Indoor x5 Blackberry Auto Run (FastBuds)

Slight burning is fine. My most 'nute burned' plant produced the nicest buds so its not a deal breaker. I'm currently at an EC of around 1.6 and just started bloom nutes. There's a bit of tip burn, but they're good.
I burnt a beautiful 100x100 scrog with 2 og kush and 2 white widows by giving them about 1.6 ec on mid bloom... Pistils turned brown quick and they didnt swell... It was potent and nice smoke but only 200g instead of the usual 400-500... So dont wana burn again!

I just fed 0.9 ec 5.8 ph
Runoff 0.9 and 6.7 ph (was 6.5 last nights runoff)

How should i correct?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I burnt a beautiful 100x100 scrog with 2 og kush and 2 white widows by giving them about 1.6 ec on mid bloom... Pistils turned brown quick and they didnt swell... It was potent and nice smoke but only 200g instead of the usual 400-500... So dont wana burn again!

I just fed 0.9 ec 5.8 ph
Runoff 0.9 and 6.7 ph (was 6.5 last nights runoff)

How should i correct?

Were you fertigating every other day?

Day 37 since sprout

Besides for one plant, I don't really feel like stretch is here yet.. but side branching is happening and I started mainlining, my first attempt ever so would love to get your inputs..

Defoliated 3-4 shading leaves from each plant.
Feeding every 48 hours, should I feed every day? (Coco \ Perlite mix)
Fed 5.8 ph and 0.95 ec, runoff ph is 6.5 and ec is 1.05, does that mean I fed a little too strong? no signs of new nute burns though. anyhow, I fed today 0.9 just to be sure.

Also thinking of switching to HPS now.. what you guys think?
And one last question I've never gone above 27c in my tent.. I wanna cut down the a\c for the next month.. will they handle 30c just as fine?

Hope you guys can share your knowledge with me and overall tell me what you think
@automan2 @Harry_Kovert @JayGeeCanuck @NiceOption

pics..

View attachment 1096999 View attachment 1097000 View attachment 1097001 View attachment 1097002 View attachment 1097003 View attachment 1097004 View attachment 1097005 View attachment 1097006

stunning work mon ami. to answer the temp question and I caveat my answer with the fact I know very little! 30c heat is fine as long as humidity is within certain parameters. Have a google for a VPD chart [if you haven't already] as it will hopefully provide you with some reassurance and some ideal targets to aim for. :woohoo1:

stunning work mon ami. to answer the temp question and I caveat my answer with the fact I know very little! 30c heat is fine as long as humidity is within certain parameters. Have a google for a VPD chart [if you haven't already] as it will hopefully provide you with some reassurance and some ideal targets to aim for. :woohoo1:

Tnxxx harry!
I'm not impressed at all atm though, not quite satisfied as I set my targets high, I want at least 300 grams of quality bud, I feel like I could have done a better job cause they are kinda small for almost day 40... but maybe it's just genetics and for sure I have to get my touch with autos. With photos there's no time constraint, so I just veg til the room is X percent full and I quite know what's the yield gonna be like... on the other hand though, autos are such a great learning curve because of the time constraint. I feel like I want to try again and just be on point with everything from day one... anyway lol I do know about VPD and kinda being in the range because of climate here its hot and humid.. but more importantly I live with roommates and we got a 500$ electricity bill for the past 2 months now idk costs in other countries but here that's fuckin insane and it's not even because of the groom, its the freaking central a\c unit its a hell of a summer getting to 25-7c at night so we sleep with a\c on and I work from home so ac is on like a bitch and I promised to cut down lol now my portable ac is also a bitch I feel like if its on too long there's smell of gas in the air and I can't have it on at night cause its freakin loud af. and a great grower I know told me he gets up to 29c and I see some growers here get to 32c.

so coming to conclusions while writing this maybe I should just higher the lights whenever the central unit is off .. that's gona be ~100cm away from plants.. for 6-8 hours a day.. how harmful is this gona be yield-wise?

@automan2 @JayGeeCanuck @NiceOption
sorry to bother you again guys but really has to figure out if I can get away with purchasing a new portable ac unit..

thank you guys so much, its a great community here

Yes.
Now will water every day

Tnxxx harry!
I'm not impressed at all atm though, not quite satisfied as I set my targets high, I want at least 300 grams of quality bud, I feel like I could have done a better job cause they are kinda small for almost day 40... but maybe it's just genetics and for sure I have to get my touch with autos. With photos there's no time constraint, so I just veg til the room is X percent full and I quite know what's the yield gonna be like... on the other hand though, autos are such a great learning curve because of the time constraint. I feel like I want to try again and just be on point with everything from day one... anyway lol I do know about VPD and kinda being in the range because of climate here its hot and humid.. but more importantly I live with roommates and we got a 500$ electricity bill for the past 2 months now idk costs in other countries but here that's fuckin insane and it's not even because of the groom, its the freaking central a\c unit its a hell of a summer getting to 25-7c at night so we sleep with a\c on and I work from home so ac is on like a bitch and I promised to cut down lol now my portable ac is also a bitch I feel like if its on too long there's smell of gas in the air and I can't have it on at night cause its freakin loud af. and a great grower I know told me he gets up to 29c and I see some growers here get to 32c.

so coming to conclusions while writing this maybe I should just higher the lights whenever the central unit is off .. that's gona be ~100cm away from plants.. for 6-8 hours a day.. how harmful is this gona be yield-wise?

