Indoor x5 Blackberry Auto Run (FastBuds)

Thank you Niceopt. Appreciate your detailed comment.
So I've done some thinking and experimenting with the a\c since I've read your post.
Also changed the MH with HPS and introduced Big Bud yesterday. I used A\C water @ 0.1 ec and upped the nutes a bit - 1ml p\l Canna A+B, 1ml p\l Cal-Mag, 0.5ml p\l Big Bud. EC remains 0.95 as of RO water and I upped the nutes by quite a bit so I'm happy with that. plants look happy as well. runoff was 0.95 ec and 6.6 ph. maybe It's a nute lockout? I feed 2 Liters x 5 plants and I get 3-4 Liters runoff.. quite alot.. maybe they just don't eat?

Also I found that if I duct half of the shutters of the portable ac into the tent and other half to cool the room, it can work for hours without getting hot and smelling from gas and keep the temps at no more than 26c @ 60cm away from canopy. we will cut down as much as we can with the main ac but with it on I could probably lower the lights to even 40cm away for some good hours though the day.

Finally, I decided I'll just go with 18\6 when the lights off time is when I go to sleep til I wake up + 1 hour of only having main ac on. It's simply because the portable's noise is unbearable and I can't sleep with it.
Rest of the time it will work with either portable ac alone or together with the main unit as explained.. portable draws only 700w from the wall (I have a counter so I can pay the room's electricity in separate, living with roommates. lol) so It's nothing in comparison to losing a grow for heat.

In regards of feeding.. it's the second feed in two days and they definitely seem to love the faster pace. they are green and a lot of new shoots are coming out. I might be imagining but it looks like 24 hours after giving big bud shoots were really starting to form a crown-like shape.. I always believe if I see a fast reaction from a change in diet then it means I did it at the right time. Hope I'm right, even though I feel like I could have started feeding Big bud a week earlier..

And about the QB's brother, what are the size usually of these boards?
I found a 100w Horticulture Group QB that says to light a flowering area of 60x60. two of these would cost $450 which I could probably afford in a month or two..
But then I saw a 250w QB same horticulture group for the same $450 but it says to light a 120x60 flowering area... I guess because it's long and not square.. So question is would a 100w x 2 QB's be able to replace my 600w HPS in both yield and quality? Heat control is just the extra...

So um.. really hope I nail this 60g per plant target. cause it seems like there won't be another run for safety reasons and I smoke a lot :)

Cheers and thank you bro
You can get a 480w QB from Alibaba.com for $400. It will produce PAR output similar to 1000w hps for half the draw. I got a Meijiu. The Kingbrite are also good.

Thank you Niceopt. Appreciate your detailed comment.
So I've done some thinking and experimenting with the a\c since I've read your post.
Also changed the MH with HPS and introduced Big Bud yesterday. I used A\C water @ 0.1 ec and upped the nutes a bit - 1ml p\l Canna A+B, 1ml p\l Cal-Mag, 0.5ml p\l Big Bud. EC remains 0.95 as of RO water and I upped the nutes by quite a bit so I'm happy with that. plants look happy as well. runoff was 0.95 ec and 6.6 ph. maybe It's a nute lockout? I feed 2 Liters x 5 plants and I get 3-4 Liters runoff.. quite alot.. maybe they just don't eat?

Also I found that if I duct half of the shutters of the portable ac into the tent and other half to cool the room, it can work for hours without getting hot and smelling from gas and keep the temps at no more than 26c @ 60cm away from canopy. we will cut down as much as we can with the main ac but with it on I could probably lower the lights to even 40cm away for some good hours though the day.

Finally, I decided I'll just go with 18\6 when the lights off time is when I go to sleep til I wake up + 1 hour of only having main ac on. It's simply because the portable's noise is unbearable and I can't sleep with it.
Rest of the time it will work with either portable ac alone or together with the main unit as explained.. portable draws only 700w from the wall (I have a counter so I can pay the room's electricity in separate, living with roommates. lol) so It's nothing in comparison to losing a grow for heat.

