and if he told you to put your hand in a fire would you ? :crying: sorry to hear about the dreaded rot yoz but is it that surprising in that amazon rainforest you call a tent :growing:and hand watering your a glutton dude there is a solution a few growers swear by its called bud rot stop ive got some never had to use it yet you can use it on buds directly infected with rot it eats the rot making the buds safe to smoke

Hand on fire @Wile e Peyote ?
Hmmm - let me think about it.
:pighug:

I actually have something specifically for bud rot in my toolbox.
Problem being, I actually have to open up the main cola to even see it.

So spraying just ain't going to get in there.

Or do you mean post-harvest, to clean them up and make them consumable?

But let me qualify the extent of the budrot/mold
It is not visible - not unless you rip the bud open.
So it is in its infancy.
We're talking mold abortion, its so premature.
It is very isolated - top of main cola only, where you normally get 4+ golf ball sized buds stuck together that give the appearance of being a single, donkey dick sized, show bud.

I only discovered it because I 'had a feeling'.
The buds looked like the perfect storm for it to happen.

So .. really ... The loss is minimal.

BUT ... It's one of those things that can get away on ya if you're not on top of your game, and often precaution is better than cure, so I might even throw the abortion clinic girls into an early chop as a form of 'isolation' to prevent them influencing the other ladies.

EDIT:
Budrot/mold also has a very specific smell.
One which - after my epic catalogued battle with caterpillars in my outdoor adventures - I am HIGHLY sensitive to, and ever vigilant for! [See. manic paranoia]

If even just a couple of microns of that odour hit my olfactory receivers, and I'm fucking bolt upright, eyes wide open, and on the hunt for it, not resting until its been located!

Last edited:
Hand on fire @Wile e Peyote ?
Hmmm - let me think about it.
:pighug:

I actually have something specifically for bud rot in my toolbox.
Problem being, I actually have to open up the main cola to even see it.

So spraying just ain't going to get in there.

Or do you mean post-harvest, to clean them up and make them consumable?

But let me qualify the extent of the budrot/mold
It is not visible - not unless you rip the bud open.
So it is in its infancy.
We're talking mold abortion, its so premature.
It is very isolated - top of main cola only, where you normally get 4+ golf ball sized buds stuck together that give the appearance of being a single, donkey dick sized, show bud.

I only discovered it because I 'had a feeling'.
The buds looked like the perfect storm for it to happen.

So .. really ... The loss is minimal.

BUT ... It's one of those things that can get away on ya if you're not on top of your game, and often precaution is better than cure, so I might even throw the abortion clinic girls into an early chop as a form of 'isolation' to prevent them influencing the other ladies.
good idea yoz to chop the naughty culprits early but that bud rot stop is sprayed on till your plants are dripping wet(its also meant to protect against bud rot) its good bacteria eats the bud rot you can spray it 4 hours before you chop (lights out) then harvest or carry on growing might be worth looking into if you carry on with your bulging tent :smoking:

good idea yoz to chop the naughty culprits early but that bud rot stop is sprayed on till your plants are dripping wet(its also meant to protect against bud rot) its good bacteria eats the bud rot you can spray it 4 hours before you chop (lights out) then harvest or carry on growing might be worth looking into if you carry on with your bulging tent :smoking:

Yeah - the stuff I have you spray liberally on them in non-daylight hours, and its 'good bacteria', which is 100% organic and so safe to consume as well.
Might be very similar stuff.

Hmmm ... Maybe I could spray it immediately the lights go off.
That will give it 4 hours to soak in before sunrise.

Struggling to see a downside now you mention it.

Yeah - the stuff I have you spray liberally on them in non-daylight hours, and its 'good bacteria', which is 100% organic and so safe to consume as well.

people freak out when they hear bud rot I had it a couple of grows back (self inflicted) and looked at that many articles on the stuff it made my head spin but one that did stick in my head was one were this fella was saying mold spores are everywhere you cant avoid them they just need the right conditions to turn into mold chances are your tent is full of them your house little feckers are everywhere but some one who is healthy

I had bud rot a few grows ago I still smoked most of it :rofl: besides coughing up a lung or three I'm good:smoking:

UPDATE: Day 79

LIGHTING: ... 4 X 600W
SCHEDULE: ... 20/4
TEMPERATURE: ... ~ 23°C [+/-5°C]
HUMIDITY: ... ~ 45 RH% [+/-10 RH%]
POT/MEDIUM: ... 30 litre pots with BioBizz Light Mix

NUTRIENTS:
Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B @ 2.0 ml/l​
Advanced Nutrients Sensizym @ 1.0 ml/l
Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 1.0 ml/l
Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin @ 1.0 ml/l
Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy @ 1.0 ml/l
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud @ 1.0 ml/l
Advanced Nutrients Nirvana @ 1.0 ml/l
Aptus CaMg Boost @ 0.5 ml/l

OR ...

Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish @ 2.0 ml/l

WATER pH: ... 6.5
QUANTITY: ... 2.5 litres

Right.
Things are getting a little hectic, so if I disappear for a few days - you'll know why.

Currently wrestling with mold inspired DEFCON 1, plus split feeds.
For those about to meet their maker, it's flushing time.
For those still needing some tent time, it's the standard menu.

Anyway here's something to whet your appetite.
Please forgive me for the self indulgent file size, but I didn't want to diminish the impact. The girls are in their Sunday best, and deserve to be admired.

No guesses for what I've started doing :pighug:

@DutchPassionTony - I think you might enjoy these ...

PpqsVGf.jpg

mqNJlgT.jpg

n8Lvhte.jpg

rFUE6QR.jpg

9q3MqyP.jpg

EaGl65q.jpg

rgc7PYc.jpg

BwMpSKm.jpg

041XohY.jpg

jdzmzKY.jpg

roIIwTp.jpg

Om3vWZi.jpg

m9us2Wy.jpg

Last edited:
My new 'toy'.
A dedicated tent for drying.

120x120x200
extractor fan
dehumidifyer
drying net

Temp stable at ~20.5°C
RH stable at ~47%

Now I don't have to panic about the harvest and try to do it super quick to use the one tent.
I can take my time and leave some girls plumping up for as long as they need.

Should have done it AGES ago!

secador_closed.JPG
secador_open.JPG

A-trimming we will go, a-trimming we will go
(Heigh-ho, the derry-o, a-trimming we will go
A-trimming we will go, a-trimming we will go)
We'll chop the girl, and do a twirl
And then we'll dry her slow

7OrDGkY.jpg

Back