@automan2 @JayGeeCanuck @NiceOption
sorry to bother you again guys but really has to figure out if I can get away with purchasing a new portable ac unit..

thank you guys so much, its a great community here

You can cut the lights out completely for 6hrs during the warmest part of the day. That might be the easiest option for a heatwave. I know that's what Mephisto recommends as a solution. How is your ventilation in the tent? Are you directing intake air to blow over/around the light and out the exhaust?
Could you upgrade to a more efficient light like a quantum board?

You can cut the lights out completely for 6hrs during the warmest part of the day. That might be the easiest option for a heatwave. I know that's what Mephisto recommends as a solution. How is your ventilation in the tent? Are you directing intake air to blow over/around the light and out the exhaust?
Could you upgrade to a more efficient light like a quantum board?

You got some telepathic skills jay mate.

1. I just browsed for some QB's nearby and I have some options, it's irrelevant as I'm out of budget for this grow, but I think for next summerr grows, the best and most affordable way to light my 1.2x1.2m tent with qb's would be 2 panels of 100w. would that be equivalent to a 600w hps?

2. I just re-arranged my fans positioning with 2 fans pointing canopy level and one fan pointing the bulb. Ran out of rachets so went for a little DIY for the weekend.. exhaust goes up the ceiling and out the window.

3. Because we run the main a\c until a lot, I wired a ducting from the shutters down to the tent, while keeping 1\4 of the shutters open to chill the room. this help bring down temps to about 26-27c throughout the day, but with the 600W MH 65-70cm away from the canopy, which is quite distant.

Now as of the last electricity bill we're definitely going to reduce the usage and I'll have to use my portable ac more often. it only draws 700w but makes machinegun noise and twice this week the room smelled of gas when it was on.. and it can't really be on for longer than 2-3 hours it gets hot AF, and this gas smell as well.

So for the next month, I will def sleep with main ac on. but 8 am to 12 pm it's going to be off. then again from 6 pm to 12 am off again. which leaves me with 10 hours.. I guess I just came to a conclusion... lights off 8am to 12pm and portable ac on 6pm to 12am.. it's easier for it to chill the room at evening, I'll try make it cool the room to 22-23c instead of using the ducting to get it inside.. (bottom left of tent)

Wow bro your questions really made me realize what I have to do. kudos brother thank you.

I think they already reacted to the new everyday feeding schedule just 12 hours after the feed... took some pics to show new growth and a video so you could tell me if fans are directed good above canopy ;) also took a closeup of the girl that stretched the most and made a leggy mainline and the one that was fimmed.. turned out nice

IMG_20190831_042644.jpg
IMG_20190831_042841_1.jpg
IMG_20190831_042846_1.jpg

IMG_20190831_042918_1.jpg
IMG_20190831_042655.jpg
IMG_20190831_042708.jpg
IMG_20190831_042728.jpg
IMG_20190831_042748.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jay! reading that right now. gonna feed every day now.

So the runoff is just about the same EC I feed but PH goes up, does that mean I need to lower?

Thank you sir!.
So right now it's not over 1.0 ec all I feed is 0.5ml p\ liter of cal mag and about 0.75 of canna coco a+b each. so you saying slightly burnt tips is fine as long as ec doesnt go over 1.4? im always afraid to go above 1.2... but I can start using RO water to drop the 0.3 ec and go 1ml of cal mag... this any good?
I should be starting adding Big Bud soon but dunno really when, flowering here is slightly different than photos... I think after the weekend I'll change to HPS and add 0.5ml p\ liter Big Bud, you think this a right move?

My friend in the hydro store says exactly the same feed more and keep ec same for coco and theyll be greener so will do!

thanks for the help people. love
I mean, the runoff sounds fine to me then. You can probably just up the feed a bit. Burnt tips aren't ideal but they're also not a problem at this stage, you can just back off as soon as you start to see it.

Sorry I've just read all of this now.

So, I would just adjust the light schedule to be off during the hottest part of the day.

Don't worry too much about the high temps, especially now. It might be a problem in flower, but even then, I've had good yields with a hot summer and an HPS hitting well over 30 plenty of days, it's not the end of the world and you've trained them hard, they won't end up being too close to the bulb.

I wouldn't bother with the AC. It sounds expensive and you'd be better off saving your money and getting a decent LED down the line, which will also bring your electric bill down whilst giving off half the heat.