In regards of feeding.. it's the second feed in two days and they definitely seem to love the faster pace. they are green and a lot of new shoots are coming out. I might be imagining but it looks like 24 hours after giving big bud shoots were really starting to form a crown-like shape.. I always believe if I see a fast reaction from a change in diet then it means I did it at the right time. Hope I'm right, even though I feel like I could have started feeding Big bud a week earlier..

And about the QB's brother, what are the size usually of these boards?
I found a 100w Horticulture Group QB that says to light a flowering area of 60x60. two of these would cost $450 which I could probably afford in a month or two..
But then I saw a 250w QB same horticulture group for the same $450 but it says to light a 120x60 flowering area... I guess because it's long and not square.. So question is would a 100w x 2 QB's be able to replace my 600w HPS in both yield and quality? Heat control is just the extra...

So um.. really hope I nail this 60g per plant target. cause it seems like there won't be another run for safety reasons and I smoke a lot :)

Cheers and thank you bro
I'm afraid I know nothing about the QBs but a lot of people have switched to the and others will have good advice for you on that. People seem to love to em and from what I've seen, they're a lot better than most cobs.

The running cost of that AC must be insane! I can see why you're getting frustrated with it.

Re the feed, glad to hear they've perked up a bit! As far as I'm aware, Big Bud is essentially a PK booster with some other things chucked in there so I'd be surprised if it was that, i suspect it has more to do with the frequency but as long as it's working, that's the main thing! Keep an eye on them I guess, it's not really supposed to be used before flower but by the sound of it, if growth has suddenly sped up they're right about to hit flower so you've probably timed it perfectly. You may have fried em by starting any earlier, seems like you've got it bang on. No regrets!
Keep an eye on the calmag as this is when they'll start wanting more, I always have a bit of battle trying to get them enough around the time they're hitting flower although it's less of an issue if you're not using LEDs. Still, they need a lot in coco.

You're feeding each plant 2 litres a day or 2 litres across all 5? If you're feeding 10l and getting 30-40% run off you can probably just feed them a bit less. 10-20% run off is enough. Feeding more doesn't matter, just a bit of a waste of nutes and water. As you'll have realised by now, you can't really drown plants in coco unless they're sitting in their run off so don't worry about that.

You'll have no problem pulling 60g a plant I don't think, I'd expect a bit more than that tbh. HPS comes with it's issues in hot climates but they certainly produce.

:peace:

Changing out the hps to qb, led, or cobs will definitely reduce your heat and elec costs.
I'm located in the south with heat always a problem during summer. I've always reduced light-on hours just for that reason.
Last year, I began changing from hps to led...actually started with a cheapo "600w" led to prove to myself it'd make a difference...it did, so I added another led and eventually added 2 cobs. What a difference with elec draw, heat AND yeild.
I just pulled 5 oz from 3 plants, running 14/10 in a 3x2 tent and soil. Never had close to that with hps.
My elec draw is now less than 250w from the wall and my yeild has exploded. Elec cost has gone down 20-30% and I have no need to ac my grow space....
While QBs may be the cats meow, there's alternatives that are far less expensive and will meet your needs.
I'm not promoting anything but changing out the hps. After having to deal with hps problems for over 13 years, I'm happier than a pig eating slop.
Also, being retired over 10 years, I had to slowly change over with as little cost as I could. With fixed income, I did pretty good squeezing dollars.
Growing in soil, I can't speak to your coco issues, and I barely do any lst...I just letem rip. My small tent and 2 ltr pots have become quite impressive .

Thank you all for commenting guys,
I'll start with a general question if you dont mind :)

What do you think of foliar feeding? and how do you that? I know just before lights go off, besides that really am clueless and never tried.

You can get a 480w QB from Alibaba.com for $400. It will produce PAR output similar to 1000w hps for half the draw. I got a Meijiu. The Kingbrite are also good.

