfect IMO.

Have they picked up now they're out the domes?

You'll be fine from now on then Sky, just thought you had low rh, but 50s is perfect IMO.

Have they picked up now they're out the domes?

Yep, indeed. They (8 plants) showed noticeable improvement once I finally removed all their domes. I think they'll make it OK. But all are running at least a week to 10 days "behind" in terms of their growth relative to age. Good news is .... it kinda removes the anticipation and pressure of the GrowBattles that they are competing in, if you know what I mean.
:thanks: Jay. :pass:

Sorry to hear that about your seedlings, but at least we all get to learn something here. Well, I've learnt a thing about humidity domes if that makes it any easier :toke: (I know it doesn't :pighug:).

Its day 22, the beginning of week 4 for all the girls. They'll be late bloomers to say the least - probably about 10-14 days slow for their age. Here's the Fiber-Pot team; the two Fastbuds ladies and then the two Mephisto gals:

22.F FBs.JPG
22.F Mephs.JPG

The LSD is laughable. You're probably wondering why I don't just yank her out & use the space for something new. Umm, I probably should. The Blackberry will be fine. The two Mephistos are doing better, with Sour Crinkle actually being fairly respectable. I probably give one of them a topping soon.

At 22 days, the AutoPot team is showing marked differences between the Biotabs gals and the Advanced Nutrients / GreenPlanet (AN/GP) gals. Here's the tent shot, Biotabs on the bottom:

22.Tent West.JPG

The difference between the two nutrient styles is really surprising to me. The BioTab gals are doing WAY MUCH better - with the Sour Crinkle actually being within a inch or two of turning on the reservoir and airdome -- and not too far off schedule. I don't understand why the AN/GP gals are so much worse off -- especially since their Fiber-Pot cousins are doing noticeably better, and since my last grow using AN/GP produced stellar results from day 1 on. I can only blame the humidity domes for the issues.

Here's a closer look at the Biotab gals:

22.AB CB.JPG
22.AB SC.JPG

And then the two AN/GP gals:

22.AA CB.JPG
22.AA SC.JPG

What a difference, eh? Happy growing everyone. See ya later.

Hey O1S

Lemme pull up a chair! I'm in for the ride ^_^

:pop:

My only very real concern about Bio PK and the tea is that I'm running the BioTabs part of this grow in AutoPots -- which use tiny tubes and valves to bottom feed the plants from a reservoir

I've got the Bio PK juice that i'll be top watering in to my plants. Also runing auto pots with plain water in the rez. I've considered when that time comes, i'll raise my 2 pots above the seating in the autopot base to not allow it to get to the water for a day or 2, and when light enough (and it wont be feather light - just lightish with a little bit of weight) i'll give it the top watering (2 litres or so each) and pop back in the seatings.

That was my "plan" for PK additiion.

hope things pick up with the back couple! :d5:

@Ryker604 Damn domes. Can't believe I buggered up both tents and turned my 3 GrowBattles into a one-man "Special Olympics" event. :crying: But learning is good. :cheers:

:crying: What can you do mate, will be better :pighug:. The Sour Crinkles are lookin' mighty fine tho, both of them :thumbsup:.

Back