The plants won't be huge, you've trained them pretty hard for autos. I knoooooow there's plenty of people here that do that, but they're not getting a bigger yields. Autos just don't really work like that. Best off to train a bit just to improve exposure and level them out a bit. Topping and mainlining might be more interesting, but I've never once seen it improve a yield, often the opposite and usually it makes no difference. It's great if you're limited for vertical space but otherwise I don't see the point, all it really does is ensure small plants (i should stress that doesn't mean small yields though!)

Every plant I've trained hard, I've pulled 3-4oz from, every plant I've pretty much left be, I've pulled 4-8oz from.

Leaves look nice and green and the plants look pretty healthy. I know they're a little on the small side, but they have some time to stretch and the strain doesn't get that big either.

I wouldn't worry too much about the feed either, it's probably fine you just need to be doing it every day rather than every other day. Don't let em dry out and they'll be fine.

There's no where near as much to correct than it sounds like you think there is. They're happy looking plants but next time I'd recommend easing off on the training a bit if you want a more satisfying grow.

RH and temps look fine too! You're all good!

:greenthumb:

Sorry I've just read all of this now.

So, I would just adjust the light schedule to be off during the hottest part of the day.

Don't worry too much about the high temps, especially now. It might be a problem in flower, but even then, I've had good yields with a hot summer and an HPS hitting well over 30 plenty of days, it's not the end of the world and you've trained them hard, they won't end up being too close to the bulb.

I wouldn't bother with the AC. It sounds expensive and you'd be better off saving your money and getting a decent LED down the line, which will also bring your electric bill down whilst giving off half the heat.

The plants won't be huge, you've trained them pretty hard for autos. I knoooooow there's plenty of people here that do that, but they're not getting a bigger yields. Autos just don't really work like that. Best off to train a bit just to improve exposure and level them out a bit. Topping and mainlining might be more interesting, but I've never once seen it improve a yield, often the opposite and usually it makes no difference. It's great if you're limited for vertical space but otherwise I don't see the point, all it really does is ensure small plants (i should stress that doesn't mean small yields though!)

Every plant I've trained hard, I've pulled 3-4oz from, every plant I've pretty much left be, I've pulled 4-8oz from.

Leaves look nice and green and the plants look pretty healthy. I know they're a little on the small side, but they have some time to stretch and the strain doesn't get that big either.

I wouldn't worry too much about the feed either, it's probably fine you just need to be doing it every day rather than every other day. Don't let em dry out and they'll be fine.

There's no where near as much to correct than it sounds like you think there is. They're happy looking plants but next time I'd recommend easing off on the training a bit if you want a more satisfying grow.

RH and temps look fine too! You're all good!

:greenthumb:

Thank you Niceopt. Appreciate your detailed comment.
So I've done some thinking and experimenting with the a\c since I've read your post.
Also changed the MH with HPS and introduced Big Bud yesterday. I used A\C water @ 0.1 ec and upped the nutes a bit - 1ml p\l Canna A+B, 1ml p\l Cal-Mag, 0.5ml p\l Big Bud. EC remains 0.95 as of RO water and I upped the nutes by quite a bit so I'm happy with that. plants look happy as well. runoff was 0.95 ec and 6.6 ph. maybe It's a nute lockout? I feed 2 Liters x 5 plants and I get 3-4 Liters runoff.. quite alot.. maybe they just don't eat?

Also I found that if I duct half of the shutters of the portable ac into the tent and other half to cool the room, it can work for hours without getting hot and smelling from gas and keep the temps at no more than 26c @ 60cm away from canopy. we will cut down as much as we can with the main ac but with it on I could probably lower the lights to even 40cm away for some good hours though the day.

Finally, I decided I'll just go with 18\6 when the lights off time is when I go to sleep til I wake up + 1 hour of only having main ac on. It's simply because the portable's noise is unbearable and I can't sleep with it.
Rest of the time it will work with either portable ac alone or together with the main unit as explained.. portable draws only 700w from the wall (I have a counter so I can pay the room's electricity in separate, living with roommates. lol) so It's nothing in comparison to losing a grow for heat.

In regards of feeding.. it's the second feed in two days and they definitely seem to love the faster pace. they are green and a lot of new shoots are coming out. I might be imagining but it looks like 24 hours after giving big bud shoots were really starting to form a crown-like shape.. I always believe if I see a fast reaction from a change in diet then it means I did it at the right time. Hope I'm right, even though I feel like I could have started feeding Big bud a week earlier..

And about the QB's brother, what are the size usually of these boards?
I found a 100w Horticulture Group QB that says to light a flowering area of 60x60. two of these would cost $450 which I could probably afford in a month or two..
But then I saw a 250w QB same horticulture group for the same $450 but it says to light a 120x60 flowering area... I guess because it's long and not square.. So question is would a 100w x 2 QB's be able to replace my 600w HPS in both yield and quality? Heat control is just the extra...

So um.. really hope I nail this 60g per plant target. cause it seems like there won't be another run for safety reasons and I smoke a lot :)

Cheers and thank you bro

Last edited:
Back