HLG 260W QB V2 LED Kit available for $330 [reduced by $70] on their site and appears to have the perfect footprint for your space.

Thanks guys. Should I order it to the address of a local Hydro Shop under their name if I can? just being super cautious here..

I'm afraid I know nothing about the QBs but a lot of people have switched to the and others will have good advice for you on that. People seem to love to em and from what I've seen, they're a lot better than most cobs.

The running cost of that AC must be insane! I can see why you're getting frustrated with it.

Re the feed, glad to hear they've perked up a bit! As far as I'm aware, Big Bud is essentially a PK booster with some other things chucked in there so I'd be surprised if it was that, i suspect it has more to do with the frequency but as long as it's working, that's the main thing! Keep an eye on them I guess, it's not really supposed to be used before flower but by the sound of it, if growth has suddenly sped up they're right about to hit flower so you've probably timed it perfectly. You may have fried em by starting any earlier, seems like you've got it bang on. No regrets!
Keep an eye on the calmag as this is when they'll start wanting more, I always have a bit of battle trying to get them enough around the time they're hitting flower although it's less of an issue if you're not using LEDs. Still, they need a lot in coco.

You're feeding each plant 2 litres a day or 2 litres across all 5? If you're feeding 10l and getting 30-40% run off you can probably just feed them a bit less. 10-20% run off is enough. Feeding more doesn't matter, just a bit of a waste of nutes and water. As you'll have realised by now, you can't really drown plants in coco unless they're sitting in their run off so don't worry about that.

You'll have no problem pulling 60g a plant I don't think, I'd expect a bit more than that tbh. HPS comes with it's issues in hot climates but they certainly produce.

:peace:

Thank you brother your words are uplifting :) its day 40ish reminding you, they are all sexed and 2 are quite faster than the others, one is already in the middle of her stretch and just started popping out more pistils. so flowertime ON :)

I can definitely feed less, so I tried 1.5 L each last feed and got a smaller runoff, will measure amounts today. I just feel like 1 L is not enough to equally water a 12 L air pot.. I water in circles from inside to out side slowly. I don't water the edges of the pot cuz then it just leaks out..

about the ac i dont mind having it on 18 hours a day @ 700w.. it's only 50-70$ for the month or so until this grow is done plus it gives me enough RO water for everyday feeding. I'd rather spend even more than that and have the bulb 40-50cm away from canopy and not 80-100cm away and suffer from a 29-30c tent... If grow is complete with the right quality and amount of bud, I could easily exchange some bud for a nice QB and wala problem solved forever.

Changing out the hps to qb, led, or cobs will definitely reduce your heat and elec costs.
I'm located in the south with heat always a problem during summer. I've always reduced light-on hours just for that reason.
Last year, I began changing from hps to led...actually started with a cheapo "600w" led to prove to myself it'd make a difference...it did, so I added another led and eventually added 2 cobs. What a difference with elec draw, heat AND yeild.
I just pulled 5 oz from 3 plants, running 14/10 in a 3x2 tent and soil. Never had close to that with hps.
My elec draw is now less than 250w from the wall and my yeild has exploded. Elec cost has gone down 20-30% and I have no need to ac my grow space....
While QBs may be the cats meow, there's alternatives that are far less expensive and will meet your needs.
I'm not promoting anything but changing out the hps. After having to deal with hps problems for over 13 years, I'm happier than a pig eating slop.
Also, being retired over 10 years, I had to slowly change over with as little cost as I could. With fixed income, I did pretty good squeezing dollars.
Growing in soil, I can't speak to your coco issues, and I barely do any lst...I just letem rip. My small tent and 2 ltr pots have become quite impressive .

So you're saying a cheap LED along with 2 COBS that overall draws 250w giving you more than a 600w hps? Very impressive man so probably 200-300w QBs would be even better than that right?

Last edited:

What do you think of foliar feeding? and how do you that? I know just before lights go off, besides that really am clueless and never tried.

Thanks guys. Should I order it to the address of a local Hydro Shop under their name if I can? just being super cautious here..

