Indoor x5 Blackberry Auto Run (FastBuds)

No journal on the GSC...I was so concentrated on the mephistos, the GSC was kinda a stepchild...and then suddenly fattened up like she was eating triple cheeseburgers!
Mephisto or Fastbuds would be great as both have great genetics.

So I kinda confused a day here or there in the count.. but today is Day 32 from sprout

One girl is putting more pistils then others, and stretched a bit as well, she's less bushy then the others, I guess a different pheno...
Anyhow, there are 2 super compact and relatively bigger girls, I've got good hopes for these 2, and one plant that was fimed instead of topped..
They didn't bother the top at all, and growth is slightly faster every day, I think they're starting to focus on side branching now and hope they explode with growth anytime..

I fed again (feeding every 48hrs) 0.85 ec and 5.8 ph.
0.5 ml p\l Cal-Mag
0.5 ml p\l Canna Coco A+B (each)
Tap water bg is 0.35
They all drank 2 liters to a decent runoff (10-20%)

Once I see some explosive growth, I'll up the nutes a bit, maybe to 0.95.
But they showed burnt tips last week with 1.0... so I'll be easy..

I still didn't get my flood table from the store they should supply it by tomorrow so watering outside he tent and its pics time

All 5 babies top view

photo_2019-08-25_01-22-33.jpg

This girl suffered the most from Cal deficiency but now with the 0.5ml cal mag added to the feed and she's back on track.

photo_2019-08-25_01-22-36.jpg

photo_2019-08-25_01-22-59.jpg
photo_2019-08-25_01-23-01.jpg
photo_2019-08-25_01-23-04.jpg

Abnormal growth with some weird marks on leave.. possibly a leafminer got in there really early and fked up the leave?

photo_2019-08-25_01-22-39.jpg

A little bit of leafminer trails..

photo_2019-08-25_01-22-44.jpg

Lovely compact structure of the biggest girl

photo_2019-08-25_01-22-50.jpg

Possibly something ate my leaf, or was it just the damp soil as the plants are so compact, the first set of leaves touch the soil.. I'll probably cut these off to avoid mould.

photo_2019-08-25_01-22-57.jpg

So if you got so far.... then I just decided to mainline the stretchiest girl..

-----------------------------------------

peace homeboys
hope its a good read for ya'll

Last edited:
8 zips would be 224g similar to my NL! It's perfect for 80 days! could you share the journal?
Im actively looking for my next strain and must decide quick, as shipping takes time and I want to start before this run finishes, it looks like I could make room for another 5 seedlings for the last 20 days of the grow.. also I could always put them under cfls in the closet and move into the tent as soon as this run is done so ill be getting 2 harvests in 3-4 month time.. pretty perfect.. anyways im looking for heavy indicas, preferably with some cbd, and no super plants that go beyond 80 days..

How was the smoke of the GSC? I was looking on their Auto Cookies Cream (i think thats the strain).. but as said looking for heavy indicas mostly to help my insomnia.. I barely smoke before 7pm.. but its always good to have some nice day smoke ..
Rnow reading your post, maybe I should just start vegging some early finishers photos.. so I know I'll have at least one banger in the jars..
The Critical is in my current journal. Only took her down a couple of weeks ago. Not much to show though, she was a real "set it and forget it" grow. Did basically no training on her. She was even looked after by a friend for two weeks during early flower and was only fed every three days. Still delivered nicely. Fed full strength nutes her whole life and not a hint of burn.

Last night I fed 5.8 ph and 0.95 ec (feed before was 0.85)
Runoff was 6.5 and 0.95.

I'll see what comes out on tomorrows feed runoff, probably they want higher ec so I'll give them 1.0 exactly and see how they handle it.

Better late then never - they stretched just enough to start Mainlining. I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow.

I have citrus leafminers in my tent, one was trapped on sticky trap so I know for sure. they're probably just one or two as they barely touched 2 leaves. but I don't want them to multiply and take over my garden!
I tucked a couple of affected leaves, not sure if I should use Confidor or Neem or any other product.

Anyway, found this weird spot as well, can anyone identify?

tnx guys

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-28 at 00.43.24(2).jpeg

Day 37 since sprout

Besides for one plant, I don't really feel like stretch is here yet.. but side branching is happening and I started mainlining, my first attempt ever so would love to get your inputs..

Defoliated 3-4 shading leaves from each plant.
Feeding every 48 hours, should I feed every day? (Coco \ Perlite mix)
Fed 5.8 ph and 0.95 ec, runoff ph is 6.5 and ec is 1.05, does that mean I fed a little too strong? no signs of new nute burns though. anyhow, I fed today 0.9 just to be sure.

Also thinking of switching to HPS now.. what you guys think?
And one last question I've never gone above 27c in my tent.. I wanna cut down the a\c for the next month.. will they handle 30c just as fine?

Hope you guys can share your knowledge with me and overall tell me what you think
@automan2 @Harry_Kovert @JayGeeCanuck @NiceOption

pics..

photo_2019-08-30_01-55-08.jpg
photo_2019-08-30_01-55-14.jpg
photo_2019-08-30_01-55-18.jpg
photo_2019-08-30_01-55-22.jpg
photo_2019-08-30_01-55-25.jpg
photo_2019-08-30_01-55-29.jpg
photo_2019-08-30_01-55-33.jpg
photo_2019-08-30_01-55-37.jpg

Last edited:
30C is too much. 26.6C at most.

With coco you should be feeding min once daily, 2x is even better.

If youre monitoring EC, 100 EC increase in right on point. It can go up to 300, but you may want to increase frequency if it starts to get up there.

This site breaks it down pretty well:
https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/managerunoffec/

Hey buddy, they look good to me.

It's a lot of training for an auto and they'll be some pretty squat plants probably but that's not a problem. They're still stretching but the topping will probably reduce that a little and it tends to slow things down a bit in the beginning but they'll catch up. They look OK for their age I think but you can probably leave them be for a bit now.

You definitely want to be feeding every day, every two days is not enough, the coco shouldnt dry out at all at this point. Down the line you can use a small period of starvation to boost yields a bit (theoretically) but in veg they should just be getting everything they need made available to them.

1.5 is a bit hot but nothing serious. I only measure in ppm not EC but basically as long as you're under 1000ppm or 1.4EC you're fine really. PH is on point.

PPM guide - note this is not including what's already in the water, which should be as low as possible and is for photos but I don't think there's much difference.

Seedlings, Early Sprouts 100 to 250

Early Vegging 300 to 400

Full Vegetation 450 to 700

Early Blooming 750 to 950

Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

It's also worth pointing out that I've fed plants at ridiculously high levels their whole life and they still turned out alright.
Use the above as a rough guide but most importantly, listen to the plants. I can tell you from experience you'll have better results looking at leaves than you will looking at LCD screens and charts!

Keep monitoring the run off for a bit and if ph rises and ppm go down your not feeding enough, if ph goes down your feeding to much.

Sounds like you're fine though tbh, you just need to feed em more often! They're probably start needing a fair bit more cal-mag soon too so keep an eye out for signs of def and adjust accordingly, if it blows out the ppm, don't worry too much about it, slightly hot feed (as long as it's not burning) is better than a cal mag def.

:peace:

Oh and yes, 30 is too much but it won't kill em and is fine in veg really. Try and get it down once they're flowering though. Heat lowers resin production and kills terps.

30C is too much. 26.6C at most.

With coco you should be feeding min once daily, 2x is even better.

If youre monitoring EC, 100 EC increase in right on point. It can go up to 300, but you may want to increase frequency if it starts to get up there.

This site breaks it down pretty well:
https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/managerunoffec/

Thanks Jay! reading that right now. gonna feed every day now.

Hey buddy, they look good to me.

It's a lot of training for an auto and they'll be some pretty squat plants probably but that's not a problem. They're still stretching but the topping will probably reduce that a little and it tends to slow things down a bit in the beginning but they'll catch up. They look OK for their age I think but you can probably leave them be for a bit now.

You definitely want to be feeding every day, every two days is not enough, the coco shouldnt dry out at all at this point. Down the line you can use a small period of starvation to boost yields a bit (theoretically) but in veg they should just be getting everything they need made available to them.

1.5 is a bit hot but nothing serious. I only measure in ppm not EC but basically as long as you're under 1000ppm or 1.4EC you're fine really. PH is on point.

PPM guide - note this is not including what's already in the water, which should be as low as possible and is for photos but I don't think there's much difference.

Seedlings, Early Sprouts 100 to 250

Early Vegging 300 to 400

Full Vegetation 450 to 700

Early Blooming 750 to 950

Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

It's also worth pointing out that I've fed plants at ridiculously high levels their whole life and they still turned out alright.
Use the above as a rough guide but most importantly, listen to the plants. I can tell you from experience you'll have better results looking at leaves than you will looking at LCD screens and charts!

Keep monitoring the run off for a bit and if ph rises and ppm go down your not feeding enough, if ph goes down your feeding to much.

Sounds like you're fine though tbh, you just need to feed em more often! They're probably start needing a fair bit more cal-mag soon too so keep an eye out for signs of def and adjust accordingly, if it blows out the ppm, don't worry too much about it, slightly hot feed (as long as it's not burning) is better than a cal mag def.

:peace:

So the runoff is just about the same EC I feed but PH goes up, does that mean I need to lower?

Oh and yes, 30 is too much but it won't kill em and is fine in veg really. Try and get it down once they're flowering though. Heat lowers resin production and kills terps.

Thank you sir!.
So right now it's not over 1.0 ec all I feed is 0.5ml p\ liter of cal mag and about 0.75 of canna coco a+b each. so you saying slightly burnt tips is fine as long as ec doesnt go over 1.4? im always afraid to go above 1.2... but I can start using RO water to drop the 0.3 ec and go 1ml of cal mag... this any good?
I should be starting adding Big Bud soon but dunno really when, flowering here is slightly different than photos... I think after the weekend I'll change to HPS and add 0.5ml p\ liter Big Bud, you think this a right move?

My friend in the hydro store says exactly the same feed more and keep ec same for coco and theyll be greener so will do!

thanks for the help people. love

Thanks Jay! reading that right now. gonna feed every day now.

So the runoff is just about the same EC I feed but PH goes up, does that mean I need to lower?

Thank you sir!.
So right now it's not over 1.0 ec all I feed is 0.5ml p\ liter of cal mag and about 0.75 of canna coco a+b each. so you saying slightly burnt tips is fine as long as ec doesnt go over 1.4? im always afraid to go above 1.2... but I can start using RO water to drop the 0.3 ec and go 1ml of cal mag... this any good?
I should be starting adding Big Bud soon but dunno really when, flowering here is slightly different than photos... I think after the weekend I'll change to HPS and add 0.5ml p\ liter Big Bud, you think this a right move?

My friend in the hydro store says exactly the same feed more and keep ec same for coco and theyll be greener so will do!

thanks for the help people. love

Slight burning is fine. My most 'nute burned' plant produced the nicest buds so its not a deal breaker. I'm currently at an EC of around 1.6 and just started bloom nutes. There's a bit of tip burn, but they're good.

Back