Thank you brother your words are uplifting :) its day 40ish reminding you, they are all sexed and 2 are quite faster than the others, one is already in the middle of her stretch and just started popping out more pistils. so flowertime ON :)

I can definitely feed less, so I tried 1.5 L each last feed and got a smaller runoff, will measure amounts today. I just feel like 1 L is not enough to equally water a 12 L air pot.. I water in circles from inside to out side slowly. I don't water the edges of the pot cuz then it just leaks out..

about the ac i dont mind having it on 18 hours a day @ 700w.. it's only 50-70$ for the month or so until this grow is done plus it gives me enough RO water for everyday feeding. I'd rather spend even more than that and have the bulb 40-50cm away from canopy and not 80-100cm away and suffer from a 29-30c tent... If grow is complete with the right quality and amount of bud, I could easily exchange some bud for a nice QB and wala problem solved forever.

So you're saying a cheap LED along with 2 COBS that overall draws 250w giving you more than a 600w hps? Very impressive man so probably 200-300w QBs would be even better than that right?
1 liter per plant at that size is about right ( to give you about 200mls of runoff). It'll increase as they get bigger.
Mine are taking around 1/2 gallon to produce 300-400mls of runof(per plant, per fertigation event) in 3 gallon pots.
As far as the light, the 240w wouldn't be quite enough. The 320w model can replace a 600whps though.

Last edited:
1 liter per plant at that size is about right ( to give you about 200mls of runoff). It'll increase as they get bigger.
Mine are taking around 1/2 gallon to produce 300-400mls of runof(per plant, per fertigation event) in gallon pots.
As far as the light, the 240w wouldn't be quite enough. The 320w model can replace a 600whps though.
Thanks brother.
I just fed again 2 plants got 1.5 and 3 got 1 liter. So 6 liters feed and 3 liters runoff. Lol I should probably go below 1 ..

Fed 1.0 ec with 0.1 ac water in the background. Ph was perfectly set on 5.8 after adding nutes.

Runoff was again higher ph @ 6.6
Ec runoff was 0.9 so tomorrow theyll get 1.1.

Should i even bother about the high runoff ph?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I've been using biobizz algamic with household ammonia mix whenever I'm messing with my veg area which is on 24/0. A Household ammonia spray becomes an instant snack of nitrogen and it why I always had the best lawn in the neighborhood!

Caution is never overdone.

Oh yeah, I'd think so...you'll prob be as astounded as I was at the difference. QBs are becoming a leader in growin da herb!
When I changed over last year, I bought my lights piecemeal and actually enjoy the adjustability as I grow several strains at once and can move all lights up and down and sideways according to need.
The adjustability aids penetration immensely.

I use Optic foliar Overgrow and have been very happy. Also use GH calimagic mixed with tap water and it’s been good also.

Thing to remember is that you can’t compare wattages for lights when going from HPS to QB which is why you see alot if people say comparable to. A lot of the wattage if HPS is converted to BTU so it’s not really light. I wouldn’t try to compare them. Decide how you want to grow and then fund folks that are using that method successfully with QB or cob and Mitch their lighting foot print and you’ll be happy. To many online sellers saying their lights match XYZ to be able to distinguish false claims. Even the draw from the wall can be useless if the have internal fans and inefficienct drivers.

Thanks brother.
I just fed again 2 plants got 1.5 and 3 got 1 liter. So 6 liters feed and 3 liters runoff. Lol I should probably go below 1 ..

Fed 1.0 ec with 0.1 ac water in the background. Ph was perfectly set on 5.8 after adding nutes.

Runoff was again higher ph @ 6.6
Ec runoff was 0.9 so tomorrow theyll get 1.1.

Should i even bother about the high runoff ph?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

A lower runoff EC will usually correct itself after a few fertigation events, according to cocoforcannabis.com.

The ph is a bit odd considering the EC runoff is low. My guess is once you dial in the amount, and increase the frequency itll decrease. Plants look good?

Back